As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: Deathly meeting.. meeting death? {Private: Me and Kitleoh}

Postby Kitleoh » 04/17/2009 7:56 PM

Determined, Arien followed the beast before him confidently. He hadn't taken notice of the Khimera before now, and truly started to notice some flawed parts on his body. Was it coincidental that he had these scars? Perhaps. But Arien again didn't quite seem to care about the irony of this. The only way to get Arien to notice something was wrong would be if Thanatos wore a huge sign around his neck which would read; "Evil, Keep Away."
But without it, the only thing that was on Arien's mind was food and water.

Though the scars did keep bugging him. If Thanatos wasn't a stray, how on earth did those wounds get so nasty? Did his master just not care for them? The thought made Arien upset. So he must have been one of those masters? How cruel the thought was. Maybe, just maybe, Arien could convince the Khimera to come with him and live alone rather than a cruel master.
'I shouldn't jump to conclusions..' He thought solemnly,  'I didn't even meet his master.. maybe there is some different explanation to this? I'll ask when we're almost out of the volcano.'

Suddenly, his paw caught on a nearby bone of an unknown creature, who suffered a horrid fate for wandering and not properly navigating around the volcano. He made a startled shout in surprise, and jumped forward, nearly bumping into Thanatos.
"G-geeze!" He said, heart racing as he studied the bones. Of course, this wasn't a pleasant sight for him to hold. Arien was an expert at getting lost, and thought how he could have easily suffered the same fate.
"Good thing I meet you, else I would be one of these guys."
Lucky to meet Thanatos? He had no idea what he was talking about.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 04/26/2009 2:28 AM

Perhaps the scars were just battle scars..
That was the conclusion the young Albie came up with. Maybe he protected a lot of others, as he was indeed strong and powerful. The strong usually help the weak, don't they? But all of this seemed a bit strange. Only now was Arien starting to use his head. Wasn't he supposed to be getting help out of the volcano? Was he being lead the wrong way?

"No.." He spoke softly, shaking off his doubt. "He knows this place better than I do," His voice was soft, barely above a whisper as he coaxed himself of any doubt.
"My guess is that.. he's taking me a back way.." A back way? In a volcanic crag? It would be unusual, but probable..

Suddenly, he froze, and his sky blue eyes opened wide at the voice that floated in his ears. Trying to find the source, and now on his defense, Arien looked in all sorts of directions. Yet that's not all he did. His hair stood up, his tail erect, and claws were becoming unsheathed as he bared his teeth slightly. It wasn't too intimidating, as he was still a 'teen' as it were, yet it did prove something. Arien wasn't a cowardly scared little child he made himself out to be. No, it seemed he actually could and would fight if needed be.

Fortunately (Or maybe unfortunately,) the defense didn't last long. Arien quickly saw Thanatos, standing calm it seemed. The brave act diminished from his exterior, though his heart remained strongly defended and paranoid as the calm facade quickly came back. Looking up to the Khimera, he stared hard at Thanatos. For a moment, perhaps it looked as if he were on to something.. yet all he was doing was showing he would be ready to follow his lead into the unknown.
'Though.. where is the voice coming from? And why would someone be defending a place like this?'
"Th-Thanatos," He stammered out, "Where are we going again? And what are we going to do? Who is this talking to us...?"
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 06/15/2009 10:34 PM

As soon as a gigantic figure loomed over his head, Arien couldn't help but gawk in utter amazement. He hadn't seen much of Evelon, and certainly did not meet creatures as big as this. Menacing, and seemingly quite defensive of her territory, the young stray knew that he could be killed in an instant without her so much as moving a claw of hers. And here Thanatos was telling him to remain calm.
Gulping nervously and flicking his tail, the Albie couldn't help but think of the worst possible outcome of what Thanatos was trying to do.
Yet Arien didn't know of the secret conversation the two were having. The thought didn't even cross his mind. Why would he be suspicious? He was delusional from the heat and trek, for one, and ashes nearly clogged deep into his senses. Besides, why would anyone stop to think so deeply into things? It certainly didn't help that Arien was a simple minded child-like creature who trusted strangers..

As the Khimera cleverly spoke to the huge dragon like creature, so it seemed to Arien, He thought for a brief moment that she would indeed not let them pass. It was a total shock to see she indeed did.. but not without warning.
"Th-thank you!" He stammered out, staying close to his 'hero' as it would otherwise be called. Perhaps it was strange, him showing politeness to one of the things that was only cooing him along to his fate. But again, Arien knew nothing, and ignorantly thought that she too was just being a kind soul..

"That was very kind of her," Arien admitted gleefully, "But thank you as well. I mean.. I don't think I'd have been able to talk to that thing.. I-I mean her!" He suddenly was flustered, as if she would have heard what he said about her being a 'thing.'
"Er.. so, Thanatos. Do you know how much longer until we get out?"
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous