As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Unknown Ground (Private, Daemon & I)

Postby Moyra » 04/14/2009 12:23 AM

Shifting in his sleep, Brenin had a vague thought seep into his dreams about being too warm. As he shifted another thought slipped in, and that was that the ground felt a bit different than normal. Refusing to allow the thoughts ruin the peaceful sleep he was getting, he tucked his face deeper into his tails, keeping himself from waking up fully. He slept for who knows how much longer, the heat seemingly increasing as he did, till finally his blank pink eyes popped open.

Something didn't smell right, and instantly the Lucain sent out the tendrils of the light aura he was still learning to control like a type of sonar. His grey tails twitched nervously as his only way of knowing what was around him touched upon thick metal bars. With his breathing becoming a bit more panicked, the vision he was getting from his aura was that of a cage. Why am I caged... was his only thought as he stood, barely able to move in the confining metal. Letting the aura slip past the bars, he slowly realized he was not at home. Nothing smelled or felt right. "Where am i?" he asked to no one in particular. He wasn't sure if anyone was around for once he realized he was not where he last remembered, he'd pulled the aura back to himself as tight as it would. It wound itself into his fur and he felt a bit of comfort in that fact.
Moyra
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Re: Unknown Ground (Private, Daemon & I)

Postby Moyra » 04/14/2009 1:08 AM

Hearing a slight shifting in fabric, Brenin fell deathly silent. He practically held his breath for fear of making a sound. Somewhere in his mind he realized that the one that had just come into the room was likely the one that was keeping him in this cage. He didn't want to meet that person or thing any sooner than he needed to. His mind started to work out ideas of how to get out of the place. Something dawned on him slowly as he thought. Cages usually had latches, right? He hadn't done it before, but since his aura had been known to protect him, he knew it could be solid enough for what he wanted to try.

As quiet as possible still, he started to let the aura out slowly, hoping that since the shuffle of fabric had stayed fairly far away from him that whoever kept him, was not near him. Just as the small, nearly transparent finger like bit of aura was breaching the cage bars, he heard some other movement in the room. Lower...and not fabric. Fur? He froze in place, the white of the aura frozen as well. The second creature made it's way to him, and he had no idea what to do. What did one do in such a situation? He was beyond confused and it seemed he was far from home. He seemed to be at the mercy of these beings, and it scared him more than anything had before. Quickly he understood that they couldn't see it. They could not know he was shaking in his fur. Holding his head up a bit higher, he let the aura continue it's movement, but this time it reached out slowly toward the creature covered in fur.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/14/2009 10:24 AM

The fingerlike aura halted in midair, just about to touch the creature, as he heard her voice. The glowing ribbon of it just hung there as he spoke, as softly as he could following her lead, "I am called Brenin. And you would be...? And also..how do you plan on getting me out? I assume it's not going to be easy. And...why would you help me?" Shaking his head slightly, he realized he just asked about a million questions, but really it was his right. Letting the aura fall slightly, he tried to stretch it out toward the creature again.

He wanted to know who it was that might help him, or at least what. He was still learning how to use his ability, so he practised what he had learnt about making it near invisible. He didn't want to scare the one who might help him with it, but his curiosity was getting the better of him on this one. "I will help you as much as I can, but I fear I may not be able to help much." He really wished he had had more time before something like this happened. He kept the aura wrapped in his fur, not knowing if something was going to try and hit him. Or maybe this creature wasn't trying to help him at all. Maybe it was playing with his head.... Either way he kept moving the aura toward her, wanting to see what she looked like.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/14/2009 11:55 PM

Sozes... She seemed like a cat of some kind. Not like any in Silverstar...different. Before he lost his concentration and let the aura lose it's transparency, he pulled the ribbon of it back toward him. "Where is this lock? I'll see if I can do anything with it, but not being able to see it is going to greatly hamper me. Combination lock...I wonder if I can hear it when it's the right spot..." He spoke as quietly as he was able while still audible. Without thinking overly much about the other information the cat like thing gave him, he patted down the outside of the cage with the aura, searching for what might be the lock.

He had to keep his mind off of what might happen to him if this didn't work. His young mind couldn't even begin to comprehend the awful things that could be done. The imagination tended to be fairly bad, and often much worse than the actual problem. He didn't think it was the case in this situation.

On the top of the cage, he could feel what might be the lock, but he needed confirmation before he started tweaking with it. "Is this what I'm looking for? And do we need the key before I start on it?"
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/15/2009 12:28 AM

Just as he was about to open his mouth to explain, this Sozes disappeared to go find the key. He hadn't even gotten a word out. He wasn't really sure how to explain such a thing either. I can see, but I can't? That wouldn't really work. He would have to tell her about the aura. He owed her that much at least for helping him. If that is what she was doing. She seemed genuine, but Brenin was so new to the world he had no idea if he could believe that.

Rather than sit and do nothing like he was instructed, he merely looked as if he was still. The aura felt out the combination lock that she had talked about and he hoped he was doing the right thing as he started to turn each set of symbols, listening for a click. He wasn't even sure if he would be hear it, but he had to try. Sitting there for what seemed like an hour listening to nothing, he thought he heard an extremely faint 'click'. Hoping it wasn't his hopeful imagination, he moved the set of symbols once the opposite direction, moving it back to where he thought he heard it. He had heard it! He started on the next out of three sets.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/15/2009 1:08 AM

He hadn't even noticed that someone had left the room, he had been concentrating too hard on listening for that click. He jumped and froze when Sozes spoke, the combination lock also not moving now. "Um, you asked earlier how I deal with life?" He paused for a moment, moving the aura off the lock and letting it turn it's usual glowing white. He held it up like a hand for her to see, "This is how. It's an aura kind of thing I seem to have inherited from my father. I can use it like hands, I can use it to feel out where I go, and I can use it like sonar to see people." He moved it back to the lock to keep working on it. "You don't have to be freaked out. You're helping me, I won't use it against you. It will protect me if needed though." He chose not to elaborate on that, to leave it hanging there almost as a threat, hoping he wouldn't have to use it for that. Especially not against Sozes. "I hope it's not going to change your decision to help me." His mind went out to those keys. He didn't know if he would be able to reach out to grab them fast enough if she chose to leave him to rot.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/16/2009 12:49 AM

Brenin nodded before he moved the aura back toward the lock and kept working to find the combination. He hadn't meant to freak her out with it, he just couldn't be sure of her intent. He couldn't take chances with things like that, he may never get out of here. "I do trust you, it's just that...well. I'm in a cage. As of right now you have all the power over my incarceration. I just wanted to be prepared in case you decided to bolt and leave me here." Hearing the many little clicks of each turn of the lock, Brenin stopped to concentrate as he didn't think he would be able to hear the one click he was searching for. After a moment, the right one came and he moved onto the last set of symbols.

"I've only got one more to go, then we can use the keys and see which works. I just need silence until I get this last one." The quiet click click of the lock turning was heard once more, the shining aura moving the symbols slowly. He didn't want to miss the click, so he had to work quickly, yet carefully. "I'm very grateful to you for doing this. I don't know what I would have done..."
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/18/2009 1:19 PM

Brenin had started to speak, "I won't reach for them again unless you actually do split on.." and he cut off as he heard the footsteps as well. They were definitely not those of the one who had been here before, as they seemed to have none. Softer, but just as dangerous. They didn't need this one raising an alarm. A part of the aura stretched out toward the door, transparent and ready to take care of anyone coming in. He wasn't exactly sure how he would 'take care' of someone, but he would have to figure it out if need be.

While waiting for the footsteps to either come in or move on, the faint click click of the lock could still be heard. The faster he got the right combination the better. When Sozes spoke, he thought he heard the odd click so he backed the mechanism up and tried again once she was silent. It was it! Leaving the three in what he thought was the right place, he said quietly, "Try it now, I think I got it." He wanted to be free of this trap so he could get back outside. Feeling very much like the caged animal that he was was wearing on his nerves and he was getting panicky.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/28/2009 8:40 PM

All of his aura and body had frozen as the clank sounded through the room. He too waited for the sound of someone coming that never came. After a moment he relaxed and waited for Sozes to take the lead. He didn't know the place as well as she did, so he was relying on her. Ever since he could remember he had hated having to rely on others. It was something he couldn't really get away from for the time being as he was still learning the intricacies of his power. Soon he planned on having the area's he needed mapped out so he could begin to travel and be independent. Well, had planned on it. Right now his greatest concern was getting out of this place. Just the feel of it was making the hair on his neck stand.

"I'll keep as close as I can. I will have to use the aura to know where you are though, is that alright with you?" He didn't want to scare off his helper with the white tendrils, and so thought it prudent to explain, even if only a little. "I'll likely bump into things or get lost if I can't keep a hold on you so to speak." If she refused, he would have to use it anyways. It was a good thing the practise to make the aura transparent seemed to be working. Least...that's what Nereza told him. Would his wicked sister lie to him...?
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/04/2009 10:34 AM

Brenin nodded quickly and shot out the arms of his aura to wrap them around Sozes. He needed to keep tabs on her path so he could follow with speed. He knew the severity of the situation and was going to try his damnedest to get out alive. Feeling her slip away like a shot, he followed and matched her pace. It was difficult as he had to keep the aura concentrated on her, but also on the floor and surrounding so as not to trip them up. As a result, he didn't pay much attention to the sounds around them or the path. He just followed blindly so to speak. Not knowing which way they were going was a handy thing in that aspect, he just had to follow. If only that were as easy as it seemed.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/12/2009 10:04 AM

Having a bit of difficulty keeping up with her, Brenin was rounding the corners in much the same way as Sozes. Though he was lucky with it in a sense, his aura always seemed to be looking out for him, in this instance helping him keep his balance when he was sure he was about to topple over during a turn. Not knowing their route, Brenin was surprised when it seemed as if they were descending deeper into the mountain. A small inkling in the back of his mind was hoping he wasn't being led astray.

Listening to her warning and taking it to heart, the aura weaved itself into his fur and acted as sort of a barrier against the barbs she spoke of. Before they could get much further, the sound of music filled his ears. This was strange coming from such a place as this. Slowing, he spoke quietly, as quiet as his panic would allow, "Sozes... what is that...?"
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/21/2009 10:11 AM

With the mention of a plan, Brenin nodded silently. He would do anything at the moment to ensure they would get out alive. Playing dead couldn't be that hard, could it? At the nudge Sozes gave him, he flopped to the floor, trying to arrange his limbs to look as if he'd been dragged there. With her jaw at his throat, he felt a little insecure, but felt the aura clinging to his fur and skin, still trying to protect him. He left his eyes open as he was sure they were blank enough without effort. He'd been told by some of the more rude inhabitants of the Sanctuary that they were 'creepy and yet pink'.

Listening to the exchange of the two, he was again surprised at how they acted, and how they seemed to be expected to act in this place. He hadn't known much of this type of behaviour, and he would be overjoyed when he could get home. Home to a place where mostly everyone got along and even enjoyed each others company. He couldn't even imagine being in a place such as this for long.

The music was suddenly cranked, and Brenin was pulled out of his own thoughts. It seemed as if the creature couldn't care less about the two, and was leaving. It was confirmed when Sozes spoke, and he quickly got to his feet. "How can you stand being in this place? Is there not a shred of joy, of kindness?" He couldn't help but ask the question. He was new to the world, and it seemed there was much for him to learn.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 06/19/2009 10:33 AM

The words she had said had caused a sick feeling in Brenin's stomach. No happiness? How can a being live without it, what did they live for, strive for? A part of him wanted to dwell on what type of creatures would live in such a place, another part of him would rather he never found out. He followed Sozes without much thought to it, as his mind was preoccupied with other things. As such, he didn't notice the decline in their level and the temperature drop.

With the aura helping him with each step, he didn't feel the slickness of the ground until he hit a small patch of what seemed like ice and nearly lost his balance. Righting himself easily, he continued on just as Sozes spoke again, warning him to watch his step. He nearly would have laughed at that if the situation hadn't been so dire. "Are we near the end of this maze and mess of tunnels, or is there very far to go? It's getting mighty chilly in here Sozes." He had been snapped out of his thoughts by the slip and had noticed the temperature change.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 07/28/2009 7:20 PM

Brenin's ears pricked as he heard the nails dig into the ice, and he wondered about her trying to slow on the ice. Obviously ice was something to be tread on with caution, but it seemed more like she'd tried to stop rather than be cautious. If only he knew more about these tunnels and the creatures that possible inhabited them, he'd be less confused and more helpful.

The slick of the water on top of the ice was causing Brenin's aura to grasp at the walls and floor around him, helping him with his footing. He'd not been on ice very often, and with a panic such as they were in now, he knew it was only a matter of time before he fell flat on his rump. The aura helped slightly, though he could feel the pads of his paws slip slightly with each hurried step.

Rather than say anything in response, Brenin nodded quickly to her words. There had to be creatures around for she was still trying to be quiet and had an air of stealth about her. He wouldn't dare risk their capture with a few careless words after they'd gotten this far.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Next