A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: :.Risk of Thanks for Life Day! Docile Version.:

Postby Channi » 11/30/2010 8:26 PM

ooc// Eh, bad post. :(

bic//
"Nrgh...leggo!" “Make it go away!” she sobbed in reply, burying her face into Corey's feathers. She whimpered as she heard heavy footsteps, cautiously looking over her shoulder at the beast as she heard it speak. The sight of her proved to be too much for her, and she pressed her face back into Corey's neck with a squeak. She didn't react to any of the conversation until . . . “Unless, of course, you count the danger you are in by trying my patience. Then perhaps the game is indeed more dangerous than I anticipated.” Cal's body heaved as she let out a mighty “B'AWE-HAW-HAW!” This thing was going to eat her for sure!

Then Corey spoke, seemingly making matters worse. "As interisting this whole conversation might be, could we please come back to the real problem that is that we are stuck in a freakin misty forest? I doubt that we find anything of interest here, everything is abadoned, and the Turkezillas most likely took all the treasures they might had  with them... Would you please let go now?! I'm Corey by the way..." Cal's grip loosened as he shook his head, landing on her bottom with a thud. She sat stiffly for a moment, still clutching bunches of his feathers in her hind feet. Her eyes widened as she stared in frozen fear at Godzilla, her beak hanging open in dumb shock.

Godzilla spoke again, proposing the group find the way out together. Cal watched her begin to walk away, her gaze sliding over to the size of the Turkezilla nests nearby. Quickly deciding that she'd rather hang out with a lizard-beast that might eat her than be found by a Turkezilla that would eat her, she scurried to her feet, sticking close to Corey's feet as she followed along.

And suddenly the bushes rustled and Cal was sure she was about to die. She squawked loudly, then relaxed as she realized the creature was friendly. The Yonyuu and the Fellox introduced themselves, and Cal decided she should do the same. “I'm Cal,” she said softly.

{4/15; 9}

Cal ♀
Level: 2
Clickables || Zoo Pen || Character Profile
Channi
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 82
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/30/2010 9:38 PM

“Must you make so much noise?” the Insonia hissed, swinging her head from the Fellox to the Sygriff. “What part of ‘this is a forest filled with bloodthirsty beasts we are lucky enough not to have encountered yet’ makes no sense to you? If you keep squawking like a dying chicken, then you are certain to be eaten.”  She rolled her eyes as the feral head growled a rumble of annoyance. “Now, let’s go. If your coming, then follow; if not, then feel free to stay here and enjoy the mist and the Turkezillas that may come back at any time.” With a huff, she started off again. “Perhaps the exit to this ‘maze’ of a forest lies this way.”

[10]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/30/2010 10:52 PM

Kieta jumped as one of the creature's head snarled at her. Quite a frightening sight, that two-headed beast was-- after all, she had never seen anything like it, except maybe in a few new textbooks? What was it called? Insomniac? No, no, that wasn't right. Insonia? That sounded a bit better...

Avoiding the bicephalic pet as much as she could without being obvious, the Yonyuu nervously skirted around the animal, she arrived somewhat near the back of the group. Sending a soft smile to Cal, she turned back to the large reptilian, trying to hide her fear as she looked into her snake-like yellow eyes.

"Yes," she began, her tail swishing. "We should probably get out of here. But... shouldn't we check the nests first? After all, there could be something useful in them, and, well... it couldn't hurt, right? We can go fast, and, isn't that the reason we're out here? I don't want to have wasted 45 KS for a stroll through the forest. Imagine how cool it would be if we came back with something pretty and rare, something worth more than all our entrance fees combined, and showed it to that 'Drakenza.' She'd feel regrets for not staying with us, I'm sure." A devious smile played on the canine's face as she looked to the massive abandoned piles of dirt and broken grass.

A green paw ran through the nesting material as she upturned a site, beckoning the others nearer. Wow, I'm really pushing my luck here, aren't I? Kieta thought to herself as she nosed a pile of leaves away. It's a good thing Turkezillas can't fly...

[2 - 1.4]
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/01/2010 3:09 AM

Corey looked down at Cal, the angry look in his eyes flickering for a split second. Now that the girl was
down from his neck, he actually felt bad for her, seeing how scared she really was. His neck still itched where she pulled out some of his feathers tho...He decidet not to mention it, normally he would scream at anyone who dared to even touch his feathers for hours, and then rip their head of. In this case he just played it of. If he got angry on her, she might die of an heart attack.

He decidet to tag along with the group. All tho he was confident enough to stay alone in the woods, it still was easier for a whole group to find an exit in these darn woods then on his own. He trotted shortly behind Godzilla and Twi, Cal next to his feet, until he heard Kieta's remark. He slowed down slightly, looking over his shoulder. "Well...you do have a point there." He growled. The first time in this forrest he seemed to be a little double minded, and looked back at the others. "We all came here for a reason, didn't we? and I think thats the closest thing we can get to find...stuff in." He looked at the other party of the group, ahead of him. "On the other hand...Like I said, I think those turkeys might took what they had when they left this place...plus some of you already did search through a nest, at least a little...to no avail" He looked down at Cal "Am I right?"

He did not like this, the whole situation was making him uneasy as hell.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/01/2010 10:34 PM

Godzilla turned, her eyes observing the Yonyuu with a distasteful look. “Very well,” she said at last. She was not aware that she’d end up stuck with other participants of the game while she was playing the game. She trundled back towards the nests, looking faintly ruffled. She nosed towards one of the nests, and came up sneezing angrily. “All I see are feathers and egg shells. Nothing useful. Check another nest,” she ordered, while the feral head did just that, leaning over ton check a nest beside the one she’d just plundered. She seemed to have no fear of what might happen to her should a Turkezilla return.

[11]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/01/2010 11:39 PM

Kieta smiled and turned back to her nest, nosing a mound of crushed, beaten-down dirt that had no doubt been pulverized to the softest degree by loving parents. Wait... were Turkezillas exactly loving? Sure, they probably cared for their young, but... The Yonyuu shook her head, turning her thoughts back to the search, A broken eggshell and soft, downy feathers dotted the perimeters of the site, most probably from a hatched gchick. The scent of birds, mold, and dampness flooded her nose as she roughly nuzzled a patch of dead grass out of the way, her paw scooping out soft, wet dirt.

Nothing. Trying not to let the disappointment get to her, the canine turned to the next nest, which appeared to be a bit larger. There had to be something in these old nests, she reasoned. After all, it wasn't like Turkezillas could just carry all of their stuff with them without aid... right? Deciding to ignore all doubts, she focused completely on the task at hand.

An idea-- most probably a foolish one, but an idea-- came to the pet as she reached the bottom of the nesting material. "If I had valuable things to hide..." she said to herself, a plan coming over her. "...where would I hide them?"

Underground? It was worth a shot! The Yonyuu scraped some of the packed-down earth up, digging below the level at which the nest sites were at. Damp dirt splattered onto her paws. An idea that would most likely provide no outcome, but it couldn't hurt, right?

[3 - 1.6]
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

80-8

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/02/2010 1:45 AM

The Fellox only gave a half shrug before turning to a nest, too. She had already looked through one, and the only interesting thing she found was that one feather. Who knows, though, she could have missed something.

Twi turned to watch the Yonyuu when she started to dig in the ground. That's not a bad idea, I suppose... she thought to herself, even though the idea of getting her paws dirty didn't seem all that appealing to her at the time. The Fellox did go over and help with the digging, using her daggers to loosen the dirt up.

I hope we don't uncover something half eaten that the Turkezillas decided to bury and save for later, she remarked dryly.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/03/2010 10:06 AM

Corey padded over to one nest as well but kept a nervous eye on his surroundings. He was pretty tense most of the time, but that was simply because he was angry. Now, he was tense because he actually was a little anxious.He thought through why the Turkezillas abadoned their nests. Maybe the hunting grounds where bad, or they hated this fog as much as he did...the darn Werecain mentioned something like that...but he also could imagine that something scared them away, maybe. and he wasnt looking forward to run into this 'something' , if there was anything to worry about.

He broke open the nest he was standing on and dug through the twigs and feathers, snorting disgusted."whoa, it still smells as if they where here just minutes ago...ew!" The smell of the bird creatures lingered in the feathers and nests for quite a long time, and almost made him gag. It also blocked all other smells, and he looked up nervously every few moments. "I really doubt that we find something interesting here, guys..." he rumbeled, kicking an empty eggshell out of the nest he was standing on. he continued to dig through the nest with his feet semi interested. It was then when he stepped into an old, foul,unhatched egg and jumped up and away from the nest in shock and disgust. "Erhg! oh come one now" He snarled, glaring down at the foul, smelly substance on his claws and hissed. His patience was about to end, and he about to snap. What the hell was he thinking to come here anyway? He flattened his feathers against his body to protect it from the mist, and looked over at the others to see that they had not much more luck then him, and walked over to another nest, cursing under his breath.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/05/2010 5:57 PM

Kieta stepped over a bit to make room for Twi, gratefully allowing the Fellox to loosen the dirt. "Thank you," she answered, scooping out the soft, excess earth, tiny clumps that crumbled in her paws. The broken mud got between her pads, irritating the soft skin that lay between her digits.

Soon, the ground turned hard and clay-like, cold and untouched for years. "Not even Turkezillas' claws could get through this layer," she observed, scratching at the practically frozen mud, but to no avail. "There's no way they could have gotten deeper than this. We should move on..."

Stifling a laugh as Corey's claws found their way into the gooey innards of a rotten egg, the Verdure Yonyuu sidestepped over to an untouched site, beginning to sift through it's contents.

[4 - 1.8]
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/05/2010 6:24 PM

“Hmph, touching,” the Insonia grumped, apparently sickened by the show of kindness the others seemed so fond of partaking in. “-but useless. I’d certainly say that was a waste of time. We could’ve been halfway through this forest by now if we’d left when I’d had the intention to.” She trundled away from the nest she’d ransacked in order to glare at the Yonyuu and Fellox. “Are you quite happy now?” The more feral head gave a decisive snarl, apparently none too pleased about being held back. “I’m leaving. Perhaps I can find my way out of here and perhaps not. But I will waste no more time digging through the abandoned nests and creating a mess.” She looked pointedly at the Gyrraptor, and wrinkled her nose in distaste, revealing rows of sharp, serrated teeth. “You can come or you can stay; it matters little to me.” She turned and trundled off, easily finding her way through the mist; she was a creature of darkness, and there was little, if anything, out here that bothered, disturbed or frightened such a beast as the Insonia was.

[12]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/05/2010 6:55 PM

(okay. so I think I've got Shrewds last post on the update topic right, that we have to rp the turkezillas (if we want them in) ourselves, and the wins/losses will be simply rolled in the end.
...well, I think a little bit of action cant hurt, no? If i got that wrong, please send me an pm and I'll alter the post^^)

Corey hissed aggrovated at the Fellox when she chuckled, baring his teeth in anger at her, but
proceeded to search through the new nest. He tilted his head slightly at Godzilla, blinked and shook his head."Well I for my part will stay here for a little longer..." he muttered, more to himself. There where only a few more nests left, and it would have been a shame if in the last one was something, and he missed it to get a few more minutes earlier out of the woods.

Little, beady but sharp eyes watched every move of the little group on the clearing. the old female Turkezilla was here since the clan of her kind left, sensing an opportunity. and she was proven right, too many people where just curious or simply stumbled in here, making them easy prey for her. and now a whole group, excelent! She snuck closer towards the group through some brushes, creeping towards them.

Corey's head snapped up when he heard a noise at the border of the clearing. The woods where too dark and too foggy for him to really see anything, but he was sure that there was something luring there. "Guys? did you hear that too?" He said, his voice tense.

(The Turkezilla girl is no character of me of course, and can be played by anyone. just to make this clear ;))
(7)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/05/2010 7:09 PM

Godzilla’s feral head snarled; it sensed something she did not, and it’s primal instincts were screaming a warning. The Insonia turned slowly, her eyes darting about in the darkness. She could smell something different, but the scent of the old nests was overpowering, and masked the smell of the Turkezilla that was sneaking up on them. A low growl rumbled in her chest, and Godzilla slowly trundled back to the group, multitudes of her eyes darting about in silent caution. “My talent does not lie in hearing, but in sight and scent. And something is most certainly out there…” As she finished her words, the Turkezilla burst from the shadows, leaping towards the Fellox and the Yonyuu.

[13]
(Hope that’s all right. My posts are almost up~)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

81-9

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/05/2010 10:44 PM

Twi's head snapped up and her muscles tensed as she surveyed their surroundings at her companion's warnings. She, too, felt a presence nearby and quickly slipped on her battle claws and sheathed her knife with the others on her belt where she would able to reach for them quickly if needed. She was not a moment too soon.

When Twi looked up, she saw a massive shape made of claws, teeth, and feathers leaping towards her. Had not the other creatures made her alert, the Fellox would probably have been caught completely off guard and froze on the spot. Move! she yelled at the Yonyuu beside her and pushed her aside. Thankfully the Turkzilla's big size meant that she wasn't completely shredded by its massive claws and only got a shallow scratch on her side. She hissed as her fur stood on end.

The Turkzilla turned and screeched, furious at having missed her catch and whipped her head around, looking for her target.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/05/2010 10:55 PM

The Turkezilla was hissing and whipping about wildly, searching for it’s first victim. When it could not get to the Fellox or the Yonyuu, it turned instead towards the Insonia. But the Turkezilla was smaller than the Insonia (Although a good deal more feral and ferocious) and did not count on the particularly dangerous nature of her next target. When the Turkezilla turned towards the Insonia, the reptilian creature reared up on her hind legs, presenting an impressive sight. The feathering on her head and back stood on end, increasing her already impressive size, and both mouths opened in a hissing roar that revealed rows of sharp, gleaming teeth. The Turkezilla, although vicious, was not stupid. It immediately backed down, taking a few awkward leaps backward, clucking in confusion and fear, before it turned once more on the easier prey. The Insonia hissed again, tail lashing, and advanced, before she fell back to the earth with a massive thud. The Turkezilla quickly retreated, but not before refocusing it’s sight on the Fellox. That one looked much easier to eat.

[14]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

82-10

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/06/2010 12:46 AM

Twi wasn't sure which she was more afraid of; the Insonia or the Turkzilla. They made quite an impressive sight; it looked like a scene of a battle of two great fighters in a storybook. She shed away from the pair as they faced off, hissing at each other. Then the Turkzilla backed off, apparently the Turkzilla didn't find Insonia quite as appetizing anymore. Twi didn't blame her at all, she wouldn't of attacked the Insonia even if she were bigger than her.

Uh oh! she squeaked in terror. The Turkzilla had turned toward her, and unfortunately, the Fellox was a poor match in size. She backed up slowly, showing her teeth and growling.

The Turkzilla grinned, showing its pointy teeth and snarled at poor Twi. She advanced, much more quickly than you would think possible for a creature of her bulk.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext