A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

It's so quiet... (P)

Postby Remedy » 07/18/2010 7:17 PM

Golden slowly made his way into the Forest.  The wind rushing through the trees made a soft sound, and a shiver ran down his spine.  A new place was discovered, and he's the one they send to explore?  Why not Zal?  Of course, Golden knew the answer to that, but still.  He hated it when she left, because then he had to do all the hunting and whatnot.  Everything here was so quiet and still, and he had to watch closely so he didn't run into trees in the thick fog.  The whole place was creepy, and it made his fur stand on end.  As if something would jump out at any moment... This place chilled him right to the bone.  With each step he took, it was squish squish squish in the mud.  "I've been here five minutes and I already hate it." he muttered to himself.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: It's so quiet... (P)

Postby HunnyBun » 07/18/2010 8:43 PM

Fragile looked around, this place seemed almost like home to him. He sighed satisfied to be somewhere so cold and dark. The fog whipped around him and left water droplets on his glass like skin. He shook them off, not wanting to cause any harm to his self and started to enter. He didn't care to much about the mud, it made his glass all stained and dirty. He looked up into the canopy, almost all the sun was gone. Or was it night time? He couldn't tell. He took each step proudly, being in a whole new place. He felt almost like an adventurer, finding and exploring new lands.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

(0.2)

Postby Remedy » 07/19/2010 2:11 PM

Golden continued moving through the thick fog.  It was getting dark, but he had come here in the afternoon when the sun was overhead.  He decided that he may have a better chance at navigating if he were higher, so he got out his claws and started to climb up a tree.  The trees were so old, and they had moss all over them.  He had to be careful not to leap on a rotting tree, since the tree might collapse and him with it.  Even above the fog, he couldn't see through the branches.  There appeared to be no living thing around.  He listened carefully for any change, but all he heard was whispering in the wind...  
Then he heard something new.  The squishing of mud, getting closer and closer.  Footsteps in the forest.  He crouched low onto the branch and peered closely through the fog, hoping to catch a glimpse of the creature.

((We're just going to RP togather for now, but Laviee you can hop in at any time.  o3o))

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/19/2010 3:32 PM

Fragile looked around, the place seemed almost vacant. That or the fog was doing a great job on hiding anything or one around him. His glass skin creaked as he became slightly tense. What if there was a monster right in front of him? We wouldn't be able to see it! He stopped, not wanting to take another step until he knew there was nothing there. He pushed his head as far out as he could, peering into the milky white distance. There seemed to be nothing, but he couldn't tell.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(0.3)

Postby Remedy » 07/19/2010 4:08 PM

Golden listened.  The noise stopped.  There was a bit of a creak and a moan, then... scilence.  He srtained his eyes to try and see what is was, but the fog was too thick.  He decided to get closer to where he heard the sound, so Golden crept along the branches.  He leapt from one tree to another as stealthily as possible.  Readying himself for a rather large leap, he sprang- and just barely made it.  He had overestimated the strength of the branch, though, and found himself falling.  He expected to land on soft mud, but instead he had the wind knocked out of him when he landed on a rock.  Shaking his head and getting up, he realized that it was no rock he had fallen on- it was a hunter!  
"Oh no, I'm so sorry..." he said worriedly.  After all, hunters were pretty well known for they're strength and temper.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/19/2010 4:31 PM

Fragile's head raised as he heard the tree's creak. He hadn't realized that a creature could be up there. He tensed up, getting ready to either run or attack if something jumped out. Though he didn't get the chance. He felt a heavy weight fall on his back, causing his legs to go out. When he hit the muddy earth, he sprang up and jumped a few feet away. He looked back to see a Treasure Taigra looking at him. It seemed to be just as surprised as he was. Fragile's back raised as he got ready for a fight.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(0.4)

Postby Remedy » 07/19/2010 4:57 PM

"Oh dear.... No, no, no, no, no... I don't want to fight." Golden was close to panicking now, since he knew that if he tried to fight this beast he'd go down after one blow.  How was he supposed to break rock hard skin?  These things were invinsible!  Golden started backing away slowly, watching the Hunter carefully for any signs of movement.  He wanted to get far enough away through the fog so he couldn't be seen, then he wanted to climb another tree.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/19/2010 5:07 PM

Fragile eased up a bit, to tell the truth he didn't want to battle either. He was always afraid of breaking his self since he was made of glass. He pulled his head up and looked at him confused. If he didn't want to battle, then why did he jump him?
"So if you don't want to fight, then why did you attack me?" He asked, raising one eyebrow curiously.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(1.0)

Postby Remedy » 07/19/2010 5:25 PM

Golden stopped moving.  "Oh, Sorry, I didn't jump on you... see, I was jumping from tree to tree and I fell... sorry." Golden was definately considered more of a wimp than his friend Zal, who had gone through more training than he had.  She seemed better in these situations...  Oh, how he wished she were here.  He shifted uneasily in place, still expecting the Hunter to attack him.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/19/2010 5:31 PM

Fragile tilted his head, it still didn't make any sense. Being up in the tree's was a stupid idea. The fog would make it even harder to travel.
"Why were you up in the tree's? That's a stupid idea." He said, standing up.
He didn't have time for chit chat. If he wanted to be one of the first to ever explore here, then he would need to keep moving. Else he will be the last person to explore this new lands.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(1.1)

Postby Remedy » 07/19/2010 7:23 PM

Golden blushed.  "I don't feel as vunerable up there, and I thought it might be easier to see." he said.  Golden looked around.  "Are you here to explore the new place?" he asked.  There wasn't really much to find here, it was just mud and fog and trees... to him, anyway.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/19/2010 7:55 PM

Fragile sniffed annoyingly, he wouldn't climb these tree's if a Garginir was chasing him.
"You don't feel as vulnerable?" He repeated, a bit of sarcasm in his voice.
He could tell from the Taigra's fall that it wasn't the safest route. Fragile bet the Taigra couldn't see a thing up there and walked right off of a branch. No, he would never climb these trees!
He looked down at the cat. It seemed he didn't care for this place very much. Though when people first adventured through the Caverns or the Wilt'no they probably said the same thing?
"Yes, I wanted to be one of the first people to ever step here." He said proudly.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(1.2)

Postby Remedy » 07/19/2010 10:38 PM

Golden blushed more, realizing that he must sound ridiculous.  "Well, I just came here because that's what I was told to do.  Then bring back some report and whatnot.  Like my friend Zal, she's supposed to be at the Craiss Caverns hunting." he explained.  The wind kicked up and as it moved through the branches, it made a whispering sound.  Golden shivered again.  "God, I hate that." he complained.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/19/2010 10:51 PM

Fragile nodded and started to walk off. He wondered why he didn't just leave if he didn't like this place? Maybe he was afraid of his owner? He didn't know, and truly didn't care. Fragile listened as the wind whispered to them. He wondered what it was trying to say? Or if it was trying to say anything at all?

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 07/21/2010 8:49 PM

Twi pushed herself through some dense undergrowth while straining her eyes to see through the thick fog. While traveling, she had overheard some merchants talking about a newly discovered place, and this is where it led her. She liked the quiet and mysteriousness the forest held, but the fog! The fog was chillingly cold and left droplets of water on her pelt. All of her senses were muffled, and that wasn't the most pleasant feeling one could have. The whispering wind blew through the trees, ruffling her fur and leaving a trail of fluttering leaves. The fog also lifted quite a bit, letting the Fellox have her first real look at the forest.
Interesting, I like it, she commented to herself.
Twi looked around in interest; exploring a new place was exciting. There were even freaking glowing mushrooms! A small one grew near her forepaws and she leaned down to take a closer look. Her survey around the place was interrupted however by the sound of voices. She wrinkled her nose in distaste.
I thought I would be the first one here, she grumbled, Might as well take a look . . .
With a last sniff off the mushroom, she turned and disappeared into the fog towards the voices.

- 68 -
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Next