A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: :.Risk of Thanks for Life Day! Docile Version.:

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/06/2010 2:31 AM

Corey's immidiate reaction to the Turkezilla was to duck on the nest and not move for a few seconds,
before he stood up again to slowly snuck closer to the fighting scene. The short...well it really was no real fight, but lets call it 'showing off' between Godzilla and the Bird really was impressive, and even he would have backed away. It wasnt just the size of the Imsonia, it was the fact that she had two heads. Even a stupid thing like the Turkezilla was instinctually smart enough to not mess with that kind of an oponend.

But, the Turkezilla was quick to find an other target. He watched in shock as Twi was not running away, but
apperently trying to face off against the beast. If she tried to run, he was sure she could escape....Turkezillas
where fast, yes, but a agile creature like a Fellox should be able to outrun it with relative ease.  //Come on girl, dont just stand there!!// He could almost see the very unpleasant scene hat was almost certanly about to happen infront of his eyes already, and made a decision. He snuck closer with great speed, before agressively screetching "Hey! Face-ache!" And pouncing at it.

the Turkezilla slowed down and turned towards the source of noise, only to be hit by something light, but certainly pointy at the back. It yelped surprised and turned arround to get a glimpse of what was at
its back, Now howling angrily. Corey dealt little damage to the female, only really scratching over her with his frontclaws, before he was thrown of by a particulary violent move of the Turkezilla. He landet a few feet away from her, stumbeled, but regained his footing and jumped back some steps hissing viciously at the beast.
He learned from his last...meeting with one of these guys, that they where very bad at multitasking. So if someone distracted it infront of it, it wouldnt be good in seeing or fighting an opponend that was sneaking up from behind it. He hoped that the others would try and help him out, otherwise he would at least have a rather big problem getting away from the beast. Attacking it frontally was no option at all, and it was closing in pretty fast. He still mocked her, jumping back and to the side quickly, and half heartedly slashed at her
with his frontclaws to at least keep the head at distance.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/06/2010 3:34 AM

“Face-ache?” Godzilla repeated, watching the scene with a hint of amusement. She supposed she could run the beast off if she really wanted. And…well, it did look deliciously edible, come to think of it. Perhaps a little snack wouldn’t hurt. But then, she didn’t really have time for that, now did she? With a grunt, she trundled forward, a low growl rumbling in her chest as she did so. The Turkezilla was too preoccupied with its current quarry to bother worrying about the others. As she advanced, the Insonia reared both heads back,. And sank her fangs into it’s legs, pulling them out from under her, and knocking it off balance. The Turkezilla shrieked in pain, stumbling to the ground. It rolled over, slashing at the Insonia in desperation, to which she responded by releasing it. With a squawk, it took off in the bushes to hide until the frightful beast was leaving. But that didn’t mean it was anywhere near gone. Perhaps it would come back later. Godzilla looked at the furry creatures and the Gyrraptor, and snorted.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

83-11

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/06/2010 3:42 AM

The idea of running away didn't even occur to Twi, so she just braced herself for the Turkzilla's charge. She was bewildered when she turned away, though, and even more surprised when she saw Corey attacking the Turkzilla. She hadn't seen the Gyrraptor since they were looking through the nests. The Turkzilla drawfed the poor Gyrraptor so easily that Twi had a sense of complete horror. Then Godzilla came to the rescue! Twi, too,with growl as ferocious as she could manage, tried to help out. She leaped onto the Turkzilla's turned back and dug her battle claws into her feathers.

She felt a weird sense of relief mixed with elation as the feathered beast ran off into the fog. They won! And she didn't die! Take that you ugly chicken! she called out, into the fog.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/06/2010 6:38 PM

Kieta froze in mid-dig, her eyes suddenly wide with fear as a terribly familiar smell reached her nostrils. The Yonyuu turned slowly, afraid of what might lurk in the foliage, her entire body shifting in some what of a clockwise motion.

And there is was-- the massive beast, a giant bird... thing, with rays of sharp teeth and piercing claws. Letting out a squeal, she stumbled backwards, tripping over a few nests while she was at it. The dirt collected all over her belly and rump as she struggled to get back up, incredibly fearful as the disgusting creature made a run for her and Twi.

A much unanticipated opponent came between the two, and Kieta gasped, cowering in the filthy muck. Corey seemed dwarfed by the Turkezilla's mass of muscle and feathers-- he couldn't possibly win, could he? Heart pounding, the Yonyuu watched, with an increasing feeling of dread rising upon her.

Ah, but here came Godzilla! The canine practically collapsed with relief as the avian fled, leaving the group in peace. Its scent had not yet evaporated from the area, and... as foolhardy it might have been, Kieta felt the need to search those last few nests...

No, she told herself firmly, glancing at the sites with slight longing. Stop being greedy. You're really pushing your luck...

"Thanks,"
she responded, still quite shaken by the event. Her paws trembled as she padded forward, unsure of what to do next.

[5 - 2.0]

(Aw, I go to sleep and I miss all the action D: )
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

84-12

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/06/2010 7:06 PM

Twi looked over at the Yonyuu and grinned, I usually wouldn't exactly approve of looking for danger, but wasn't that exciting? She looked around, assessing everyone for injuries or whatnot. She only had that narrow scratch on her side; it was shallow and it wasn't even bleeding anymore. Kieta looked alright, besides the face that she was so shaken she could barely stand. Remembering the Gyrraptor, she quickly padded over to him and sniffed him for wounds. Hey, kiddo, you alright there? Thank, by the way.

(( XD Don't worry. The Turkzilla is still hiding in the bushes ~ And now that Godzilla's gone, we'll be in even more trouble o3o;; ))

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/07/2010 3:10 AM

Corey stood a little away from the group, panting slightly and throwing an concerned look over at the  bushes. He had the bad feeling that this might not be over just now, and he certainly had no intention to stay here much longer then somehow nescessary. Yes, he was a fighter at heart, and he actually enjoyed fighting, but this female really was a bulk, and he also knew when to back away.

Looking back at the group, the first thing that really bothered him was that Godzilla trundeled away, now almost out of sight of the clearing. Sure, he could not blame her, but they really would have to teamwork now, should this thing attack again. He did not like it, but it was a fact that he most likely would have at least been siriusly injured if the Insonia had not helped in the fight. The other seemed to be alright too. Twi had a little scratch on her side, and Kieta seemed to be in mild shock. He had no idea where the small Sygriff was, probably hiding somewhere.

Before he could think about it any longer tho, Twi came over to him. He was surprised by the fact that someone actually cared for him who he barely knew, and stood there stiffly, only grumbeling lowly. He
did not like too much sympathy, but was too irritated to really do anything. "I'm fine" He simply said, his voice sounding a little harsher then he wanted.The 'Kiddo part also irritated him, given that he actually was an adult, but...well, he looked rather young...he could get upset over that later... He really got away without any major injuries, the only thing that  came into sight was a small scratch over his right nostril and lip. He tilted his head towards the bushes again. "I think we really should get going..."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

85-13

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/07/2010 3:39 AM

Twi was surprised at the tone of his voice, and stepped back involuntarily, though his comment made her think about the more pressing things. She nodded in agreement to his suggestion. She couldn't see any sign of movement nearby, but she couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was looking at them still. Twi turned in a slow circle, looking for any indication of direction. I can't see anything. This dratted fog doesn't help, either. I can't smell anything at all. The fact that a Turkzilla even showed up bothered her. Twi didn't really think they'd be around after the whole thing about them moving away and whatnot.

The female Turkzilla watched the furry creatures with a gleam in her eyes. The big scale-y creature had gone. Where, she didn't care. Her brain wasn't wired in the way that would even make her think about things like that. She had one focus: food. Now, the four stood, lost, in the clearing like little ducklings with no defense, almost begging to be eaten.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/07/2010 9:35 PM

The Yonyuu felt uneasiness tug at her senses, and, of course, it didn't hurt that the fog seemed to blanket every possible means of escape. She really wanted to look in the nests, she really did... but survival was more important right now. Right?

"...Yeah..." replied Kieta, her tail still quivering between her legs. The canine eyed the nests with a sense of greed, but quickly pushed the desire away. They couldn't afford that now; she had an awful, wrenching feeling that the Turkezilla was not quite gone.

"But..." The female looked around with a sense of dread, the mist muddling in her senses and rendering her practically helpless. She took a whiff, but all she could discern was wet, cool ground, dirty and damp. She shook her head, trying to clear her nostrils, but to no avail.

But that monster was still out there, whether she could smell her or not-- she was sure of it.

"Yeah, we need to get out..." began Kieta once more, eyeing the bushes fearfully. "But... um... how do we do that?"

[6 - 2.2]

((I'm so behind on my post number D: ))
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/08/2010 3:05 AM

He tilted his head uneasily, still keeping the bushes where the Turkezilla went through in his eyes.
That darn fog really was not making anything easier. he blinked slightly, before answering.
"Well seriously guys, we are lost anyway, arent we? lets just...get away from the clearing
first. The Forest itself is much safer for us then a huge open space, and we...well if we keep
walking, we have to get somewhere.. "
He ended. That was perfectly showing his attitude.
just go for it without much of a plan, it has to lead to one thing or another. If not...well, he usually got angry.He slowly began to stalk towards the other side of the clearing, looking at them over his shoulder
"I do believe that we came from over there...possibly." oh, this was just brilliant.
He just hoped that the others would follow him. If they split up, they where a even more easy target.

The Turkezilla shifted her weight without a sound, slowly sneaking towards the clearing and sideways, as there was some movement in the group. She used every advantage that she had now, tensing the heavy muscles of herbody. her Legs still hurt, but she was blending out the pain.Just when they reached half of the way towards the other side of the clearing, she went in for her next move.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/08/2010 5:51 PM

"Yeah, I guess your right," agreed Kieta, the greed for the nests soon wearing off as imminent danger began to make itself present. If you listened hard enough, you could just hear a tiny bit of rustling in the bushes... Shaking off feelings of fear, she spoke up again, her voice quivering slightly. "Her size would play a disadvantage in the trees, and we sure as heck could blend in easier..." The mist unsettled her. She was blind in the swirling fog, helpless as an infant, left as bird feed. Shuffling her paws in an awkward manner, she followed willingly, wanting to get out of the deathtrap as soon as possible.

A flicker of eyes in the underbrush caught the canine's attention, and she bit back a scream. In the bravest voice she could muster, she started a sentence. "Guys... I think..."

The scream that her vocal chords had been so willing to keep prisoner now broke free as the avian rampaged out of the bushes, and Kieta's wings instinctively unfurled from her back, ready to take flight. "Run!" she shrieked, her feathers ruffling as she shifted her wings, letting the air catch under them. She wouldn't abandon the group-- the Yonyuu would only fly when they ran, and would stay within close proximity. She'd try and keep the Sygriff safe.

[7 - 2.4]
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

86-14

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/08/2010 11:46 PM

Twi stood still, listening and watching the surroundings while the others spoke about finding a way out. Having a giant turkey catch her unawares was bad enough, a repeat would just be stupidity on their part. When Kieta screamed, she spun around; she had been looking the other way. She knew the Sygriff and the Yonyuu could just fly out of danger - she was pretty sure the Turkzilla wouldn't be able to fly with all that mass. Quickly, she nudged the Gyrraptor up and started to run. The thought of fighting the thing had entered her mind, but seeing the panic in everyone, or at least the Yonyuu, Twi knew they didn't have a chance in the world.

The Turkzilla snarled in annoyance when one food screamed and alerted the others. It didn't stop her pursuit though, and dashed out into the open. She decided to go for the food-without-wings. They would be easier to catch.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/09/2010 8:57 PM

MillietheWarrior:

Within the forest, some noises could be heard. There was the rustling of bushes, and the songs of the owls. Amongst the trees of the Whisper Forest, a strange pet was lurking. With its bright colors, the strange Choopa stood out a lot... But it wasn't afraid of the Turkezillas, or of any other pet, nope. However, it did look lost, all alone, and blinded by the fog. It seemed fairly young, too, so maybe it had been separated from its mother...? Those Turkezillas were rampaging, so hopefully the poor child hadn't been a victim of the monsters.

As it observed a small group of pets, its eyes caught the sight of an Insonia... What an intriguing creature! Without thinking too much about it, the Choopa made its way towards Godzilla, unaware of everything else that was happening at the moment.

[ With that, you're free to leave, Millie! Your pet was sent by PM, hope you enjoy. C: ]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/09/2010 9:53 PM

Kieta took to the air, dodging branches and limbs as the fog mercilessly blinded her, leaving her absolutely devoid of any sight whatsoever. The Yonyuu flew low, just below the treetops and damp leaves, a few droplets of water splashing onto her as her wings breached their perimeter. She could vaguely make out the shapes of the two landlocked creatures below her, and heard a horrifying snarl. Of course. Being chased.

"Weave in and out of the trees!" she called desperately, quickly ducking as a low-lying limb barred her passage. "You'll confuse her; she's too big, not as agile as you two!" Turkezillas weren't very agile... were they? There was no way they could maneuver through fog and underbrush with that thick body... at least, not the way a Fellox or Gyrrpator could... right?

The female swooped, her claws practically skimming the grasses, as yet another branch appeared out of the white blanket. Blockages were literally flying a her from just about every direction, and it was hard to stay concentrated on where you were going when the lives of two pets were on the line below you. The bird was gaining on them... Kieta didn't dare look back and possibly ram into a tree trunk, but she could hear the twigs and debris snap beneath her claws, her feet merciless towards the fallen foliage. The Yonyuu panted heavily, never feeling such an adrenaline rush in her life.

[8 - 2.6]
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

87-15

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/10/2010 1:42 AM

Panting hard, Twi ran. It was the fastest she had ever ran in her life. The forest didn't make it easier either; she have to weave between trunks, jump over logs, and duck under fallen branches. It almost felt like the trees themselves were trying to slow her down with their debris. She didn't dare look back either; if she did, she would crash into something for sure. And get eaten. That would be bad. Not that Twi really had to anyway; the snarling behind her was motivation enough to run for her life. Seeing a dense patch of trees ahead, she shouted, Those trees! The thing won't be able to get through! With a last burst of strength, she pushed herself faster. For a moment, she was afraid that she wouldn't be able to get through the narrow opening between trunks, but thankfully, it was wide enough for her shoulders. Safety.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/10/2010 3:19 AM

Corey dashed through the woods. the crashing sounds behind him where evidence enough to him that the Turkezilla still was unconfortably close behind them. The fog really was taking its tribute. The Gyrraptor
was a forest dwelling animal, and thus used to navigate through that kind of terrain, but with him not being able to see very far, he had his problems to not smash into anything himself. He threw a fast look towards Twi,who was shouting something about the trees. His eyes narrowed when she barely made it through the gap, and faltered inwardly. the Fellox was thinner then him, if only a little. He could almost see himself stuck between the trees, and as amusing that would be normally, the more fatal it would be now.

In the last moment, he turned sharp right and rushed away into that direction. the Turkezilla had less luck, she slithered into the trees, a loud, ugly crashing sound followed, and the female screeched in anger and pain.
Twi was in safety for now, and he at least got quite a few meters between him and the beast. He now was
the main priority of the turkezilla, and that was something no one really liked. He pushed his body to run even faster, but he could guarratee that he would not be able to keep this pace for long. Fighting was even more out of the question then before, he would need to get some sort of retreet too. He now zig zagged through the trees, trying to confuse the Turkezilla. He tilted his head a little hearing that the screeches and snapping of branches was getting dimmer. That was good for once, but also alarming. She wouldnt give up that easily, no? He reduced his tempo, now trying to find Kieta above him while navigating arround the trees. "Can you see her?" he called up at The Yonyuu, not daring to stop. this could very well be another ambush, and he
would not be stupid enough to hold still.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext