As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Left out of it all...

Postby Kyrit » 10/16/2007 1:52 PM

He had been left behind for the bloody war. why Otiephu? Draiz had so many other pets, stronger ones at that, that could have been drug off to fight in the war. Instead she just had to take his friend. The magma creeper grumbled to himself from his spot sitting on a rather hot rock. This little creature just didn't seem like the usually happy and cheerful magma creeper that he usually was. The sooner the war was over the better...
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/17/2007 12:03 PM

The magma creeper wasn't the only pet left behind by the war. All the war pets had friends and relatives... Some didn't mind their loved ones going off to war- Sam was content to let her son fight, and Sethor's children had no worries about their father's safety. Even his lifemate wasn't upset by him fighting, since she was fighting beside him. But one person that had been left in the lurch by Max's choice of war pet was Raul, Cake Kuhna and good friend/maybe boyfriend material of Sarah, an Arkuhna who had been chosen as one of Max's war pets. Raul worried constantly about her, since she was more peaceful than most war pets. He'd come somewhere hot to sulk, and since he couldn't bear going to Wilt'no, where all the war pets trained, he'd ended up in Nori Volcano.

[[51]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/17/2007 1:13 PM

A feline was in his sight, reminding him all the more of his companion. What if she got hurt out there? She may have been covered in metal in some of her more vital areas, but what about if someone attacked her elsewhere? The purines were supposed to be peaceful... so maybe she'd be okay.

Talbot let out a small sigh and just watched the other creature.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/17/2007 1:22 PM

Raul, however, wasn't feeling too passive or peaceful at the moment. He was worried and he was annoyed, so it wasn't too hard for him to jump to angry. "What are you lookin' at?" he grumbled at the magma creature who was watching him. "Don't tell me you want to fight me too!" Since he'd left Idalani and Sarah had gone to her barracks, Raul had been attacked twelve times by pets who wanted to practice for the war.

[[52]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/17/2007 1:27 PM

The tiny creature let out a small hiss as he spoke out, "You're only getting a fight if you keep acting so rude!" He wasn't one to fight. He'd rather peacefully tag along with his larger friend and stay on the safety of her back. "I didn't come to this place looking for a fight. I'm trying to get away from it."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/17/2007 2:01 PM

"Good! Me too!" Raul replied. He lapsed back into brooding silence again. "I came here to escape the war altogether..." he murmured, hanging his head as he thought of Sarah. "Why did the imperials and the Purines have to get into a big dispute now anyway?" he suddenly burst out angrily.

[[53]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/17/2007 2:10 PM

"I don't know..." the flaming reptile muttered with a small shrug. "I don't bother getting into the business of others..." Talbot just wanted it to end so that he could travel with his friend again. He was so out of place now.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/17/2007 5:22 PM

"..." Raul stared sullenly off into the distancing, idly flicking rocks into a pool of magma. He had no qualms about getting into the business of others, and he was a man of action first and foremost, so sitting around waiting for Sarah was driving him insane.

[[54]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/17/2007 5:43 PM

Talbot slowly stood up. Why was he just sitting around and sulking? This just wasn't like him. "So... wanna explore the volcano while we're waiting on the war to end..? It'll give the two of use something to do other then sulk."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/17/2007 7:04 PM

Raul nodded and got to his feet, heading towards the magma creeper. "Sure, why not. Then I'll at least have something to show Sarah when she gets back..." Raul said, shrugging. "...if she gets back..." he added morbidly.

[[55]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/17/2007 10:57 PM

With a quick beat of his wings the tiny creature was hovering in the air. This was odd.. He actually had to depend on himself if he wished to actually get about anywhere. Well, at least his wings would get stronger again. Talbot began heading closer to the volcano, seeing as how there was still a bit of distance between them and it.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/18/2007 8:18 AM

Raul looked after the magma creature with a blank look on its face. "Um... you do realize you're flying over a pool of magma, and I... can't walk on that." Raul said, looking up at the magma creeper. "What's your name anyway?" he asked, pausing for a moment. "My name's Raul."

[[56]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/18/2007 2:51 PM

"Oh.. sorry." he spoke, letting out a nervous chuckle. He began to glance about for another path that they could possibly take, one that the kuhna would be able to follow at least. "Me? Oh, I'm Talbot. It's nice to meet ya, Raul." Now that he had company he seemed to be a bit more like his usual cheerful self. Maybe it'd do him some good to be around the cake kuhna until the war ended.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 10/18/2007 3:16 PM

Raul blinked. The Magma creeper sure cheered up fast... Turning, he started his way through the rocks towards the caldera of the mountain, making sure to keep firm footing. It wouldn't be good if he slipped on a stray rock...

[[57]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/18/2007 8:05 PM

Talbot hovered close by him, keeping to the side that was off of the rocks as if acting as a boundry. "So... why'd you choose a place like this to come to? Surely it's rather uncomfortable for someone such as yourself." He was, of course, used to the heat. How could he not be when his body was flaming most of the time?
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next