A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/26/2010 9:33 PM

The Fellox followed the Werecain, keeping an eye on her, and another eye on her surroundings, making sure no one actually did leap out of nowhere for her throat. She was being overly superstitious, but then again, it's always better to be safe than dead, right? Arriving at a cluster of huge nests behind the Werecain, she looked around in wonder. The nests were really big, and Twi can barely imagine a huge turkey-like creature. Wait, Turkezillas are turkey-like creatures, right? I wonder if they have rows and rows of sharp teeth... She immediately shook off the idea. She might or might not find out. The nests looked deserted enough. The Fellox leaned down to examine one of the nests, sniffing at it daintily, almost as if expecting some sort of revolting smell. All it smelled of was a faint smell of bird and dampness, probably from all the fog around her. Twi whirled around quickly when she heard the Werecain speak, but it was too late. The fog had long since closed in around the crafty guide, and there was nothing left to indicate what direction she even went towards.

Oh, mother of freaking baby lemons! Cupcakes! Except she didn't say lemons or cupcakes. Twi took a few steps towards the direction she thought she saw the mist swirl a little, but it was no use. The constant small breeze made it impossible. Resigned, she took another good look around the nests, looking for anything of interest. Except there was nothing. They were just normal nests made out of branches and old feathers. Except they were huge. Okay, so maybe they weren't all that normal. Knowing that Lav loved feathers, Twi found a nice one that wasn't ruined and secured it into her belt. It looked a little silly, but it's not like anyone would be around to see anyway.

Looking up, Twi tried to find any hint of the moon or even the stars to help her with directions, but that hopeless, too. Turning away from the nests, she set off at a random direction. It wasn't long until she bumped into something big and scale-y. With two heads.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Re: :.Risk of Thanks for Life Day! Docile Version.:

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/26/2010 10:57 PM

Corey's head snapped up when he heard Cal scream in terror. Just when he tried to get an overview of the whole situation, the small Sygriff flew towards him, obviously panicked. Before he could make out what exactly scared the girl so much, she literally crashed into him. He miscalculated her flying a little, obviously, thinking that she would fly over him, not into him...And that she was clinging to his neck was not helpfull either.

He stumbeled back a few meters, dazzeled from the impact, almost fell, and had the feeling that he was about to get suffocated by Cal. "Nrgh...leggo!" he choked out, not really conforting the girl much. He tried to get a a look at the reptile like creature while stumbling around a little, trying to still look as threatening as somehow possible.

"Stay back" he hissed at Godzilla , teeth bared. he never saw a creature quite like this. "Who are you?"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/26/2010 11:31 PM

Godzilla merely looked on in faint boredom, wondering why all creatures were so very…odd. One head continued to scan her surroundings, while the other head studied the Gyrraptor and the Sygriff. “I may go where I please,” she said simply, trundling forward a few more steps as if to prove her point. “I am Godzilla. An ungainly and wholesomely unfitting name, but my name nonetheless. I am a participant in this…challenge. I can assume you are the same.” She paused, as if weighing the risks of sticking with these two; she’d figure out who they were, and if they seemed like a threat, maybe she’d decide to try and eliminate them. “The same question I pose to you; who are you?”

[5]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/27/2010 12:10 AM

Twi instantly crouched defensively, her instincts kicking in, and looked for cover. She seemed hidden in the fog though, or at least the other creatures never happened to look her way. She eyed the Insonia and the other two creatures skeptically. They were probably all tricked into this by the Werecain as she was.

And then she giggled. She couldn't help it. The creature was named Godzilla. How could you not giggle at that? It wasn't like she was making fun of her - she assumed the creature was a her by her voice - or anything. She instantly clamped her mouth shut though, as she was technically hiding, still.

Whoops.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/27/2010 12:48 AM

Godzilla’s more alert head whipped towards the sound of the giggle. It snapped and snarled, angry at the sound. There was no way for her to know the creature was giggling at her name, but the instincts of the Insonia were all based in the more primal, silent head, the one that was more animal than civilized, and it did not appreciate being laughed at. Godzilla’s more intelligent head swung around to the fellox, and the other head watched the Sygriff and Gyrraptor; sometimes it was handing having quite a few sets of eyes. “And you would be? I assume you have a very, very good reason for laughing. Do you find me amusing, mammal?”

[6]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/27/2010 1:14 AM

The fur on her pelt rose on end, and Twi wanted to sink into the ground. As much as she wanted to seem calm and collected, having a big reptile with two heads snapping at you was quite unsettling, to say the least.

Of course not... she mumbled, eyes flicking between the Insonia's glowing mane and her many piercing yellow eyes. I was laughing at... at... Twi's words stumbled across each other. Her eyes left the creature interrogating her, looking for any plausible excuse. The feather was tickling me! she burst out. It was the first thing that popped into her head. This feather, I took for my master. From those empty nests. I'm quite ticklish, you see. Yes. Very much so.

And then she facepalmed herself mentally.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/27/2010 1:48 AM

The Insonia stared. And stared. And stared some more. She did not move, and instead, simply…just…stared at the Fellox. “A feather…” she said at last, snapping her jaws in faint annoyance. “Quite plausible. Where is this feather you speak of, and where did it come from? I am curious…did you take it from a Turkezilla? A little furry mammal like you could be no more than a snack for one of those creatures, for what I have heard. And on that matter, was this not supposed to be a dangerous game? I see no danger involved…Unless, of course, you count the danger you are in by trying my patience. Then perhaps the game is indeed more dangerous than I anticipated.” The second head growled loudly, swinging around to face the Fellox, then back to the Sygriff and Gyrraptor to snarl angrily. “Tell me, laughing furry creature, have you met these decidedly elusive Turkezillas? Or is your information as limited as your excuses?”

[7]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/27/2010 2:24 AM

But I do have a feather. she protested. She even pulled it out of her belt with her teeth to wave it around. Carefully of course; her master was OCD, and even the smallest bend would probably bother her. She then shrank back, scared that maybe she spoke a little too loudly, or was a little too disrespectful. Twi thought about telling the Insonia that she did indeed fight a Turkezilla and taken the feather from the dead body as a trophy. Only briefly, though. She knew the creature in front of her would never buy it. The nests. Discarded feathers, probably, she answered. Twi shifted under the Insonia's gaze, and decided that answering her question would probably buy her some time before... whatever happened. I heard that they all left the area. I don't think anyone really knows where they are.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/28/2010 3:27 PM

Corey narrowed his eyes slightly. Not enough that this Sygriff was still dangeling on his neck, making it hard to stand and harder to breath, no, that strange Insonia-thingy or whatever, and the fellox got all caught up
in a discusion about feathers..pathetic. He snorted loudly, trying to catch their attention.
"As interisting this whole conversation might be, could we please come back to the real problem that is that we are stuck in a freakin misty forest?" his voice grew louder and more angry with every word. He glared at them,hissing annoyed. "I doubt that we find anything of interest here, everything is abadoned, and the Turkezillas most likely took all the treasures they might had  with them..."  At least that was what he thought. He shook his head in annoyance "Would you please let go now?!" He snarled at Cal, now getting siriously irritated. "I'm Corey by the way..."
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/28/2010 4:38 PM

“Lovely,” the Insonia intoned dryly, looking more annoyed than before. She turned to regard the Gyrraptor with a withering look, her second head hissing angrily. “So we are alone, in a maze of a forest, lost, and unable to find our way out. Not to mention I have the misfortune of having run into you three.” She gave a self-suffering sigh, looking ruffled and displeased. “Very well. If there is nothing here to challenge me, then I will find my way out of the forest on my own. You may come with me if you like. Just don’t bother me. Or, you can stay here and wait for the Turkezillas to return. Your choice.” She turned and began forward, the feral head watching carefully behind her to see what their choice would be as she carefully moved between the nests and deeper into the shrouded forest.

[8]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

78 - 6

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/28/2010 5:53 PM

At the sound of another voice, Twi peeked around the Insomnia - quite a feat, if you must know - and saw the two creatures she had seen before, the poor Sygriff still hanging onto the poor Gyrraptor. She exhaled in relief. Having an Insomnia hover over her wasn't the best experience. Well... she muttered while looking around, debating her choices. Alone in a foggy forest with no directions equals not fun. With a big scale-ly creature with two heads in a foggy forest with no directions equals not fun either. At least with a big scale-ly creature with two heads, Twi wouldn't have to worry about having creatures attacking her from out of nowhere. Might as well go, she thought to herself. She walked past the two other creatures, cocked a head in a question and shrugged, and followed the Insomnia into the fog.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/29/2010 12:13 PM

It took a while for the Werecain to come back this time around, but when she did, another victim appeared shortly after. Drazenka grinned mischievously at the Verdure Yonyuu, taking the bag of Keystones that had been handed over to her. The little pile of money was starting to pile up... And so did the number of corpses, most likely, heh. "Thank you," she thanked Kieta, teeth showing and tails swishing. "If you would follow me, for the experience of your life..."

For what seemed like hours and hours of walking, the Werecain guided the Yonyuu through the Whisper Forest, the fog getting thicker as they walked. Eventually, they came upon the familiar clearing, with the nests still as old and abandoned as ever. Drazenka could hear some voices from far away, which she assumed were the voices of her previous victims. Well, hey, at least they were still alive! "If you get too scared..." she started, turning to the Yonyuu with a smirk, "... you can join those other lost guys!" Without any warning, the Saffron Werecain disappeared from Kieta's view, leaving the Yonyuu alone in the depths of the Whisper Forest...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/29/2010 6:39 PM

With every step, the Yonyuu grew more and more apprehensive. The fog seemed to intertwine with the forest, melding into the damp leaves and grasses, indistinguishable as it wove through the branches of still, silent trees. She shivered, desperately trying to keep her calm composure, but failing miserably. Her thick tail grew even larger as her fur began to puff up, and it began to float downwards, not quite between her legs, but almost. There was no doubt-- she was afraid of the mysterious woodlands and its dangerous inhabitants.

Why did I volunteer to do this again?

Before any more misgivings twirled their way into her imagination, the Werecain spoke, frightening Kieta quite a bit. She jumped slightly at the feminine voice, startled. The smirk. She should have known to just sprint back in the direction she had come from right then an there. Nope, never, under any circumstances, trust a smirk. It'll always end badly.

But her guts weren't with her today, and she just didn't have the audacity nor the reflexes to turn back. Besides, it was too late now; her guide had vanished into the mists, leaving her utterly and completely alone.

Alone. The word frightened her.

C'mon, Kieta, keep your head... The Yonyuu swiveled her head in the direction of voices, her ears pricked. I suppose the group would be a good place to start... The female padded forward, slinking low to the ground, not wanting to attract any attention to herself as she waited in the bushes.

It appeared that a Blossom Sygriff was clinging desperately to a snarly Venom Gyrraptor's neck, while an Insonia-- a rather scary one, at that-- and a Void Fellox were talking with the pair. The Verdure Yonyuu waited silently, debating whether or not to confront the group or not.

Well, better now than never... The canine-like creature revealed herself from the foliage, body low, trying to be as least threatening as possible. "Er... hi. I'm Kieta. I take it you all were abandoned out here, too?"
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/29/2010 10:53 PM

The Insonia snorted. “Of all the mammals, you are the one that chooses to follow me. Isn’t this my lucky day,” she  intoned dryly, swishing her long tail in annoyance. Then, the bushes beside her rustled, and the Insonia made an impressive leap away, her feral head snarling viciously. She hadn’t expected another mammal to appear, especially not form the bushes. She’d been expecting a Turkezilla, but another nuisance? “Oh for the love of- Fine. Another furred annoyance to deal with. I’m Godzilla, if you must know.”

[9]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

79 - 7

Postby xLavenderKisses » 11/30/2010 5:40 AM

Twi had to grin at Godzilla's sarcastic comment, though she still felt wary of the large reptile. There are worse creatures to be stuck with, I assure you, she retorted, unable to hold back her tongue. This was like the casual banter she and her family and friends had at home. It made her feel a little bit better about being stranded in a freaking fog overridden forest with a bunch of strangers.

Freaking mushrooms! yelled Twi when a creature suddenly stepped out of the bushes. The sound came so suddenly, she even forgot that she had her weapons with her, much less even thought about using them. The fog was muffling every sound and made it almost impossible to hear anything until it was only a few metres away.

After the initial shock, Twi managed to see that the creature wasn't a bloodthirsty Turkezilla looking for a late night snack. She regarded the Yonyuu for a moment. She liked Yonyuus; her best friend is one, after all. And besides, it would be nice to have someone nice to talk to. So Twi stepped towards crouching canine and said, I suppose you were left here by that shrewd Werecain, too, eh? I'm Twi.

(So Canadian, eh? 8D)

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext