A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Camping Trip (self)

Postby jobiehanna » 02/08/2018 11:30 PM

He was a psychology student. Why had he come out here with the geology and environmental science nerds? It was foggy and cold, and Roger was not cut out for camping. He liked to stay in his apartment, or study in the library. He backpack was heavy, and his glasses kept slipping down his nose. He heard laughter from in front of him, but he could only see the outlines of his friends. He sighed as he struggled to keep up - most of these people were used to hiking and the outdoors. Roger was certainly not.

Unfortunately for him, his best friend from highschool had taken an interest in geology, and drug Roger with him on trips such as this. However, the Whisper Forest was mysterious and alien to the group. They'd never done anything in this forest before. Most trips were taken to Roraldi or the Vast Plains, sometimes even the beach. He didn't understand the interest in this gloomy, misty forest. It was creepy.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Camping Trip (self)

Postby jobiehanna » 02/10/2018 12:00 AM

Roger finally caught up to the group, where they were stopped at the top of a cliff. They looked down into a ravine, tossing rocks to see how far down it went. There was too much mist at the bottom to make it out, but the time it took the rocks to reach the bottom told him it was very, very deep. He swallowed from fear, and backed away. He did not want to fall down there, nor see anyone else fall either.

The small band of friends continued on their merry way, Roger trailing behind. When the sun was setting they set up camp. They were only spending one night in the forest, thankfully. But Roger was terrified. He helped them set up tents and build a fire - not easy with the heavy mist saturating the wood and leaf litter. In the end they had a fire big enough to warm up some water for ramen noodles.

They spent some time talking, before going into their tents to sleep for the night.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Camping Trip (self)

Postby jobiehanna » 02/12/2018 12:24 AM

Roger awoke in the dark of night to find that his tent was empty. He was shivering, and only had his sleeping bag to keep warm - no more body heat. He saw his bag was still in the corner where he had left it, but where were the others? A trickle of fear crept down his spine. He was instantly alert, and reached for his glasses. He shoved them on his face and scrambled out of the tent. The glowing embers of the fire were out, and the other tent was gone.

Panic gripped him. He rushed back to his tent and fumbled for a flashlight. He clicked it on and dashed from his tent once more. The beam from the flashlight barely cut through the fog, as it had thickened in the night. He swallowed his fear and tried to look for clues - foot prints or something.

The flashlight swung erratically through the night, but he didn't wander far. He had better keep close to the tent and fire remains, or he'd get lost in this fog.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items