A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

[PrpPG13] Perpetually in a duel.

Postby Icey » 01/12/2011 6:29 PM

It was dark outside, the moon barely glowing in the darkened forest. The soft hum of crickets filled the air, which hung heavy with the scent of rain in most parts.Fireflies flitted across the sky, undisturbed by the horrific scene that was happening not feet away from them.

Pale bones, being gnawed and snapped into nothing by the ravenous bugs of the woods. There wasn't much left of the carcass, bones and sinews alike had been picked clean by the expert teeth. Sharp, triangular teeth built to shred and slice meat like butter. Zombie teeth.

But you wouldn't know that the girl in the 18th century clothes was a zombie. No, she was peacefully sleeping in a bed of tree roots. Tired from hunting and belly full of warm, fresh, meat, she had laid down to rest. She looked so peaceful, innocent, save for the streaks of blood running from her mouth.
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Re: [PrpPG13] Perpetually in a duel.

Postby Lunasa » 01/12/2011 8:01 PM

Theron was on the move. He was always on the move. The threat was never eliminated and he had to keep going. Until something stopped him. Or they were gone. Which ever happened first.

And that's how he wound up in the Whisper Forest on this clear night. There were reports of activity. And they tended to congergate in forests, where there was plenty of food. And that made hunting them much easier.

He came to a halt when he saw the girl. She was curled up at the base of a tree, sleeping. What would a girl be doing out here? At this time of night? Slowly, he crept towards her, hand edging towards his crossbow.

T: 0.1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Re: [PrpPG13] Perpetually in a duel.

Postby Icey » 01/12/2011 8:26 PM

Although she stirred lightly, Saphira did not wake up at first. The oddly dressed woman, looking less than twenty years old, stayed in her slumber. She didn't need to be terribly observant, anyways. It wasn't as if she was in any real danger.

She rolled over, the frill of her dress snagging on an upturn root and ripping loudly. Saphira jumped up, letting out a big yawn and stretching out before gingerly taking the hem of her dress and sewing it up. She was oblivious to her visitor until she turned further around. She jumped a bit out of surprise, but relaxed a bit.

She smiled politely. "Oh! Hello. Can I help you..?" She asked, eyes flicking from the strange man to what remained of her kill. Was he a game warden? Here to repremind her for hunting out of season? She tried to be thorough in hiding the evidence, though. She didn't get to eat -fresh- meat very often. Only once a week.. Was four deer a month really that bad, in the long scheme of things? She bit her lip lightly, nervous to get yelled at.
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate