As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Of Fire Blockades and Perhaps Medicai...(Open to one more)

Postby miragedtheory » 08/08/2008 4:58 PM

Eruin was glad to be rid of the group at that moment, hooves deftly echoing against the heated walls spewing magma to the grounds far below him.  He had to admit this path was rather abhorred, why would anyone decide to venture so willingly into the heated environment if they could choose a more arid path?  Ha, hadn't he done just that?  Stupid thinking then, he thought, chuckling slightly out loud as he continued on his way.  The pops of festering molted rock bubbles did nothing to set the Cavallion off course as he continued at a walking gait knowing all too well that soon the others would catch up and a festive 'howdy do!' party would begin and ruin his day.  Too bad, he really liked the environmentally disturbed silence he was experiencing.

Niru whimpered only slightly, having the thickest of coats among the others he was feeling the heat the most and didn't like it one bit.  Not to say that he would ever show his discomfort, but compared to Blaz he was freaking out.  The metallic Hollowheart swayed in time to her stride and never allowed an inkling of disturbance pose in her gait as she flashed a wayward glance Niru's way.  She knew too well that the Sahound had found himself in quite a predicament, having followed his master's commands he was now in a spiced arena in search of another who surely didn't want to be found and burning up faster than any other around.  She paused, waiting not only for their new found acquaintances but also giving a swirl of her long winged limb over Niru to cool him a little.  He sighed, the feeling of a startled wind curling over his thick pelt as his tongue ravaged his maw, now he was a slight bit cooler than before.  

Thank you.

The only words he managed as she continued to fan the small Sahound eagerly.
<center>ImageImage<br>Sanctity & Sacrilege</br></center>
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 42
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/08/2008 5:18 PM

When Tyrant and Hania arrived in the Nori Volcano, they felt a wave of hot air hit them.

Ahhh. Doesn't this feel great Hania? Nothing like a nice volcanic heat to calm you down.

Quit playing around Tyrant. We came to catch up with Blaz.

That's when she saw them. Not too far ahead. It looked like Niru was beginning to feel the volcanic heat, because Blaz was fanning him as they moved along. Hania then looked at Eru; he still looked as cool as ever.

C'mon Tyrant. I can see them up ahead.However, before she could move, the image of a frightened Sahound popped into her head. Wait. Before we get any closer, I want you to promise not to do anything to scare Niru. Okay.

Fine. I have no reason to scare him. I just want to enjoy being here. As long as he doesn't ruin that, we can be the best of friends.

Yeah, I doubt that.

When Tyrant and Hania finally caught up with them, she asked Blaz the question she had been wondering since they came to the Volcano.

So, Blaz, what are going to do next?
<center>ImageImage<br>Dreamsnare Hollowheart</br> Hania, the Dreamsnare Hallowheart</center>
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 18
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/08/2008 5:36 PM

Hania's voice soon caught Blaz's attention as she whirled in place and faced the two others, surely Eru continued on his way even though he was quite a distance ahead.  She wondered exactly what they would do next, really, Blaz had no clue...they were in a volcano which was not the ideal place for a Hollowheart such as herself and Hania in her opinion, and Eru was being his haughty self again.  She passed a quick glare wayward of the supposed 'valiant steed' up the path before returning her sights to the two now in her gathering.  Passing through the Volcano as quick as possible wasn't what her master intended surely, this was a time to explore and gain trust in the balance of comradeship which Eru was so boldly disincluding himself in.  Niru huffed, making himself known almost instantaneously as he hopped from his perch and settled before the three larger creatures.  

I say we get out of this heat pit...I for one don't like it here, so I pro-

No, I say we see what this place is all about.  

The deeper, more prideful baritones of Eru echoed to the group as he decided to join them of his own accord. The heat blasted against his nape setting the long curled strands of his mane to flutter about him almost naming him some god-like stallion which everyone knew he was not.  Blaz shirked, hiding the snide comments she wanted to blast upon the Cavallion as she settled back with the other two equal to her size.  Niru was quick to join the three, looking frustrated as he stared down Eru who was beginning to look a little stunned by their reaction.

What?
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/08/2008 6:06 PM

Hania let out a small laugh at the actions of the other group. They were close, exept for Eru perhaps, this she knew. She wished she and Tyrant could be as close, but Tyrant had already shown his desire to not gow closer.

When Blaz had suggested that they explore more, she wondered where they might go. Then, Tyrant spoke up.

You know, we could go find find a Magma Creeper and pummel it. Of course, if you rather not, I know a...scenic route to a portal leading to Medicai City. At that moment a smile appeared across Tyrant's face. It wasn't a joyful one, but it wasn't the same evil one from before. This one just seemed devious, as if he had a game planned. It's your choice, unless you guys have a better idea.

Hania stared. Tyrant had promised not to scar Niru, but from his smile, he had something planned. She knew that one of his options involved somethiing dangerous; but which one. She wanted to hear Blaz's opinion on this matter. Blaz seemed to be able to read a motive. Hania knew Blaz would come up with the right choice.
<center>ImageImage<br>Dreamsnare Hollowheart</br> Hania, the Dreamsnare Hallowheart</center>
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/08/2008 9:36 PM

The Cavallion looked to the Battleheart, widened stallion eyes trying to work out just what this dragons plans intended.  Blaz felt the same, looking over Tyrant and knowing now from his most recent actions that he was one to make some strange and perhaps frightening decisions, one to put them in harsh situations.  Not that this bothered any of them, particularly Niru, he enjoyed the chance of new things as long as it involved anything away from heat.  Hearing about the Magma Creeper was the farthest of this for him and so entitled his pessimistic response post haste.

Let us see this 'scenic route'.  I'd rather chance something like that than deal with something that lives in fire.

He knew Tyrant was one who enjoyed the heat, it was easy to figure, but a Magma Creeper just sounded worse.  Eru and Blaz looked down to the smaller Sahound surprised by his sudden jump in dictatorship even though he was so small.  Before it was decisions spoken by him, not decisions made by him.  Either way they were as curious to this scenic route as he was and were quick to nod in agreement.  

Tyrant, you lead the way.

Blaz spread her wings as a go ahead, certain that he would most likely take to the air, Niru quickly scrambling back to waited position on her back as Eru prepared to either run or perhaps use his own means of travel.
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/08/2008 10:54 PM

Hania was just as shocked as Blaz and Eru were at Niru's quick decision to take Tyrant's 'scenic route'.

Okay then. First off, no flying. I mean it is a scenic route, right? Flying would take away from the beauty. Besides, who knows, walking could be quite a blast.

Something was strange. Tyrant was too happy. Hania gave him a curious look.

Don't you guys worry. No one will die on this route. Of course, you will die if you go into the magma. But that's besides the point, and we're wasting time. So, what do you say we go now?

With that, they were off. Walking on the hardened magma that was noe the path for the volcano. However, there was something that bothered Hania the most: the route was actually scenic. They walked past a mysterious magma statue that reshaped itself to look like those that passed by. It would copy any position they took. they spent a while playing with the statue. Afterwards, Tyrant led them through a tunnel. At first, it was nothing special, but then the top of the tunnel disappeared and magma appeared. However, this magma wasn't falling on them. Instead, it was like one of those human aquariums. We could see different 'fish' swimming around the magma. There were some that would change color, some that looked as if they had wings, and there wwas even one that looked a giant Carpetfang except with fins.

Everything was going great. Then, Tyrant stopped in the middle of his walk. They were now in a large room on an elevated path. Around the elevated path were deep trenches, and above those trenches were holes. Hania was getting a bad feeling about this room.

Well then, we have finally come to the main attraction. This room was designed by Battlehearts long ago. Nice, don't you think. You see, I may've had an ulterior motive for taking route. You see, there's supposed to be vial up ahead that I really want.

That's when Tyrant began to walk towards the doorway on the other side. Then, the doorway behind them closed up.

What's going on Tyrant!

Oh, yes. This room is a trap room. It locks any non-Battlehearts in the room. Now, if you don't mind, I must hurry now.

With that, Tyrant used his Pyro attack to make a wall flames between him and the others.

Now, don't worry. It takes about, about ten minutes for the magma to reach up to this point. By that time, I should be back. So, just sit tight my friends.

With that, Tyrant disappeared behind the doorway and it closed behind him. Then, to make matters worse, magma began to flow in through the holes.

OH NO! What now!? We're locked in.

Hania was growing panicked. There was no way out. Then, a ray of hope spoke.

IF YOU WISH TO LEAVE, THEN YOU MUST ANSWER THE QUESTION! ANSWER CORRECTLY AND THE DOORWAYS WILL OPEN. ANSWER INCORRECTLY, AND THE MAGMA WILL DESTROY. YOU HAVE BUT ONE OPPURTUNITY TO ANSWER. HERE IS THE QUESTION

WHAT RACE IS SUPERIOR TO ALL THE OTHERS?

This was insane. How were they supposed to answer this question. There were way to many races to know which one was superior. Hania looked at over at Blaz, Niru, and Eru. Hania was hoping that one of them knew the answer.
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/09/2008 9:33 AM

Traveling through the various beauties of the volcano set the group to wonder just what Tyrant was up to, Blaz the most knowing that Battlehearts weren't always forthcoming.  Walking closest behind Hania she felt at ease knowing that Eruin was just beside her and Niru was astride her, this made things quite easy.  As they entered the big room, however, she knew then just what Tyrant was up to.  As the magma began its trail toward them all and Tyrant made his exit she spread her wings to full width in guarding the others as Niru jumped down.  He was one to figure things out quickly, thankfully, looking about as the question was asked he began to concoct an answer.  He thought long and hard, to what seemed like forever to Eruin and Blaz until he strode forward noting his answer.  He looked to Hania, a calm look to his features.

This place was built by Battlehearts, if so then the answer would be simple.

He then turned his facade back to the stone walls and pressed his plush chest forward.

The Superior species to all others would be the Battlehearts, for here they would hold our fate in their hands...

Then he stepped back, hoping desperately that his answer was correct...he would have said human, but if that were true wouldn't they hold powers like they themselves did?
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/09/2008 11:26 AM

When Niru gave his answer, there was a wait. Nothing was happening, and the magma was continuing to rise, closer and closer to the elevated path that they sat upon. Then, all at once, the magma stopped flowing and the doorways opened up. Hania didn't need to wait another second. They dashed for the doorway that Tyrant had disappeared through. It was then that Hania felt an emotion she hadn't experienced before.Anger. Hania was furious, and she was sure that Niru and the others were just as angry. She knew just what she would do when they caught up with Tyrant. He would wish that he was never born. However, what they came across made Hania stop in her tracks and forget her anger.

They were in a large dome-shaped room. There were statues of Battlehearts all around them. Then, in the middle of the room was pedestal, with a very cliched ray of light shining on it.

About time you guys showed up. If you weren''t here in another minute I was going to have to go get you guys.

That voice. Hania looked up to see Tyrant flying above the pedestal. The moment she saw him, all of her anger came shooting back to her.

You left us for dead Tyrant! FOR THAT, YOU'RE GOING TO PAY! Hania opened up her wings ready to take flight.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. That statement made Hania hesitate for a moment. But only for a moment. She dashed at Tyant, but then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw why Tyrant had warned her. One of the many statues shot fire in Hania's direction. Luckily, she doded it. She then landed back near Niru and the others.

Told you. Also, I didn't leave you for dead. I told you the answer to the question, didn't I. I did tell you that this place was built by the Battlehearts. Besides, like I said, I wasn't going to let you die. I was going to come get you. Now, I nned you guys to wait for a moment, kay. I've been trying to disable this trap for you guys since I got here.

Hania wasn't ready to believe Tyrant. Her anger was still rising. All she could think about was hurting Tyrant. That's all she wanted. Then, Tyrant began to speak. It wasn't any speech she had heard before. Hania could only assume that it was the Battleheart language. It was to foreign for Hania to understand

Ga nrf jyat dy qua dek wo.

At that moment, the statues began to turn around and face the walls. Then, just as suddenly, Tyrant landed down next to the pedestal and grabbed what was on it.

There. Okay, now I promise that there won't be any more funny business. The portal isn't too far away now.

It was gone now. Hania's amazement was gone.Her anger had resurfaced. She was ready to pounce on Tyrant.
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/09/2008 12:17 PM

Niru felt a sense of accomplishment in finding the right answer, soon leading Eru and Blaz in following Hania to the room where surely Tyrant was waiting.  They all felt an equal sense of anger, yet in a way as he took the traps from the scene without simply leaving them once more they were more relieved that they could go on now without being endangered as they were before.  Hania showed her frustration quite plainly but it was well done and over with, Tyrant was on his way and now they knew only to trust him as far as they could throw him.  Blaz strolled forward, plucking Niru to her shoulders before flying toward Hania and gently grazing her with a touch of her wing, Eru below trotting at his own pace in following.

Let it go, if he wants to be a wayward soul of his own accord let him be, just be prepared for anything else he might not mention, that's all you can hope for right now.

Her words were reassuring, at least she hoped.  Niru settled down upon the spines of Blaz as he knew that anything further would hopefully only get better yet he would be prepared for anything as Blaz said.  Eru only chuckled, she was stating one of the first rules that their master had intended and knew better than to trust anyone beyond comrades unless their honor is well proven of him.  
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/09/2008 12:50 PM

Blaz's words were reasuring. Hania decided to follow Blaz's advice and she calmed down. Hania respected Blaz even more than before. As Tyrant led them on their way, Hania continued to ponder about Blaz. How did she always remain so calm. she always had this aura that made you know she fierce, but she always acted warmly. To Hania, Blaz was an idol; the ideal Hallowheart. Able to solve countless conflicts, yet keep the Hallowhearts' pacifist oath.

The group continued to follow Tyrant, but with they're guard up even more than  before. This time they were waiting for his next move. Then, Tyrant stopped. Hania stood ready; ready to face what it was that Tyrant had planned. Hania could see the others, they too looked ready. Then, a smell entered Hania's nostrils: it was a burning smell, almost as if flesh was burning. Hania looked over at Tyrant, ready to pounce if he even flinched. However, instead, a look she had never seen before crossed his face: Fear.

This is bad. They shouldn't be in this area. This is very bad.

What's bad. What's going on. If this is another one of your tricks, I swear I will- Hania stopped. She knew that Blaz would never to do this. Blaz was too calm headed. Hania was disappointed in herself for letting her anger get to her again.

Whether you trust me not, you need to get out of here now. With that Tyrant ran over to Hania and gave her the vial he had almost sacrificed their lives (excluding his) for.

What's this?

It's an embarassment to Battlehearts to have their blood drawn. So, I decided to come here and grab that vial of Battleheart blood. That area was designed for Battlehearts in such a circumstance. Then, Tyrant's head jerked around. They're here. You guys have to go. Now!

Hania and the others looked in the direction Tyrant had looked. That's when they saw what Tyrant had been so frightened of and what had made that burning smell: Magma Creepers. They used to be tame, but thay began to get out of control and they weren't allowed to be adopted anymore. It seems that after that, they made they're living here.

Under normal circumstances, Magama Creepers can be easy to beat, especially with two Hallowhearts, a Battleheart, Cavallion, and a Sahound. However, if a battlion of Magma Creepers come, there's only one option you do have: Run. Which is precisely what they did; all of them except for Tyrant.

Tyrant! What are you doing! Run!

If we all run, they'll just keep coming after us. I'll fight them and draw their attention away. You guys need to run.

Hania was confused. Why would Tyrant risk his life to protect them? Tyrant had done nothing but put them in danger? Why now, of all times?

As they got further and further away, they battle cries of Tyrant got fainter and fainter, until they could be heard no more. Would Tyrant catch up? If not, what whould Shini think of Hania for leaving Tyrant alone. Of course, there was one other question that popped into Hania's head: Without Tyrant, how are they going to find they're way out of this place?
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/09/2008 1:52 PM

Blaz watched as the tone in the area turned from calmed perfection to chaotic fear, the distant decaying smell of the Magma Creepers approaching burning her senses as Tyrant told them to go.  They didn't think twice then, as Hania retreated she felt this was where she was urgently needed, to keep Hania level headed and not distracted of that which she needed to do.  Eruin was at his height of speed as Niru and Blaz flew above, looking to them he suddenly realized...why were they running?  Sure, there was only 5 of them but little was known of each individual power.  He had one that was powerful enough to fight alongside the Battleheart, oddly enough he hadn't thought of it until then, and the Hollowhearts were perfect winged triton's due to wreak havoc from the air.  Sure, Niru was small but he had one powerful battle trait that set even the strongest beasts fleeing.  Sliding to a halt Eru turned in his midst and flew into that of the dust cloud remaining in his halt where he vanished instantaneously in the dark cloud appearing just as quickly doubled in size taking flight, another Battleheart of Void colorations roaring to the wind in echo to that which was already battling.  Snout turned only a moment to his comrades.

Come!  We are enough, battle is upon us and not one will be left behind!!

With that he turned the next corner and was out of sight.  Soon Blaz nodded, shifting from her path hoping that Hania would follow to save her own comrade even if he was hard headed.  Following closely she met beside Eru and allowed Niru to leap from his perch and take grounds on solid earth.  The pair airborne soon took to those creatures tormenting Tyrant using jaws and claws to rip them from him, all the while the smallest of all opened a wayward jaw and emitted a frightful sound from his throat.  A melancholy cry that seemed to justify the most pitiful deaths ever heard roared through the atmosphere, a sound that was sure to unsettle even the heartiest of monsters.  He continued his onslaught of cries as the Battleheart and Hollowheart aided Tyrant in a battle they knew they would fight to the bitter end if need be.  
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/09/2008 2:28 PM

It wasn't long until Hania noticed that the others had turned back to aid Tyrant in his battle against the battlion of Magma Creepers. How could they go help him after all he had put them through. Then, it hit her: it because whether they liked it or not, he was a comrade. No matter what he did before, he had made the choice to sacrifice himself for others.

When Hania had finally arrived, she saw all the others battling their hearts out. It seemed that Eru had turned into a Battleheart, Blaz was fighting valiantly from the air, and Niru, despite his size, was dominating his oppenents. Then, there was Tyrant. He was left alone for a short time, but already he was fatigued. Hania saw two Magma Creepers appear behind Tyrant They were in the right position to atack. However, before they could, Hania dove down and stuck out her wings and struck both of them down.

Hania. I'm shocked. You fought back. Tyrant tried to sound tough, but the fatigue could heard in his voice.

Tyrant, listen, you need to fall back. You're getting tired.

Haha. Please Hania, give me some credit. If there's one thing Battleearts can due, it's take a hit. If any of you guys need to rest, let me and this Battleheart wannabe know. We have an ability that gives us an extra boost on endurance.

The battle continued to rage on. Tyrant and Eru, in his Battleheart shape, were the hard hitters of the group. Niru was hitting his targets. Out all of them, Niru seemed to avoid the Magma Creepers most. Hania and Blaz continued their aerial attacks. However, despite all their valiant effort, there seemed to be no end to the Magma Creepers. The group destroyed one Magma Creeper after another, but more showed up.

It wasn't long until fatigue caught up with them. It was getting hard for Hania to remain in the air. Even Tyrant and Eru, with their extra endurance seemed to weary. They needed a way out of this. But how?
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/09/2008 2:49 PM

The group continued to fight valiantly, but as time swept on and the onslaught of continuous Creepers seemed to be never ending.  Eru felt the weariness build of him in this form and knew not long would he be able to hold this form.  Niru's voice had grown hoarse and Blaz seemed to be evading more than attacking now staying closer to the height of things to access what was left.  They grew fearful of a quick demise as Eru returned to Niru's side soon trading form for his Cavallion state.  Blaz was close behind, keeping well enough away from themselves as they huddled close.  Things seemed slim until the barrage of hot creatures was paused and interrupted by the sound of crushing rock.  Boulders pummeled the long line of Creepers heading to the fray blocking them momentarily as a hole was made above them leading more through the volcano perhaps to the portal they were seeking.  A large figure appeared in the hole, his boisterous call echoing louder than the sound of falling stones as he dropped upon the remaining Creepers advancing upon Tyrant and Hania.  The debris filling the air made it near impossible for the anyone to see except Melgalore as he gripped the Battleheart first and threw him to the hole as his exit would be first, then following through with the Hollowheart.  Next he took on Blaz easily sending her wayward of the tunnel before plucking Eru and Niru in his talons and retreating behind the other dragons.  Looking upon them the Tarnished Garagnir gave no time to wait around as he was large enough to send them forward with one vicious push.

Go!  They won't be held back for long!!!  

He roared, thrusting Eruin and Niru to his spined back before setting himself in motion leading the entire group now back through the tunnel.
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/09/2008 3:14 PM

After the Tarnished Garagnir appeared, Hania felt like hoperising up. She knew that if there was one thing that could hold up better than a Battleheart was a Garagnir; and a Tarnish one was even better.

Once they were back in the tunnel, they began to make their way through it; not running, bit not walking either.

You know what, you three sure do have some interesting friends. If I knew you had a Tarnished Garagnir as friend, I wouldn't have played those tricks on you.

You're awe can wait Tyrant. Right now we have to get out of here right now!

The group ran towards the portal they had seen when the Garagnir had appeared.

Okay. We're now at the portal, but this isn't the one I know of. So, who knows where this leads, hm?

Tyrant made a good point. Where did this portal lead?
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/10/2008 11:24 AM

Melgalore looked to the other two, absolutely not part of his master's group of creatures but still seemingly apart of this group gathering and heading for one place specifically.  He hadn't been requested to join their travels but instead to ensure that they would be safe in their venture, gliding high above he was able to take note of their danger when his thought speech connection with Blaz led him to the knowledge of their danger.  Now he wandered through his cavernous tunnel leading them to safety which was back to the main path they were following before, nothing more than that.  Soon the hole opened and met the outer wall where first Melgalore, then the Hollowheart and Battleheart then his comrades trodden down to the main path once more.  Here he knew they would have just a moment to catch up on things, he knew which way to go then since he had been watching from above, turning the collision of his stony scales sounded like falling rocks as he looked down upon the group before him.  Blaz smiled, Niru and Eru simply watched in hopes that he had some sort of plan to escape.

Well, seems perhaps someone chose to bite off more than they could chew, hmm?  No matter, I can get us out of here in no time...but first, you two give me your names.  I am Melgalore, it seems one of you may have caused my travelers some trouble.

He stated this all with a calm head, looking to the two dragons clearly a few heads shorter than he.  He was always one to act this way, as a curious elder who simply wanted the outline of just what was going on so he could revert a chance of it happening again.
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Next