A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Conversations With Death [Self PG-13]

Postby Mousen » 12/11/2010 9:22 PM

(e3e;; This would make much more sense had I typed out Rexus' backstory first. Well, I'm too lazy to be doing with that now. Anyway don't expect these posts to be great, not that you'll understand much of them. I've rated it PG-13 because of a certain bad-mouthed kuhna. *Cough*ThatmeansyouRexus*cough* XD)

Rexus rolled over with a tired sigh. To most, sleeping on the damp leaves of Whisper Forest would be unthinkable, most people had never tried sleeping in the swamps, however. His odd maroon eyes were half closed and has face carried that irritated look that one had when they were unsuccessfully trying to sleep. He was a strange man, he was different it wasn't that he was exceptionally unpleasant to look at, then again most people wouldn't have found him unbelievably attractive. He was different, perhaps it was his almost cat like face, with the dark eyes that did it. He carried the presence of someone who wasn't from here, he didn't look like he was from here. He perhaps carried the look of the where he came from, just how some Spanish people look like they come from Spain, or something to that effect. He was very pale, he carried the pallor of Death inspite of the steady rise and fall of his chest. His raven hair was lank and too long to suggest it had been cut recently. He was an odd fellow to say the least.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Conversations With Death [Self PG-13]

Postby Mousen » 12/11/2010 9:56 PM

After a moment or two he closed his eyes fully, his head resting comically on a tree root, while one of his hands clasped around a gnarled scythe. It wasn't exactly a hotel but it was better than the swamp by anyone's standards. Rexus liked this world, sure he missed where he came from, but this wasn't about where he was, it was about finding his two cousins, so long as they were alive and in this realm that's where he was going to stay, there was also a more threatening reason for him staying in Evelon, but neither he nor the humble narrator had time to go into that long story today.

There was a noise of wings and feathers, Rexus opened one eye warily, only to find himself face to face with a large crow. "Damn!" He yelled, sitting up suddenly. He really needed this on top of everything else, it was always him, wasn't it?

It was easy to put on a bravado before she turned up, before she's scared you senseless."Ran out of ravens? I was sure someone as high ranking as yourself would atleast had some ravens, unless you've been fired, that is. I did hear Fate mention somethi-"

"Enough, Rexus."And there it was, the voice that was worse than nails on a chalkboard, worse than the screeching of a flock of starving ravens but more beautiful than the most perfect composition, he couldn't help but shudder when he heard it. Even after all this time the voice of Death terrified him.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.