As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

C'mon, not much further now. ((Open))

Postby Jenso » 07/20/2008 9:43 AM

Solomon Quinn & Tarmagik Rayvez

The ribbons twining around Solomon's form darted forward with each footfall, providing heat-resistant steps for the Shielupe's mitts. The cool, glassy staircase poured up the mountainside like a most elegant snake and his snout directed up the incline, twitching curiously. Where had Tarmagik disappeared to now? He flicked an ear, somewhat worried but unable to start searching; it took a lot of concentration to keep his ribbons catching his footsteps and it wouldn't be very practical to distract himself.
"Tarry!" He called, smooth, deep voice ringing out across the living stones; the ground beneath him was awake, patches of rock bubbling with gluey lava. It was not long before his call was answered and over one of the piles of stone, the Kodile rose.

Small, snowy wings beat hard to keep the overheating critter away from the hot earth, big blue eyes inspecting the bubbling red glop stirring beneath the broken rocks. Tarry! Oops, where was Solomon? He beat his wings harder, rising up above the stones until his friend came into view.

"Solomon!" Tarmagik called, alerting the concerned Shielupe to his presence. He collected up his energy and surged forward through the hot, heavy air.
A disc of ribbon spiraled up beside Solomon and Tarmagik settled on it for a moment.

"Why are we here, again?"
"I want to see the top of the Volcano: It's interesting, Tarry." Solomon insisted, a little put out by his companion's lack of interest.
"It's hot, actually." Tarmagik corrected, clinging to the edges of the ribbon-cart with his tail curled up.
"Well, you're the one using all your energy investigating; you can't find the volcano all that boring. I'll try to keep that disc cool if you like and you can stay there until you've got your energy back." Tarmagik felt a rush of cool air envelop him, the disc suddenly chilled like glass.
"Thanks, Sole." He muttered, curling up and resting.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Firejay » 07/20/2008 10:00 AM

ImageImage

"Let's go down."

A canine muzzle turned to his companion, lagging behind. His eyes gleamed with a mixture of amusement and concern. His big ear twitched, but he only heaved himself up onto another ledge and then offered his tail down to her. "A little farther, Issy. You can take it." His voice was distinctly amused at her plight. The Snowball grabbed his tail rather harder than strictly necessary as she climbed up beside him. She looked like she was melting, but he fared no better; sweat dripped from clumps of fur and his belly sagged because he'd lost the energy to walk and keep good posture at the same time.

"I can't take it," she griped.

"Don't be a baby, Issy. Come on, a little farther."

"No. Absolutely not."

"Fine, you go back down." The Common Sahound continued up the volcano, determined to reach the top despite his fatigue. After a long moment of hesitation, Istas bounded up to him and clambered onto his back. Ramen groaned. "
Istas! I can't carry you!"

Istas only grumbled in reply. It wasn't her fault Ramen had wanted to bring a Snowball to a Volcano!
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

The Model T only has two speeds; 'quite fast' and 'really very fast'.[/align]
Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 203
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/20/2008 10:37 AM

"What was that?" Solomon asked, turning his nose to nudge Tarmagik urgently. "Did you hear it, Tarry?" He inquired, turning his head forward again and letting his audits twist and stretch forward.
"W- He- Hear what?" Tarmagik mumbled, roused from a pleasant dream of freezing snowdrifts. "WHOA!"
Tarmagik yelped, wings working overtime to recover as Solomon lost his concentration and dropped the cool platform.
"Sorry!" Sole called back, dancing off ahead. Instead of creating patches of ribbon for each step he sent the strips off ahead of him and leaped from one platform to the next, even as it twisted beneath his feet. Someone was up ahead, he was sure of it!
Tarmagik sighed; Sole was too friendly for his own good, sometimes. He was already beginning to drip from the heat and energy output when he finally gained enough momentum to continue forward. His bright eyes scanned up ahead until he saw the strangers.

"Hold up, Soley! I can see them!" He snapped, a little irritated at the lack of response. "SOLEY!" The Shielupe halted, the churning image of the platform freezing as he span to face his little friend.
"What?" He barked, waiting for Tarry to catch up. "What is it?"
"I can see them." He panted, perching on the edge of the platform.
"Well?" Sole demanded impatiently.
"Common Sahound and a Snowball."
"Right then." He nodded decisively and turned, bouncing off up the hillside again and leaving the little cry of shock behind him as Tarmagik fell and hit the hot ground.
"A LITTLE WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!" He snapped, launching up into the air again quickly. His friend had a good heart but was a little boisterous.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Firejay » 07/20/2008 12:15 PM

"Stop jostling me! I know you're doing it on purpose!"

Ramen grunted, the paws of his Snowball friend braced against his brow from behind and shoving his fur into his eyes. Her hindpaws shifted back and forth on his shoulder blades as she tried to stay balanced. "If you don't like it, get the heck off of me and walk on your own!" he growled.

Istas sniffed, offended by the very notion. Ramen shook himself quite thoroughly, almost knocking her off. At a cry of protest (a spring of lava had sprung up alarmingly close to Ramen) from her, he turned again. "I'm really sorry, Istas. I don't mean to be grouchy. Forgive me?" He was honestly contrite, a far cry from the fury of five seconds previous.

"This time," she agreed reluctantly, though both knew that Istas would always forgive him when he asked. Ramen grinned, wagging his tail, and then stopped.

"Do you hear that? Those voices? I thought we'd be the only ones here..." With the Snowball precariously perched on his back, growling at the lava that he had to leap over, Ramen set off to find the source of the voices.

"I don't hear anything," Istas complained.

{I&R2}
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/20/2008 1:51 PM

Paranoia(Human form)

Redemption

A young woman walked up the side of the volcano, wincing slightly. Her emerald green eyes staring at the lava that sometimes bubbled up, her hair was cut to her shoutlerblades, and surprisingly...colorful....The main color was a dark blue, with small straks of red and black running through it. she ran a tanned hand through her fringe, her sweater tied around her waist, so she was wearing her tee and a pair of jeans, for some reason, along with a pair of walking boots.

The large paragon that travled beside her flicked its large, black head arrogantly. the woman let off a long, heavy sigh, sweat beading on her forehead and beginning to form on her arms. The paragon flicked its long, slender tail, the flame on the end letting embers flick up. its sharp, red eyes stared upwards, its crystal-like wings chinked and clinked as she folded them down and spread them out a few times. The Paragon spoke quietly, its voice surprisingly feminine. "Get on my back Paranoia." she sighed. "It would be easier on you and me." The woman shrugged, her voice seemed to have a smirk itself. "Whatever ya say, Reddi." As she clambered onto her back.

The Paragon rolled its eyes quietly. "Its Redemption, not 'Reddi.'" Paranoia grinned. "Well, It is now!" Redemption rolled her eyes again and spread her great, crystaline wings and took flight, looking downward and landing near two pets, a snowball and a common sahound. Paranoia dismounted the Paragon, stroked her neck and her chaos-marked bod with a smile.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/20/2008 3:04 PM

Soloman had slowed down and returned to the paw-sized patches, as well as recreating the disc of cold air for Tarmagik.
"Are we nearly there?" Soloman asked, letting the disc rise into the sky.  He would have lifted himself but it was enough effort just to lift the little Kodile in this heat.
"Uhh, nearly... I think. There's a Paragon and a woman there too, now." Tarry replied warily, squinting through the heat waves. Solomon grinned, panting happily, and sped up. The disc shot back down towards the ground and Tarmagik gripped the edge with a horrified expression on his face. "Soley! Please!" He yelled, he himself panting from the shock.
"Sorry Taz, I'm just excited!" His stump of a tail was a blur behind him as he darted up the last of the incline and the duo came into his own view. He halted, lifted his snout and loosed a howl of greeting before walking calmly towards them. Tarry launched from the platform into the heat, beating his wings furiously for a moment until he was on a good air current. It was easier to find a good current at this height, he realised. He shot off ahead, spiraling through the air to greet them.
"I'm Tarmagik and this..." He paused, waiting for Solomon to catch up. The Shielupe padded up happily, nodding his head respectfully. "This, is Solomon Quinn."
"Pleased to meet you!" Soley added, genuinely ecstatic. He could barely keep himself from bouncing around like a mad-thing.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Firejay » 07/20/2008 3:22 PM

Though Ramen's steps were slow, tired, he nonetheless had to stop short when a Paragon and a female human rider landed before them.

"These are the voices you heard?" Istas growled, gripping his fur so tightly that he winced.

"No," Ramen responded as he bowed politely. "I didn't hear these two... How do you do?" he added. He tried to stand straight and tall, but he was hot and tired and found himself sagging after only a few seconds. He had to keep shifting his weight because his pads started to burn otherwise. A howl echoed in his ears and Ramen turned his head. Even Istas had heard this, but she couldn't bother herself to gather any more energy.

"A Kodile!" growled the Snowball, gripping Ramen's fur even more tightly. "What is a Kodile doing here?"

"Glass houses," Ramen reminded her. To the Shielupe and Kodile, he said, "I'm Ramen. This is Istas."
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby bigglesness » 07/20/2008 3:38 PM

Blaze Fenling

Coe

A mouse was right in front of her, in her claws one juicy mouse for lunch and then... She woke up from a creature near by talking. She flicked her large ears once or twice, stood up and stretched. She padded slowly towards the commotion, letting the rock warm her paws. She loved the heat. She was thinking as if she walked if it was a samll animal she could have breakfast. But as she poked her head out from behind a rock, she noticed it was a big group of animals, and a woman. What was even worse was that one of them was a sheilupe, she glanced absent mindly at the scar on her leg from her last encounter with a sheilupe. It wasn't a pretty memory. She flicked it out of her head and continued to look at the animals.
bigglesness
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/20/2008 4:51 PM

Paranioa sighed slightly and leaned against Redemption who craned her neck and nuzzled Paranioa's hair, Paranoia growled. "I wish you wouldn't." Redemption's head then jerked back up, her pinprick eyes looking away innocently and her head was tilted slightly. Paranoia looked at the pets, Paranoia actually dwarfed her. Paranoia mumbled something and then sighed. "I'm Paranoia and this is Redemption." She looked at Solomon and smriked. "Incase you didn't know, I'm a Lucain." She smirked slightly and ran another hand through her hair, beginning to sweat more. It was too hot here! It was alright for Redemption, but she swore that unluess she moved her feet, her soles would melt and stick to the floor. And plus, what was a Kodile and a Snowball doing here, anyway?

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/21/2008 11:30 AM

Most of Solomon's friends would have been the type to take the comment and that smirk and twist it into the actions of some stuck-up, posh snob trying to rub her heritage in Solomon's face but Solomon was not like his friends. Too happy and innocent to care, he nodded happily and then turned his attention to Tarmagik.
"Says the Snowball." Tarry was not pleased with this creature's tone of voice. He frowned as Solomon caught him up in his ribbons and pulled him closer.
"Be friendly, Tazzamajee." He muttered, much to Tarmagik's disapproval.
"Don't call me that. Ever again."
"Sorry Tazzama- Tarry." Solomon released him and was about to turn back to the gathering when- "Hey, what's that!" He darted off in another direction, towards the not-quite-perfectly-camouflaged Fenling. His ribbons darted underneath him in a hurry, barely catching him before he hit the steaming earth. This part of the mountainside was grassier, with clouds of steam rolling down and leaving warm dew on the rich, dark green carpet. He pounced onto the rock, peering over the other side in search of the little guy.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Firejay » 07/21/2008 2:08 PM

"Have you got a problem with that?" Istas challenged grumpily, clambering onto Ramen's head (he grunted and did his best to keep from dumping Istas onto the hot rock, to little avail). Quickly, she scrambled onto his neck and shoulders, but glared at the Kodile. "Tazzamajee! What sort of name is that?" she added, a malicious sort of amusement loaded into her voice.

"Issy, be nice," Ramen sighed, pulling his ears out of her strong grasp. He glanced apologetically at the Paragon and Lucian and turned in an attempt to converse with them. "Paranoia and Redemption. Unusual names if you don't mind my saying."

"Hey!" Istas grabbed his ears and used them as reigns to turn him back toward the Kodile. "I wasn't finished with him yet!" Ramen's tail lashed in annoyance, but he tolerated her manhandling.
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby bigglesness » 07/21/2008 2:15 PM

She sighed, letting her breathing rate calm down. She was frightened, as soon as she saw that sheilupe approaching her, she ran. She ran into the nearest crevice, she pushed herself as far back as possible, but to no avail. Her stubby black nose stuck out at the end. But she thought if they kept still they would mistake it for a pebble. She closed her eyes, waiting. Listening. She couldn't hear the padding of the sheilupe's paws yet, but she knew it would come, eventually.
bigglesness
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/21/2008 2:28 PM

Redemption flicked her tail lightly and Paranoia shrugged with a smirk. "I'm not Paranoid." She slowly leant forward slightly. "I cause Paranoia." A sharp row of canines were flashed and Redemptions feminine voice whispered. "I guess I'm just looking for my Redemption." Her tail flicked close to the Snowball and Paranoia smirked. "My partner in crime, this girl is." She tapped Redemption's neck lovingly. Her head flicked to the side, seeing a Fenling running and she felt a hunt-lust filled bark emit from her jaws, of wich were lengthening and she was running, now on all fours, in her lucain form, her shadebane markings barley noticable against the dark pelt, while the dweller markings seemed to shine. Her emerald green eyes glinting and she ran past the fenling. Eventually scenting the air, trying to find the scent again.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firejay » 07/22/2008 10:09 AM

((Hooray for a teacher who doesn't give a rip. =D -is at school-
I'll edit in relevant text colors at home; can't be bothered to do them properly now. ))

"Istas, argue any time," Ramen complained, his voice hitching into a whine of the most annoying sort; one made by a child, bored out of their wits and wanting to do something, anything, but whatever the current activity is. "I want to go watch the huuuunt!"

"No. Stop being whiny," Istas replied, grouchy as always.

"I'll whine if I want to whine!" Ramen proclaimed, "And I'll watch the hunt if I want, too!" He nodded hastily to the Paragon, dimly registering that it would be unwise to anger her, but then bounded after Paranoia and Solomon. Istas yelled her protests, tugging hard on his ears to make him turn. For once, Ramen paid no heed. He was already rushing past Redemption, eager to see - and perhaps join - the hunt. But he rather thought not. Istas would be too annoyed if he tried to join the fun, and when Istas got annoyed no one was happy.

{I&R5}
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/22/2008 2:41 PM

Paranoia continued to sniff about, confused about the loss of the scent. She shurgged lightly and turned back to Redemption whom was thumping her flaming tail against the grass, scorching it slightly. Her sharp, red eyes stared at Paranoia. "Akkia wants us soon, she apparently seems to be having trouble with Rex." Paranoia flicked her ear slightly. "Rexus? That lil cutie? what trouble could he possibly be causing?!" Paranoia stared at Redemption, wondering how she got the message, and then she remebered, Akkia told them this stuff before they left. "Try trying to eat her." Redemption said simply.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer