A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Searching for a Monster (Self)

Postby Thunder » 11/25/2010 12:29 PM

ImageImageImage

Kimara shivered from the cold and fear. She pressed closer to Sparrow, who had an equally anxious expression on his face. He gazed down at her and extended his wing in a protective gesture, trying to smile despite his nervousness. The only one in the trio who didn't seem to be afraid was the angel girl with dark, purple-tinted wings, and she was grinning in excitement.

"Do you really think we'll find a Baskerville here?" Sparrow whispered to Theta, the fallen angel.

"Of course we will," Theta snapped, the smile vanishing from her face momentarily. "If His Darkness says so, then it must be so." Sparrow, Theta, and Kimara had been sent to the Whisper Forest to search for a Baskerville that would be of use in their Lord Kuro's army. But so far, they saw nothing.

"Perhaps we should split up," Theta continued, "and then our chances of finding one would be higher. Or..." She leered at the white-winged angel and the human girl. "Are you both too scared to do that?"

"W-well..." Kimara stammered.

"Why are you afraid, Sparrow? The human girl has the power to control beasts with her mind. Surely you two would be fine on your own."

"That doesn't mean she can control them one hundred percent of the time," Sparrow sighed. "She can only hold up her concentration for so long, and Baskervilles are dangerous..." Theta sneered and turned away.

"W-wait!" Kimara called, extending an arm towards Theta. The fallen angel looked at her again.

"What?!"

"I'll take your advice." Sparrow's eyes widened.

"Kimara! Are you sure?" The girl nodded.

"It would probably be faster, as Theta said..." she replied. Sparrow knew he could not change her mind, and he reluctantly agreed.

"It's settled then," Theta said. "I'll search to the east and you to the west. We must meet back here by eight at night. Understand?" Without waiting for their answer, the fallen angel girl took off into the woods, leaving the two among the mists and trees.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Searching for a Monster (Self)

Postby Thunder » 11/25/2010 12:43 PM

ImageImage

Little did the group know that they were being followed.

"Look!" Iliad hissed, his blue eyes narrowing at the space between the tree branches. "They're separating!" He pointed a finger at Theta, who vanished deeper into the forest, and Robin smiled at the sight.

"That's good," she breathed. "That helps a lot." But then she frowned. "I'm not sure what to do though."

"Really?" Iliad gasped, his expression turning into one of mock alarm. "I thought you never had a hard time making choices, Robin!" Robin growled and leered at her companion, who grinned sheepishly.

"Seriously though," she hissed, "what will we do? We can fight them and knock them out. I'd rather go for Theta in that case, since I really don't want to hurt brother." She gazed at Sparrow, who was comforting Kimara with a hug. "At the same time, I want to convince Sparrow and Kimara to join our side, but that takes up time, and we might lose Theta's trail. She's by far the most dangerous one here."

"Then you go and talk to your brother! I'll run after Theta."

"Are you sure? You know the rumors about her cruelty, and it's probably dangerous for you to tackle her alone..." Iliad chuckled at this.

"Heh, so you're worried about me! Maybe I'll accompany you then." Robin gave him a solid punch on the shoulder. "Ow!"

"Shut up, you! I'm not joking here! Go and chase Theta if you want. It's probably more efficient, but you have to be careful, alright? If things get too tough then send the signal." She gestured towards the magic arrows Iliad was carrying on his back in a quiver. Iliad nodded before taking off quietly from the tree branch.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate