A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Scared of the Dark [P, Celtic]

Postby clackno1 » 12/07/2010 5:38 PM

"Cedar, you know I hate the dark." Alana whined. She crawled along the tree branch, using her little claws to cling to the rough bark. Leaves rustled in the dark and the wind made strange noises, making the Hollow Ferrikoon jump and cling to the branch above, her wings flapping desperately. "Would you calm down, there's nothing out here." a harsher voice came from the same mouth. Cedar frowned and looked around, hopping back down to the first branch they had started from. She enjoyed nighttime walks even if Alana didn't.

She crawled to the end of the branch and jumped to the nearest tree, using her four wings to make the leap a little longer so she would reach the branch with ease. "Aren't you afraid something will catch us?" Alana looked around with wide eyes, searching for moving shapes in the shadows. The darkness made everything blend together, though, and she could barely see a thing. "No." Cedar said bluntly. Please, like she would be afraid of the dark. There wasn't anything out there, anyway. Just some leaves and a little wind.

(So Alana's speech will be bold and Cedar's will be orange just to try and avoid confusion x3)

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Re: Scared of the Dark [P, Celtic]

Postby Celtic » 12/07/2010 5:57 PM

Or so they (she?) thought.

The hunter began his stroll by himself, completely alone- the way he liked it. That place He stayed in was just getting crowded and people kept trying to get him to answer questions, didn't they understand he just didn't want to speak to them? Ugh. Stupid idiot people. Just couldn't get enough of Him it seemed.

Okay, so he was a bit of an egotistical jerk, but at least He had remained mute for his entire life, that way, no one really had to know. He could just be the brooding hot kid everyone was afraid of. That was in fact, something he quite prided himself on. But every now and then, he did enjoy a bit of fun. Which is where those two bumbling, loud, noisy, annoying idiots came into play. At least, he thought there were two.

He heard them coming near the beginning of his stroll, something he didn't really like, so he just simply ignored it. But then they just wouldn't. go. away! It was really starting to bug Him. That was when he came up with his 'genius' plan. The hunter, in all His glory, was going to stalk them. He wasn't planning on eating them or anything, idiots generally tasted nasty, he just wanted to give them a good scare. And so, grinning quite scarily to himself, He followed a few feet behind them (on the forest floor of course).

[1]
((Bahahaha... Um. Yeah! 8D I didn't know I was giving you a jerk. Feel free to like fall on him or drop something heavy on his face.))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/07/2010 11:01 PM

(Hm, I might just do that xD)

Yes, Cedar was wrong, they were not alone at all. That didn't mean she was going to admit it, though. "Eep!" Alana squeaked as she heard something from the forest floor. "What was that?!" she clung to the branch for dear life, her tiny claws sinking into the soft wood. "Nothing, calm down already." Cedar muttered, carefully dislodging her claws from the wood. "No, I know I heard something, Cedar." Alana said quietly but defiantly. She'd heard something and she was going to make hard-headed Cedar believe her. "Fine, you want to go check?" Cedar offered. "No!" Alana's voice squeaked with fright.

Alana started crawling along the branch again, but she was shaking so badly she missed a step and slipped off the branch. She could get her wings to flap fast enough to get her in the air in time and instead landed on something really really hard. The weird thing was it felt living. When Alana looked, of course, there was a face. A very large, feline face. "Cedar, I told you I told you!" she cried as she disappeared back into the leaves of the tree, her wings not able to carry her fast enough.

(Ha, that was fun x3)

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/12/2010 2:55 PM

((XD He deserved it!))

The hunter yowled, although the soft thing didn't even hurt him. Just shocked him a bit. But when he saw the face of it, He had to hold back a smile. Oh this would be fun, oh yes it would be. Especially when it took off. So you wanna run, do ya? He took off after it, not having to worry about the branches scratching him. He was a hunter, and with having a stonelike body came certain perks.

He had no intent on hurting it, after all it seemed to be just a little skittish ferrikoon. Instead he just wanted to scare it into apologizing. God, did no one have any manners these days?

[2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/14/2010 6:28 PM

Alana squealed when she realized the large scary hunter was chasing after her and started using her wings to enhance her speed. She was not going to be the lunch of this creature. Cedar had other ideas, though. "I am not running, Alana." she hissed and quickly changed direction, doing a complete U-turn and heading straight at the hunter. Jumping out of the leaves, she used her claws to get a grip on his mane (which was really hard, by the way), and hissed in his face, hoping to catch him off guard by this show of aggression. She wasn't very big but Cedar could do a good amount of damage.

Alana stared straight into the hunter's eyes and squeaked quietly, her eyes widening. Instead of running, she latched on tighter and held on for dear life. Hopefully he couldn't reach her while she was on top of his head.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/14/2010 6:51 PM

Okay, so at first he was dazed, then he was shocked, and lastly, He was pissed. How dare that little scarp of fur scratch up his beautiful mane he had spent hours repairing over the past few weeks! How dare it! He was not going to settle for this, not. at. all! With his mouth set in a stoney frown, He felt the little thing clutch tighter to the groves in his mane and he started running.

He didn't run very far, or very fast in fact he raced right for the closest tree and bent his head down, hoping to nail the little thing and make it pay for scratching him up. Even things made of stone can feel pain, and since he wasn't so used to it, the pain wasn't easy to bear, even if it was simply scratches and chips, it wasn't like they had completely broken off a peice of him. Now that, that would have been agonizing.

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/14/2010 10:17 PM

Alana was frozen with terror as she watched the tree come up fast, about to smush her like a pancake. This guy was homicidal or something?! What, because she'd scratched up his face a little? That was some of Cedar's personality seeping into her thoughts. In Alana's defense it had been Cedar that had attacked the hunter. Alana had been sorry that she'd scratched him, but not so much now that he was about to kill her.

Thankfully Cedar had the sense to move out of the way. The hunter could crack his head on the tree for all she cared. She quickly scrambled over his stony many and nestled right in between his shoulder blades where it would, hopefully, be safe. The fact he couldn't reach her was a plush also. Of course, she really had to dig her claws in since his back was much smoother than the mane.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/16/2010 6:24 PM

He did not crack his head. Though he came close, if he had been moving any faster, he probably would have. But no, sadly, he was just dazed, having a thick skull and all. But really? Claws in the BACK?! He was ready to just play dead and eat the stupid furry thing if it kept up with this. All he wanted to do was scare the freaky creature. For the love of pete! He was just getting tired, it'd been a while since he'd fought someone and he was beginning to remember why he stopped. It was pointless, it hurt, and he was a wimp. Although he would never admit it.

But still, he would never give into the ball of fluff and so he let out a low growl and dropped into a roll, hoping it'd get the hell off of him! D8<

[4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/16/2010 7:56 PM

(Hm, this is fun xD)

Now Cedar was taken off guard and Alana was left in charge. It wasn't looking good with the hunter rolling over to squash her. She had to think fast or he would squash her. This guy just loved coming up with ways to turn her into a pancake. She jumped as he rolled so it would be like she was log rolling or something, whatever they did that made the thing move without them falling off. She basically jumped in the opposite direction that he was rolling. Alana jumped onto his stomach and then his back. Once she had something solid beneath her she leaped into the air and darted to the nearest tree, hiding within the leaves.

She hoped he'd just give up already and leave her alone. Cedar was certainly miffed and They were both getting tired. Alana still kept her wings ready if he did try again, though.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/18/2010 2:58 PM

The hunter groaned when the thing push off of him. He was definitely hurt, but he wasn't exactly known for giving up so easily, although when he saw the little furball hiding in the leaves, he grinned. He was taking this as a victory, so he didn't go after them. Instead he laid down keeping his eyes on the spot where he assumed they were hiding in the tree. He was completely calm now, his fun was over and his pride was starting to recover from the little skirmish, he hadn't really expected to even get more than a little scratch, and here he was, hurt as he had never really been before. It was a new feeling, but it wasn't enough for him to drop his high horse act and actually start to have respect for the smaller creature. In his mind, he was still the baddest thing out there, something to be feared.

[5]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/19/2010 4:17 PM

The Ferrikoon watched the Hunter stretch out on the ground like he hadn't just been in a fight. Alana was relieved that she wasn't going to be pursued anymore, but Cedar just got really really angry. How dare he act like the victor. "You look pretty smug considering you just got beaten up by a ferrikoon!" she called down to him, hoping to spark at least a little irritation. Cedar enjoyed getting under people's skin.

Alana quickly covered her mouth with her paws to stop cedar from saying anything else aggravating. They didn't really have quite the same interests. Alana was more shy and liked to stay out of people's way so she wouldn't annoy them. cedar was basically the opposite.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2010 5:10 PM

He was simply grooming his paws when the little ferrikoon called out too him. He chuckled and just looked lazily at where the voice had come from. He was the victor and the silly little thing was just annoyed. But still, it was so cute she thought she could get him riled up again. Even if that had irked him, not saying that it did of course, he wouldn't have done anything. He didn't feel like getting himself even more chipped up. After all, He took great pride in his appearance and since he was already scratched up, he was not going to fight anyone until he got a nice wax and repair.

[6- Sorry he doesn't talk X3 Doesn't give much to reply too D=]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/19/2010 6:18 PM

"You might as well give up on the grooming, there isn't much you can do about you butt-ugly appearance!" the fact he'd just brushed her last insult off like a stupid fly just got her even more motivated. So Cedar started getting personal. He groomed himself so he cared about his looks. Alana did all the grooming so Cedar didn't have to worry about it. As long as it wasn't anything too girly.

"Cedar, stop being mean." Alana whimpered. The fight was over, they might as well leave. If this guy didn't respond Cedar was going to do this all night, the next day, and the day after that, and so on. Alana just wanted to go home before something else attacked them.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/20/2010 6:02 PM

He was getting annoyed. His ego was so inflated that his little comments barely hurt him, though the butt-ugly thing was getting a tad personal. The hunter lazily got up before strolling towards the leaves. True, he didn't speak and had no intention too, but for now, he could at least do something or this little annoyance of a creature was never going to leave him alone.

Perhaps there might be a round two, after all he enjoyed chasing things, and this little critter had proved to be fun, so maybe if he got closer and it moved away, they could have a good ole fashion game of cat and mouse. Not that he was planning on eating it. Ferrikoon fur always got stuck in his teeth for the most impossible amount of time. He was just looking for something fun to do.

[7]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/20/2010 10:02 PM

"So you're finally dragging your lazy butt over here to face me, huh? Excuse me if I have to turn away, it's just so hard to look at your ugly mug." Cedar drew herself up on her hind paws and crossed her arms, tail lashing. She wasn't afraid of this guy, he was just some jerk who wanted to pick on them. She'd show him a thing or two. This guy would be too scared to leave the house once she got done with him.

Cedar may have been all brave and tough, but Alana was shaking like a leaf in a wind storm. No way was she going to stand there and let that predator get close to her. The only problem? She was too sacred to take charge and so Cedar had all the control. There wasn't anything she could do.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next