A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

[P-AuroraSky] Mist-Walkers

Postby SpringsSong » 12/22/2010 4:09 PM

(Title fail, but.)

The Lucain male kept his nose to the ground as he tried to make out the different scents in the area.  There were various scents that he could pick up, from wild Kuhnas to slightly more dangerous pets, like Brumas and even a Battleheart or two.  He flattened his ears; Raina had said that she would come and meet him out here for this little hunting trip, but she hadn't showed up.

Maybe she got sick again... he thought to himself, frowning as he continued to sniff around to get the different scents.  She generally gets ill when the winter comes... thank goodness Mother knows so much about healing and curing these kinds of things.

He didn't like to be away from his beloved mate, but Lithônion had insisted that he do this hunting excursion on his own as a way to train him as the beta male in the pack, while Raina would be counselled by Taliña.

"I still don't like this," he said quietly.

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: [P-AuroraSky] Mist-Walkers

Postby AuroraSky » 12/26/2010 12:31 AM

((I'm here finally. So sorry for the wait!))

There was something eerie about this place.

Both Demetrius and Aurora felt it, but both of them kept their mouths shut in order to not scare the other. Ironic, really. When Demetrius had suggested that he and Aurora maybe go out for an adventure, considering he had spent the last three hundred years of his life cooped up in a library, this was not what he had had in mind. Sure the Whisper Forest was beautiful and had such delicate beauty that intrigued him so...everything about this place was just so dangerous.

The horror stories he had heard about this place truly made him shiver, half from the dew drops slipping off leaves and onto him. But Aurora lived for these kinds of thrills, and there was no way he could deny her young spirit. Poor thing rarely ever got to sneak out, might as well not ruin it for her. "Say something please."

Demetrius looked at his friend, and amused grin playing on his muzzle. The Lucain was looking around with shifty eyes, as if suspicious of every single leaf and pebble in the forest. He moved ever so slightly closer to her, so that she would maybe feel a little more confident. "What ever do you mean?" He asked slyly.

"This place...is weird. Maybe we shouldn't have come."

"Oh?" The Bruma pretended to be shocked. "I could have sworn you said 'I won't be scared Demetrius. This is so exciting!' Where is that Aurora now?"

"At home, sipping tea in the safety of the Villa." Aurora muttered back.

And then they heard it. The slight noise from behind them. At once Demetrius was standing in front of Aurora, standing tall and mighty. Aurora watched him react and realized just how big her friend really was. Not wanting to be left out of all the action, she moved a little closer up front and concentrated on her energy, a nearby tree branch standing at attention to its master. "Who goes there?" Demetrius called out.

[11][1]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/28/2010 1:29 AM

Aeragorn sighed as he saw the outline of a Bruma standing as tall as it could, guarding what he figured was a female Lucain.  "Just someone who's managed to get himself lost on a hunting trip.  Don't mind me; I'd hardly hurt anyone who dared speak in the Whisper Forests," he said, taking a slightly calmer stance, looking calmly into the mists.

"Besides, the last time I checked, this territory is not marked; even if it is, I doubt it's marked by a Bruma.  If it were, I'd think the most likely culprit would be a Fellox of some nature; perhaps even a rouge Barghest," he said, trying to keep a light voice as he looked into the mist calmly.

"Either way, I'll not be harming you.  I've no interest in harming others; I'm merely out on a hunting trip for my clan back in Idalani."

[1.4]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/28/2010 12:53 PM

Demetrius peered into the darkness and sighed, relieved. "Oh, it is just a Lucain. I apologize sir, for startling you. I was not trying to, er...'mark my territory' as you believed. The Whisper Forest is a dangerous place, and I must protect this young one behind me."

Aurora turned her head from around her companion, giving him a scowl and pushing past him. "I am not a young child." She said somewhat harshly. Her parents had thought the same of her and had assumed that she was completely helpless; there was no way she was going to allow Demetrius to do the same. "But wait a second, you're on a hunting trip by yourself? Isn't that a bit dangerous for you?"

Demetrius nudged her carefully. "What Aurora is trying to say is that instead of wandering the forests alone, perhaps we should stick together. Granted we've known each other for moments, but I feel like the environment is too dangerous."

Aurora gave a confused glance at the Bruma, confused as to why he would invite a stranger along with them. What happened to never trust a stranger?

[12][2]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer