A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

:.Risk of Thanks for Life Day! Docile Version.:

Postby Jaykobell » 11/24/2010 11:04 PM

In this day of Thanks for Life Day, everyone was enjoying a meal with their family. They were safe from the hungry, rampaging Turkezillas, enjoying their own turkey around a huge table full of food. No one was crazy enough to come around this place, especially since it was shrouded in mystery and horrifying stories. After all, countless pets and humans went missing in the Whisper Forest...

As per usual, however, some lonely or courageous souls were still wandering around, taunting the Turkezillas. Of course, if you don't know where they reside, you can't possibly get hurt or kidnapped... or even eaten...

The Werecain was watching, purple eyes glittering behind the thick fog. "You sound like a brave soul," it spoke with a feminine voice, meaning this Saffron Werecain was a female. "You do know today is Thanks for Life Day, yes...? Some Turkezillas are rampaging as we speak." Suddenly, the purple eyes disappeared, and then reappeared nearby. This time, the Werecain's body was revealed. "I know where their nests are in this particular area." She smiled darkly, teeth glittering and ears pointing towards the sky in excitement. "The area is dangerous, so just a small fee will suffice for me to guide you to their nests..." Her tails started to wag with excitement, and the blades glittered as they cut through the fog. "It might sound scary, but don't worry... This forest is almost desolate. If anything happens, it won't be too dramatic... You might find something special, though. Ancient forests hide ancient relics..." she added with another wide grin, something flashing in her eyes. Could this Werecain be trusted...?

.:The Game:.
This is a lot like the Halloween Haunted Houses! This time, you are located in the vast, foggy Whisper Forest. Your guide, Drazenka, is offering to guide you in the forest for a small fee... But little do you know that she is going to leave you by yourself once you are deep inside the forest.

In this game, you might gain Keystones or even a very special pet... but you might also be struck by bad luck and lose some of your items (Potions, Toys, etc) or even some retired common pets, such as your previous Doom Kitty, or your rare Sky Serraptor... You might lose KS on your way out, or you might manage to get away free without gaining or losing anything, if lady luck is with you. There is no telling what luck will roll for you. Are you willing to take the risk?

.:How to Play:.
- To join, please begin by Role-Playing your pet meeting Drazenka, the Saffron Werecain.
- You will need to pay Drazenka an entry fee of 45KS.
- To complete your Risk, you will need to post 15 posts. This will refund your entry fee.
- After your entry post, please do not post again until Drazenka, your guide, replies. After which you may either stick with unfortunate companions (RP in a group), or you might decide to go solo (RP alone).
- Please only join when a slot is open. Once a slot is free (or slots, if a group finishes), you are free to join.
- Once you have reached 15 posts, please PM me (Shrewdberry).
- Once I receive a PM stating you are done, I will roll your result and tell you whether it is a gain or a loss.
- Once you receive your result, you may type your exit post.
- If you are entering the Extreme Version, you may not join this one.

.:Slots:.

1. Channi
2. ShadowStitches
3. MillietheWarrior
4. xLavenderKisses
5. Kat-Wolf
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: :.Risk of Thanks for Life Day! Docile Version.:

Postby Channi » 11/25/2010 1:50 AM

Calendre shivered as she pushed 45 keystones towards the Werecain's front paws. "There," she said softly. "Forty-five keystones. I'm ready to go, if you are." She took a deep breath, her purple eyes flicking to the dark forest behind the Saffron beast. "There's no risk of . . . death, is there?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper. "I'm a lot smaller than a Turkezilla."

{1/15; 6}

Cal ♀
Level: 2
Clickables || Zoo Pen || Character Profile
Channi
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 82
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/25/2010 3:18 AM

So it was that Holiday thing again. If you could speak of a holiday...Corey had his share of experience with those Turkezillas, and of course, he still was as dis-respectfull as can be. He glared at the Saffron Werecain with a mixture of played boredom, arrogance and...a litte spark of exitement he could not hide.  This did sound quite promising..."45 Ks you say?" he asked, scanning his opposite intensely. If she would try to run of with it, he would tear her to shreds..."Well, alright then, Girl" He handed over a bag of Keystones, still looking at her in a challenging way."get me to their nest...this better be good..." He threw Calendre a questioning look, wondering what she had to do here, given that she was rather small and obviously afraid...well, not his business.

Level: 5
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/25/2010 1:02 PM

[ I'm gonna start you guys off and then you're free to RP as you want. =3 ]

As visitors started to gather, Drazenka got even more excited. Only two visitors had showed up thus far; but she couldn't quite blame anything for the lack of participants. After all... Whisper Forest was hardly somewhere anyone would want to be. Except, maybe, for the ones who thought they were brave... or maybe just foolish. Heh. The Werecain grinned as she thought of that.

"Thank you very much," she thanked as she picked the little bags of Keystones, clicking together as she pulled the bags over to her. "Are you excited?" she asked, ignoring the Gyrraptor's foul character. Keeping her cool was the most important part; and playing as if everything would be fine was another. "Get ready for the experience of your life," she chuckled, heading off into the fog with the other two pets. Her first victims...

As they walked (for what felt like hours), she answered the Sygriff's question with a chuckle. "Heh, death? No, dear, you won't get eaten or ripped apart. I can promise you that. The nests of the Whisper Forest have long been deserted by the Turkezillas... They prefer nice places like Idalani Falls, where there are a lot of victims." She grinned again, tails wagging with excitement. "Of course... The Whisper Forest has its own victims too!"

Without any warning, the Saffron Werecain suddenly disappeared from view, either hiding in the fog or behind the trees. Either or, Corey and Calendre were now alone in the Whisper Forest, and nowhere near an exit. "Have fun finding your way out... if you ever do!" the Werecain barked from afar, a chuckle resonating before her voice completely vanished from the area. Her voice, along with the Gyrraptor's and Sygriff's money!

But beyond the trees nearby, was a small clearing... It appeared to be vacant... save for huge bird-like nests, which looked like they'd been abandoned several years ago. The Werecain had indeed lead them to the nests; but then again, she had never said she would guide them back!

Meanwhile, Drazenka had gone back to her spot, the 'entrance' to the 'game.' She was waiting for more gullible victims to pay her a visit...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Channi » 11/25/2010 2:10 PM

Cal took a deep breath as the Werecain began to lead the way into the foggy forest. Stretching her wings, she took off into the air, being careful not to crash into any trees as she kept pace with her larger companions. The Werecain began to reassure her, but she wasn't listening. Her Foresight trait was active, and she could see the yellow beast disappearing into the forest. She frowned, looking over her shoulder to see if she should go back, but she couldn't remember the way. Oh well. At least she was going to keep her word and bring them to the nests.

-x-o-x-o-x-

Cal landed on the cold ground as the Werecain disappeared into the night. Rolling her eyes, she skip-walked towards the clearing ahead, her eyes widening in anticipation. What would she find? Riches? Or an angry Turkezilla?

{2/15; 7}

Cal ♀
Channi
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/25/2010 2:53 PM

This sounded interesting. The Insonia wasn’t one for games. In fact, she was rather adverse to them herself. Spending most of her time babysitting children for her mistress, the very accurately, or inaccurately named Godzilla tended to be a bit leery of games and all things involved in them. She’d heard of the two events being played for the strange human custom of ‘Thanks For Life Day’ and she was intrigued, despite her aversion to any and all things game and fun related. Snorting, the twin heads decided it was better to be involved in a game that held the chance of obtaining something interesting, than in one that was done simply for the fun of it. Fun, as it was, was not her style. When she came upon the were Cain, she was, of course, not surprised that a creature like this was brave enough to venture out when Turkezillas were rampaging around the place. As it spoke, Godzilla reared one head back, while the other snapped at the air in annoyance. She had to pay? Well, she supposed 45 Ks wasn’t too much, after all, her master and mistress did have quite a bit of money. With the air of a longer-suffering sacrifice, her second, more hostile head, seemed to have a terrible coughing fit. She coughed up a bag of keystones, her long tongue depositing it on the ground in front of the Werecain. There. That should get her in.

[1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/25/2010 3:17 PM

Corey was not gifted with the foresee trait, and thus was baffeld that this stupid fur thing really ran of with their money. "Oh you've got to be freakin kidding me!" He snarled, and, without waiting another second, dashed a few meters after where her voice came from, before stopping short and growling loudly."Where are you, you filthy little thief..." he said, more to himself then to anyone, watching his breath forming small clouds, and feeling the fog slowly clinging to his feathers. There was no need to get even more lost then he already was, because chasing after a long gone Werecain... He narrowed his eyes, turned arround and slowly stalked towards the clearing, growling under his breath and leaving claw marks on the ground while he did so...
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/25/2010 7:36 PM

It was while she was wondering passively how the first two gullible victims were doing that a third one appeared. Drazenka's ears twitched as she noticed an Insonia coming over, admittedly a bit wary of the creature. They had been discovered recently, after all... Who knew what kind of power they hosted?

Still, that didn't scare the Saffron Werecain. She watched (carefully) as one of the Insonia's heads snapped at the air, while the one started to cough terribly, eventually coughing up a bag of KS. Even though that bag was being given to her in a such a fashion, the Werecain still grinned calmly at the Insonia. That didn't throw her off at all... Well, maybe just a little bit. She brought the little bag over and put it with the other two bags, before getting up and turning to the Insonia. "Not much of a talker, eh?" Drazenka mused, mostly to herself, since the Insonia didn't look like a talker. "If you would kindly follow me..."

As per the first victims, the Werecain lead Godzilla into the Whisper Forest, walking for what felt like hours. The fog got thicker as they walked deeper into the forest, until even the tree trunks were barely visible. To avoid getting caught by the other pets from earlier, Drazenka had taken a different path for Godzilla, although it lead to the nests as well. "Here we are, my quiet friend," the Werecain announced as they reached the clearing with nests bundled together, looking like they'd been abandoned years ago. "Now... have fun finding your way back!" And without any warning, the Werecain disappeared from her spot, slipping away into the fog to go back to her post, leaving the Insonia to fend for herself.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/25/2010 10:06 PM

The Insonia quietly followed the Werecain, not liking the titles or the looks given to her by the strange beast. She did not realize she was a ‘new species’ to them. As far as she knew, she’d been around for eons. It was just that no one had known about her until recently. To her, all other pets were new, not the other way around. Besides, she wasn’t that odd, was she? The two heads passed each other meaningful looks, both growling in faint annoyance. When the Werecain started to move, the Insonia followed dutifully, knowing this must be part of the ‘game.’ She did not speak, choosing instead to remain silent as the fog began to close in on them. Perhaps if she’d been anyone or anything else, that might have worried her. As it was, she merely snorted, finding the fog bothersome and troublesome. As they reached the nests, the Insonia regarded them carefully with her many eyes, one head watching the Werecain and the other the place she’d been taken quite warily. When the Werecain left her to fend for herself, Godzilla was neither surprised nor troubled. Quite the contrary, she had expected it. The giant lizard began forward, unafraid of the dangers that lurked ahead; she was confident enough in her own abilities to deal with what came along, although she’d never actually met a Turkezilla, so she had no idea how big they truly were. She traveled towards the nest, and, upon reaching one, sniffed it dubiously. How long had it been since these were visited, she wondered? Her tails lashed silently behind her; silently, that is, until it whipped about and destroyed half of a nest. Godzilla looked behind her, abashed. Oops.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/26/2010 1:17 PM

Her master, Lav, had heard about the Werecain guide leading creatures into the Whisper Forest. She had immediately jumped on the chance, and asked everyone in the cottage if they'd like to go, even poor Kiwi who looked absolutely terrified. She didn't even think for once what kind of dangers there may be in the Whisper Forest. She didn't even stop to consider the fact that the guide looked shady. Lav was just way too gullible; she'd believe you if you said you found a living dragonfly made of pure gold! After a few minutes of her pleading and cajoling, which Twi referred to as terrorism, the Fellox armed herself with her gear and walked out of the house, snatching the bag of keystones out of her master's hands. She was feeling sorry for little Kiwi after all.

Twi arrived on the edge of the forest, and already, wisps of fog surrounded her paws, almost like they were grabbing at her. It was okay though, she was all geared up; she learned to always bring weapons after her last experience in this damned forest. Just ahead of her, she spotted glowing, pink eyes. As she neared, the fog blew away, even though she felt no breeze. Twi looked around, wondering for a moment if more Werecains were going to jump out of nowhere and mug her. The thought was half amusing.

She met the Werecain's grin with a toothy smile of her own, before dropping the bag of keystones. I assure you there is exactly fourty-five keystones in the bag... Now, these nests... They better be good. She walked over to the edge of the trees expectantly, making sure the Werecain could see that she was armed; a subtle warning that she wasn't to be messed with.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby Channi » 11/26/2010 2:29 PM

Cal's long tail slid through the fog as she scuttled about the Turkezilla nests, poking at a few interesting spots with her paws. The rings on her limbs clinked as she moved, pausing every once in awhile to pull at something with her beak. Well, this didn't seem very interesting yet. But she had to find something. Maybe something shiny and pretty, something she could wear!

A crash made her jump and look up. She froze as her eyes locked onto a green, lizard-like beast not far in front of her. With a piercing shriek, she spun around and scrambled away, clumsily flapping into the air. Screaming all the way, she streaked towards the Venom Gyrraptor the had come into the forest with her, her paws and talons ready to cling to his feathery neck for protection.

{3/15; 8}

Cal ♀
Channi
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/26/2010 2:48 PM

Yet another victim came around, and while the presence of weapons unsettled Drazenka, the Werecain didn't let it show. Heh, was the Fellox going to try to mug her while Drazenka was guiding her? The Werecain thought it was a rather amusing, and ironic, image.

"Oh, but I certainly trust you," she replied when the Fellox assured the bag contained forty-five Keystones, not one less or one more. Drazenka put the bag next to the others, and got up to guide the Fellox, who wanted to clearly demonstrate that she was armed. Drazenka only grinned and said nothing of it, simply stepping inside the Whisper Forest to guide her new victim.

Once again, the Werecain took a different road, so that she wouldn't stumble upon the other pets. As per the other routes, this one also lead to the empty deserted nests. And as per with the other pets... "There we are, good friend... And now... I miss bid my farewell!" The Werecain once again slipped away, leaving Twi to fend off for herself, and so the Werecain could welcome a few more victims.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/26/2010 4:11 PM

The Insonia was busy surveying the damage her tail had unwittingly caused the nest behind her. So, of course, when the Sygriff snuck up on her, then ran away screaming, she was, understandably, startled. Her two heads swiveled around the watch the feathered tail disappearing into the distance. She snorted. Right. Well she wasn’t that scary, was she? Shaking her head in annoyance, she decided it was best if she ventured on the way the Sygriff had run. Perhaps they knew what was going on out here. She trundled after the Sygriff, rumbling in annoyance. “Come back,” she said finally, her voice a harsh, growling snarl. Yeah, that probably wouldn’t help her image much.

[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 8:45 PM

Kieta moved forward. She could hear the keystones as they tumbled in the bag, and she lifted her head higher, making sure the sack was firmly secured in her teeth. She tried to keep a calm composure, but, inside, she was terrified. Who knew what the deadly beasts did to passersby? Despite her outwardly tranquil image she was trying to keep up, she shuddered.

"45 keystones," she told the Werecain, uneasiness tugging at her heart. Somehow, she could feel that the canine was up to no good. Please let this be a good idea...
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/26/2010 9:01 PM

The Insonia didn’t get it. Where were the Turkezilla? Where was the adventure? Games were supposed to be fun, not empty. She frowned, growling as she continued on the path of the Sygriff. What now? The nests seemed old and decrepit. The Insonia had been told that on this day, the Turkezillas left their nests to pursue their victims. She had yet to meet one, but she was intrigued. What did they look like? She’d never met one. But then, she’d met very few pets here anyways. Curious, the Insonia continued following the Sygriff.

[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next