As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

A Scorching Exploration

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 10:35 AM

[center]ImageImage
Covielliideno "Coviell", Senervel del Irneh, Marbleprint "Marble"

The bright red and yellow Lucain stopped by the volcano, looking up. He said nothing, but knew this would be a tough yet rewarding challenge.

The Warrior male came beside him and grinned softly. "Ah, this place will be quite a challenge to explore, indeed," he remarked, observing his surroundings carefully. Surely this would provide good training for the apparently soon war. "Are you excited, Kaghens? About this rumored war?" he demanded to the Appaloosa and Dingo Lucain.

The paw-scarred male didn't reply immediately. "It does not matter to me. I will fight if need to be." He looked down at his paw covered in cuts, then back ahead. "Simply, I wish for Scape not to be involved. As one of my first daughter and only one living at home."

Senervel nodded. "Hmm, yes, indeed. I wish for Dismas not to go out there and get injured in the process." He licked his paw, a huge smirk showing itself upon his features. "However I, wish for my skills to accompany me in the war."

"Are you two done babbling?" a somewhat small, unusual Berry male asked as he walked up behind the two Lucain. "We won't be going anywhere if you two won't stop chatting," he complained, walking up ahead.

The two canine looked at each other, but said nothing, figuring the feline may have been right. Either way, as a Pen leader, they were to follow his judgement.

They headed off, following the Kuhna Leader, their paws tingling with excitement at the idea to explore this scorching place.

[Coviell: 21, Senervel: 74, Marble: 42]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/15/2007 11:06 AM

[center]ImageImage
"I'm sssssscared.why'd we have to come here again?Kara was going to show me how to arrange that platter today..."The Plush Torken said for about the millionth time while they were coming."We're here so you can learn to get some backbone!"The Organic replied.Really,it seemed to Sia as if all those two could do was bicker.Okoto,a master debater,and Troplu,one of the whineiest pets she'd ever met,do not make a good match.

"We're here!"Sia yelled to break them up.They all looked up and saw the volcano."It's big."Was all Troplu said."Finally!"Okoto exclaimed."Come on!"He seemed rather anxious,he had been ever since he went to that shrine.He wanted to do some more exploring...

((Troplu:1 Sia:1 Okoto:33))
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/15/2007 11:06 AM

ImageImageImage
Galen-----Lennox-----Aeragorn

"Galen, why're we out here?  We should be in Wilt'no, guarding Alexa!" A young male Lucain pup spoke, trying to keep up with an older malamute and jacket fox Lucain.  Behind this Lucain pup was another, who was also trying to keep up.

"Lennox, I have told you a thousand times: you cannot protect your sister until you've trained some.  I mean, yes, Fleur is more experienced than I, but she ran away to go... Wait." Galen said, sniffing the air.  "I know that smell..." He said, his voice soft.

"Len, what's Galen so worried about?" The other pup asked.

"I dunno, Aeragorn.  Let's just follow him." Lennox said.  At last, after the trio had walked on for a bit, Galen saw what he had smelled before.  There, standing with another Lucain and a berry Kuhna, was a rather familiar-looking Lucain with Shadebane and Warrior markings, and a monocole.

"I recognize you!" He said as he reached earshot of the other party.  "Yeah, you with the monocle.  I met you in Lambastia.  Me and my two sisters, Fleur and Tasera, were gonna help you with some battle, I think..." He said, approaching Senervel.

The two pups just looked at each other, then back at their half-brother.

{1 x3, adding later}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 11:17 AM

Coviell stopped as he heard noises coming from nearby. He opened his powerful jaws, scenting the air shortly, for the heat was barely one of a soft summer day. He turned to Senervel, but once again, said nothing. He was, after all, rather quiet by nature.

The monocled Lucain turned around, to spot a small group of canines heading towards them. Two pups and one grown-up male. He narrowed his eyes. Malamute and... Jacket Fox. Wait... had he not seen this male somewhere else?

His thoughts were confirmed as the male, Galen, spoke up. "Ah, yes. Galen, are you not? I remember you. Vaguely," he responded.

Marble looked up to Senervel. "Fight? In Lambastia? So this battle was kind of post-poned, was it not?" the Berry male asked.

Senervel shrugged shortly. "Yes, I suppose. Sandford seemed to have controlled his constant urge to assassinate everything that moves," he commented. Turning to the two pups, he said, "Hello, there, little ones. Quite a scorching atmosphere, isn't it?" Two boys... He, too, had been waiting for a young and enthusiastic boy to join the Pen, but unfortunately, all boys from his past litters had been taken by his female's breeder. He wasn't saying he didn't like his daughters, two of them which were traded away, one boy that had been given to Ilana since he was the only one, and Dismas being the only one remaining. Go figure why she was so important to him.

"Would you three like to join us?" Marble asked the three male Lucain. He then looked over to the two Torkens and the Serraptor that seemed to be far away. "More...?"

[Coviell: 22, Senervel: 75 -- Level Up, Marble: 43]

[[Kelica... I beg you to put spaces after your dots, after your commas, and after your quotation marks. Actually, I ask you to please watch your writing. I'm very, very sensible when it comes to this... At least try, please.]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/15/2007 11:29 AM

Galen nodded.  "Aye, I am Galen.  I owe you my thanks, though, Senervel; for Fleur ran into that postponed battle of yours but a pup, and I was not allowed to go save her till I had grown." He said, sitting down across from the two full-grown Lucain.  Lennox and Aeragorn sat down in front of Galen, and he said, "These are my half-brothers, Lennox and Aeragorn."

Lennox looked up at Senervel.  "Yeah, the atmosphere's scorching all right, but Aeragorn and I have a sister in Wilt'no who we should be protecting... but Mother assures us she can take care of her." He said.  "I've always liked reading about battles, but Mother won't let me fight with her in the war."

"She's wise not to.  Think about your half-sister Tasera, and what Lambastia did to her gift.  Now 'tis a curse to her." Galen remarked.

Aeragorn pawed at the ground.  "It is really hot out here, sir.  But all the better for training, yes?" He said, and then turned around to the Torkens and Serraptor.

"..." Was the collective response of all three Lucain.

{2 x3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/15/2007 11:41 AM

((Sure, that's not normally something I do, but since you asked I will.))

"Hi!" Troplu said to the small group there. They appeared to be mostly Lucian, but there was on other pet. One that she'd never seen before. She looked back at the other two, they seemed to be catching up just fine. "Are we intruding on something?" Okoto asked the group. "If so, we're sorry. My friend Troplu here probably just thought there was more safety in numbers. May we join you?" He asked.

((Sia: 2 Troplu: 2 Okoto: 34))
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 11:50 AM

[[Well, that's how you're supposed to be typing on here... Anywhere on the Lands. :\ But thanks, though.]]

Senervel nodded. "Ah, yes. I remember her. Your young sister, is she not." He licked his chest fur briskly. "I'm somewhat glad the battle didn't actually occur. It would have been rather unfortunate for the young ones."

Marble turned to the two Torkens and the Glacial Serraptor while Senervel was busy speaking with the pups and Galen. "Sure, I don't see why not," he replied, his tails shifting.

Coviell was simply watching from afar, for he had started to move on ahead without them. He was growing tired of this chatter. He had come here to explore and develop his skills, not to chit-chat.

[Coviell: 23, Senervel: 76, Marble: 44]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/15/2007 1:45 PM

Galen nodded.  "I'm glad the battle didn't occur yet either.  My mother would have been devastated if any of us had fallen to misfortune, although Tasera's 'gift' could have prevented any of that... I think." He said.

"What battle are you talking about?" Lennox asked, clearly annoyed.

"Len, just let Galen talk about this with... er..." Aeragorn blinked and looked up at Senervel.  "What's your name, sir?" He asked, blinking his blue eyes.

{3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 1:54 PM

Senervel nodded. "Yes, indeed. It would have been much fortunate. Although, we cannot forget how many were harmed in the process," he said. Sandford and his 'allies' had indeed killed many innocent pets during the short period of time the battle had lasted.

When Aeragorn asked his name, he answered, "I'm called Senervel. I'm a... an acquaintance of your half-brother."

Marble looked over his shoulder. "Argh, Coviell has went on ahead!" he meowed before running off towards the Appaloosa and Dingo Lucain.

Coviell's ears twitched as he heard Marble approaching him, but he didn't turn around or spoke to his traveling companion.

Marble caught up to him quickly, now walking beside him. "Why are you going on ahead, Coviell?" he asked. "You seem... kind of either stressed or worried."

The Lucain said nothing and simply kept on walking...

[Coviell: 24, Senervel: 77, Marble: 45 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 09/15/2007 2:02 PM

[center]ImageImage
Adeyaka "Adey" Memiyara and Amy

"Mom, why are we here?" Amy asked as she trotted behind her mother.

"Because we need to train," Adeyaka replied matter-of-factly.

"But why here?" Amy asked, looking around. She really didn't like this climate all too much and she wasn't even training to work with Konoichi. She really wondered why she couldn't just go have fun like Cecilia.

"...Because I felt like it," Adeyaka replied, not turning around. She sniffed the air. In reality, she had gotten word a certain male was there and wanted to see if she could speak with him. Obligations had gotten in the way of their last meeting, but this time, she had no foreseeable obstacles. Perhaps she would get to spend some time with him... But, of course, she didn't tell any of this to her daughter. As far as she knew, they were there to train.

Amy paused. "Mom, is that Dad I smell?" she asked, sniffing the air again.

Adey felt her heart rate increase as she sniffed the air. Of course it was Amy's father. "Why, yes, it is."

"Let's go say hi!" Amy said, running off before Adeyaka could say anything. The older lucain sighed and followed her daughter.

((Heheh, poor Adey's not gonna concentrate too well, is she?))
So see the leaves fall to the ground,
And see them lying all around,
But still I can't see you.
And there's a wind that plays in the air
Flying around, how it does not care,
And the seasons pass away,
And I still sit here lonely each and every day,
Wondering what's gone wrong
'Cause I don't remember seasons lasting oh so long,
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 58
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/15/2007 2:04 PM

While the other two were content to sit around and chat, Okoto was not. Noticing the Kuhna and the yellow and red Lucian leaving, he followed unhesitantly until he caught up. He decided it was best not to talk, as the two seemed to be in conversation.

Sia and Troplu were content to just sit there and listen, occaisionally saying things, so they didn't notice Okoto leaving. "A battle?" Sia asked. "Where was this? I rarely like to miss out on those kinds of things." That was true, troplu thought, as Sia knew by heart just about every scuffle that ever happened in their own pen. She just figured Sia wasn't as attentive to the rest of the world.

((Troplu: 3 Sia: 3 Okoto: 35))
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/15/2007 2:30 PM

Galen turned to the Torken pair before he said, "It happened a while ago, but soon everyone--myself and sisters included--left for our better good at the time.  Fire, and our mother as well, wanted us to have a little more training before that kind of a spar." He said.

"Oh, hogwash!  I'm sure you and Fleur and Tas could beat whoever it was you were gonna fight!" Len said, and then, he turned his head.  Two more Lucain were coming; both with Feyline markings.

"Well, Senervel," Aeragorn said, "It's interesting that my half-brother has almost seen war.  What was it like?" He asked.

Galen sniffed the air again.  "Huh... if I didn't know better, I'd say that there are two more Lucain from that little 'meeting' in Lambastia about, Senervel." He said.

{4}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 2:36 PM

Senervel eventually stopped looking at the others. His mind seemed to be focused on something else. "Yes, I've noticed already, Galen," Senervel replied, knowing much too well who was coming this way.

Seeing as both Coviell and Marble had walked up ahead, he decided to maybe just go about following them. "Marble and Coviell are already ahead; I'd better hurry." He turned tails and walked off in direction of his two traveling companions.

Coviell still wouldn't answer any of Marble's questions.

"What's up with this eerie silence of yours? Why won't you answer?" Marble asked multiple times, but the Lucain still wouldn't answer.

Senervel caught up to them, but simply listened to the conversation instead of speaking up.

[Coviell: 25 -- Level Up, Senervel: 78, Marble: 46]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 09/15/2007 3:02 PM

Amy trotted over to Senervel, looking up at him admiringly. "Hey Dad," she said, her tails wagging.

Adeyaka came up behind her. "Senervel," she said, trying her best to sound surprised. "What a nice surprise to see you here."

Amy looked at Adey with a wry grin, sensing her mother's growing discomfort. Her parent's breeding had left Adey eager to help Senervel, though she knew her mother thought that Senervel wouldn't ever want to see her again. But perhaps he did...
So see the leaves fall to the ground,
And see them lying all around,
And there's a wind that plays in the air
Flying around, how it does not care,
And the seasons pass away,
And I still sit here lonely each and every day,
Wondering what's gone wrong
'Cause I don't remember seasons lasting oh so long,
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 58
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2007 10:14 AM

Galen nodded to the two new arrivals and began walking along as well, beckoning for Lennox and Aeragorn to come along with him.  "Well, this is quite a surprise indeed.  I was not expecting to see any of you after my sisters and I left Lambastia." Galen remarked quietly.  Turning to Len and Aeragorn, he said with his eyes, Watch your manners.  The two male pups nodded and followed along silently.

"Len, if Mother's fighting in the war with Ryen and Ashilata, why d'you suppose Galen brought us out here?" Aeragorn asked, his twin tails wagging as he walked.

"Simple, Aeragorn.  We're supposed to protect Alexa, and how can we do that if we don't train to fight to protect her?" Len said, holding his head high and following after his half-brother.

{5--Level-ups for all}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next