A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Scared of the Dark [P, Celtic]

Postby Celtic » 12/21/2010 5:14 PM

The hunter grinned at her. So she was brave, was she?

Well maybe that would be a little more fun. After all, chasing things was fun, but not nearly as fun as listening to this little creature try to insult him. His ego was bigger than that, he knew that they were just jealous they couldn't be of such pedigree and such fame as his race. Hunters stood above the rest as he was concerned. Nothing would change that. Not even some crap talking ferrikoon.

He flashed his teeth at the ferrikoon, although they didn't look like teeth persay, just pointy extensions of his jaw because they were of the same stone he was.

[8]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/22/2010 6:51 PM

Cedar's eyes widened in mock fright as the hunter showed her his teeth. "Ooh, so scary. Please don't eat me, Mr. Kitty." she held up her paws as if in surrender and then held one out. "Bite me." she dared, her eyes turning to little green slits. She waited challenging this guy that had attacked, chased, and really annoyed her. Cedar wasn't sure on anything, especially whether he would bite her or not. She was ready, though. Checking his position and seeing any changes in body language. One hint that he would go for her she'd be gone.

All the while Cedar was thinking this Alana was screaming at her inside that head of theirs. Which was strange since Alana never raised her voice at anyone, not even Cedar. She didn't get angry. But Alana wasn't angry, she was scared. really scared. She'd turn tail and flee the first chance she got, but Cedar wasn't budging on her grip.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2010 8:26 PM

Oh, so she was really tough now, was she? He wasn't stupid, maybe vain, but definitely not stupid. He knew that if he even tried she was going to skitter away, taunting him again. Okay, so maybe it bugged him a little bit, but he also wanted to turn the whole situation around by making her look like the idiot. So, he did was he did best, he waited.

Well not really, more like two or three seconds, but hey, for Him it was a very long time. But in a quick motion, He moved a little closer, just inching his head out. Quick enough to have some form of intention, but slow enough he wouldn't actually attempt to bite her. After all, he hated getting Ferrikoon fur in his teeth. S'why he hadn't tried to eat her yet.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/23/2010 2:25 PM

Cedar kept up her glare, her eyes boring into him, daring him to even attempt to harm her. The only reason she could think of for him to wait was that he was scared, which made her smirk. Cedar was a hard nut to crack, she didn't make mistakes, or rarely did. It was hard to make her slip up, impossible probably. If she did happen to slip up, she'd ignore it, making you look like the idiot.

He moved and she jumped. Not away, exactly, but over him. Using his muzzle as a spring board she leaped over his head and onto his back. Once there she dug her claws in, a little viciously maybe. He was made of rock so she thought she couldn't do too much. Alana had quieted and was waiting for it to be over.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/23/2010 3:41 PM

This little gal was just full of tricks, wasn't she. The hunter was a bit surprised to feel her jump off his nose, but not much. Sure he grunted from the sudden weight, but He was still no more harmed than before. But still, he couldn't help but to chuckle at the little thing. Attempting to best him at a game he had played many a time when he was younger. It was a fickle game, one that was rigged so the smallest would win. It was a game of agility to him, something the hunter knew the ferrikoon was more apt with.

"Would you mind hopping off my back? You've scratched my coat up quite enough and already its going to cost a fortune to repair." The hunter's voice cracked a bit from not using it, but it was quite regal, gentlemanly even. If the children back home were here they would have flipped at the fact he was talking. He smirked, talking in his mind was something only to be done when actions couldn't describe what you wanted.

[10]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/26/2010 11:08 PM

Cedar was just about to release all her fury on the hunter, when he spoke. This took her completely off guard and she was only able to mutter one little thing before Alana took control. "It speaks." she mumbled. Alana flew to the nearest tree and settled on the lowest branch. "Why'd you attack me if you didn't want to get hurt?" her ears twitched curiously and her voice contained none of the anger Cedar's had.

Alana was a generous soul, barely able to hurt a fly, but that didn't mean Cedar couldn't. She was sweet, caring, compassionate, etc. You really couldn't help but love her. She did everything to get on everyone's good side.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/28/2010 9:55 PM

Crap. Just because he spoke once, didn't mean he was going to make a habit of conversation. Although, he supposed that one would have to speak at times like these... He growled to himself. He did not enjoy talking. The vibrating in his throat when he spoke was simply uncomfortable and it just wasn't a sensation he had ever liked. Not since he began to talk, and most definitely not now. But he really didn't have much of a choice. He had to speak to respond to this child, who seemed changed, a little more reasonable. Less violent for some reason.

"Well my dear, I was simply bored. I enjoy giving critters spooks or chasing them around. Its just something I enjoy doing. I didn't plan to attack you, if you don't recall, you lept on me. And well, hunter's are not known for their forgiving disposition." He was just full of contradictions. He hated speaking, but when he did, he dragged it out and used multiple words. Maybe his head just wasn't screwed on tight enough to understand that if he didn't like talking, to make the times he did talk, short.

[11]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/29/2010 1:18 AM

Even though Cedar wanted to rip this guy's face off, and she really wanted to, Alana kept a tight grip. No more fights that night if she could help it, and usually Alana's word was law just because Cedar had too much of a heart to fight her about it. "That's not very nice." she commented. Alana was confused on why this creature would like to spook a little thing like her out on a peaceful night walk. It didn't make sense to her.

"But you came at us." Cedar had attacked him, yes, but only in defense really. This hunter had started chasing her and to keep them from getting eaten Cedar had scratched him up a little, and now he was saying he was completely innocent of giving her the fright of her life?

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/08/2011 3:58 PM

Sigh. They really wanted to drag on this conversation, didn't they? All he really wanted to do now was get on home so he could take a nice long cat nap and get his coat all nice and fixed up. But sadly, they were curious and wanted answers. Oh, he should have just left the little furball when he had the chance.

"Child, I never said I was nice. In fact I'm fairly certain I'm mean with no intention of being nice to you silly little creatures. And besides, you never had to attack me. I never made any move to eat you, or even scratch you. I simply was looking to chase you. And for all you know, I could have just forgotten something that way and was running to fetch it. It would do you some good to have a little sense of diplomacy. Violence is not always the answer." The hunter said quite calm and clearly, if not having quite the dismissive attitude. He really did want to be gone.

[[I'm so sorry it took so long :/ 12]]]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/09/2011 2:11 PM

Alana couldn't even hear her thoughts Cedar was cursing so loud. Seriously, Alana thought she was going to go brain deaf or something and was starting to get a headache. She could barely focus on what the hunter was saying. "That...wasn't even my idea. Cedar was the one who attacked you." she was rubbing her temples to try and get the pain away. Alana didn't want to end up screaming at Cedar, she felt like her brain would explode if they both started screaming.

Cedar was clawing at Alana's hold and she could feel the other weakening. Screaming really was a good way to distract. If Alana's will broke that hunter wasn't going to have just a few scratches.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous