A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Wandering Souls [P, Duskie]

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 8:14 AM

"It's allright." She said simply. Shrugging her shoulders.

A young man peered at the two of them curiously, he was tanned with dark hair and he wore a permanent smirk on his face. His olive eyes glittered with amusement as he approached Zari and Belias.

"Honestly, Zari, I would have thought that you could do better than this. He really needs to get over it, like it was anything important anyway. There's thousands of them out there, I don't think there's any real difference between any of them."

At first, she was just about ready to slap Jasper, but then she realized what she'd said earlier. Jasper thought he was upset over a dead hamster, rather than his dead fiancée. Oh god, he was dead. Belias was going to eat him alive, or break his neck or glare him to death or something. "Belias, don't eat him. He's an idiot, he doesn't understand!" She said quickly, trying to keep her voice down.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 08/02/2011 8:22 AM

His whole form began to tremble with pure rage as he slowly stood. He slowly turned to the man, his shoulders hunched as he took a slow step forward. Before he knew it, there was a large Battleheart, pure rage making his whole body tremble, his tail smacking at the ground and kicking up dirt, his large claws leaving deep grooves in the earth and he charged towards the man with a low, deep roar, stopping directly in front of him and scooping him up with a large, clawed 'hand'. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't destroy you."

How dare this man, this idiot, compare all of the other women in the world to Keahi. how Dare he! He slowly rose onto his hind legs, snarling in the man's face. "I hope you can fly." He began to pull back his arm, about ready to launch the man across the forests.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 8:57 AM

Jasper yelled as the battlheart picked him up, he really was a coward at the end of the day. "Because Zari said you were upset over your pet hamster. They'll be other hamsters. Please put me down." He whimpered.

"Belias! Stop this! It was my fault, I couldn't think of what to say so I said your pet hamster died, I'm sorry!" She yelled, looking up at him. "Put Jasper down, it wasn't his fault, he's a swine, but he doesn't quite deserve to have his neck broken!" She picked up a rock from the ground and flung it at his had, she didn't quite aim high enough and it bounced of his shoulder, hopefully it atleast got him to pay attention to her. Out of fustration she switched to her cavillion form, and her biolune markings glowed and shifted colours as she moved. "Belias, I'm serious! If you don't put him down right now, I'll-!" She said, leaving her threat open, mainly because there wasn't much a rather thin looking cavillion could do to Belias in his battleheart form.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 08/02/2011 9:08 AM

Something else had seemed to catch Belias's attention. Slowly, he placed down the man, looking up at the wheeling speck in the sky, steadily growing closer. A deafening screech rang out as the Garudor dove towards Zari. Belias roared and put himself between them, and the large bird began to wheel away. As the bird turned, it's claws caught his face and dragged them down from his brow to his cheek, leaving a large, thick wound. He was lucky it didn't catch his eye. He backed away, roaring with pain as the bird came in for another attack.

Bringing an arm up to protect himself, the bird wrapped it's claws around his forearm, digging it's talons in and wrapping it's beak around one of his fingers, biting down. Belias roared with pure fury and began to beat the bird onto the ground with his arm until it let go. He ignored the fact he was not partially missing a finger and simply continued to beat the bird until it lay there lifeless.

Belias slowly turned from the bird, his forearm and hand drenched in the Garudor's and his own glowing blood, as was half of his face. He gave Zari a weak smile and slowly sat down, panting softly, laying down in front of her, giving off a soft and keening whine.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Wandering Souls [P, Duskie] [G]

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 10:11 AM

"Belias!" Zari screamed, she'd barely had time to notice the bird by the time he was there, attacking it, she watched in horror as he and the bird fought, and when it was over she ran towards him. "Oh Zu'ahi, Belias, what have you done now." She moaned, turning back into her human form and looking over his wounds. "Silas! Morte!" She screamed, though it was barely necessary as they were already running towards her.

"Good lord, what happened?" Silas asked, his normally calm voice tinged with worry. With his grey flecked hair and the dark shadows under his eyes, he wasn't the kind of doctor you'd be happy to see.

"That happened." Morte replied flatly, pointing towards the body of the guardor. "Nasty creatures, no better than overgrown budgerigars." He had to wonder, though, why did this kind of stuff always seem to happen on their ground? "Milan! Go get rid of that body, y'know just put it where we usually stick the bodies we don't want people to notice." Well, that was a comforting thought. "Annabell! Got fetch Silas's medical bag, now." He looked to be around the same age as Silas, though he had a considerably less amount of grey in his bright auburn hair. Oddly, a couple of vines snaked down his face, perhaps it was due to the fact in his pet form, he was a headless kuhna.  The witchlights that usually floated around his hands we gone, and he chewed his nails in a worried fashion.

He and Silas were complete opposites, though, they acted like brothers. The young girl in blue threw the shadowy-looking Silas his medical bag and he began to silently treat the battlehearts wounds. Sometimes he'd give Belias a questioning look, as he worked. His piercing gaze was an uncomfortable one to be under, at times he almost looked like he was trying to read the battleheart's thoughts. "You have been lucky not to lose your eye, it's going to scar, though. There's nothing much I can do about that, sadly. Next time, might I suggest that you don't tackle a huge fire breathing bird head on?" Despite sounding extremely formal, it was clear that there was a spark of gentle amusement in his tone. "Perhaps I should teach Zari a few simple enchantments, it would save you playing prince, you'd loose less fingers that way." Silas turned to Zari, having finished cleaning the wounds and stitching up what he could.

He threw Zari a little jar containing purpley-brown coloured goo, it looked like a jar of liquefied bruise. "Your boyfriend, who I'm not entirely sure I approve of, should be fine."
"He just saved my life!"
"Which means he lacks common sense, you know I can't abide people who lack common sense." With his attempt at a joke still hanging in the air, he left Zari with Belias for the time being.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/02/2011 10:20 AM

Belias gave off a low groan, his wounded eye was closed, and he looked down at his injured hand with a soft frown. Most of his third finger was missing. he slowly began to stand on shaky legs, lifting his injured hand off the floor with a soft sound that resembled a whine. Gently, he sat beside Zari, curling himself around her, his injured hand wrapping around her and pulling her closer, he seemed to me mumbling one word, as if it was a mantra, over and over.

his club-like tail pounded the earth in front of him as he slowly lowered his head, his good eye facing outwards. He slowly opened his other eye and gazed in at Zari, both glowing with a strange protective fury and the single word grew a slight louder and clearer. Over and over, he simply growled "Mine."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 10:42 AM

"Belias," Zari said softly, disentangling herself from his grasp. "I am your's entirely, but please, sort yourself out before I've got to slap you." She opened the lid of the the bruise-goo jar and she let it drip onto his injured hand, she winced, no doubt that would sting. She set herself to work bandaging up his hand, she sighed to herself, lost in her own thoughts as she worked. "You could have been killed, you know." She said harshly, cleaning out another minor wound. The young woman couldn't help but feel that they'd come full circle now, back in the temple she'd been doing exactly this. It seemed that things didn't change much. "What on earth would I have done with a body your size, huh? It's not like I could have just freaking dug a hole, and what about a coffin? Forget a piano, you'd have to be buried in a bloody ocean liner!" Her voice got more and more hysterical as she went on, until she was almost screaming at him, the sobs building up in her chest. She sniffed, trying to wipe her tears on her forearms since her hands were covered in Belias's blood and anti-bacterial-type goo. "Oh Zu'hai," She muttered, trying to stop herself from crying. "Don't you ever do that again, do you hear me, you idiot, one-eyed, stupid dinosaur! Or you'll wish to Yelpha that you'd gone exitinct sixty five million years ago."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/02/2011 10:49 AM

Belias listened silently to her and eventually turned into his human form, winging as his wounds changed their sizes, and took a steady step towards her, wrapping his arms around her. He pulled her close and then pulled back slightly, tilting her head up with his good hand and he gave off a slight smile, careful not to irritate the large wound on his face that trailed from just above his brow to just above his jaw. He was lucky that the Garudor's claws didn't slice through his cheek. "I'm sorry." He whispered softly, touching his forehead softly against hers, ignoring the large wounds on his forearms. "I didn't want to loose someone again, to another bird." He then wrapped his good arm around her, now horribly self conscious of his bloody arm, trying to keep the faintly glowing liquid away from Zari.

He then pulled back a slight with a soft smile. "Entirely mine, eh?" He teased, softly touching her cheek. "Let's go inside, I think it's going to start raining again soon." He softly took her hand with his good one and began to walk inside, ignoring the pain that lashed through his arm and face.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 11:58 AM

She looked up at him, her eyes focused on his face. It was amazing how a few short minutes could change a person's life completely. Zari just hoped that it would get infected, still Silas's horrible concoction should prevent that from happening. "It's okay." She replied, quietly. "I yell when I'm worried." She seemed to yell alot when she wasn't worried too. As he wrapped his arm around her, she gently rest her head against his side, oddly blue eyes still flecked with worry.

"Well, I did sell shares of my soul to the devil, so perhaps not entirely." Zari teased back, blushing a little as he touched her cheek, though it was practically unnoticeable. As Belias spoke the first drops of rain started coming down from the sky, it was only very light at the moment, though it only looked set to get worse. "Let's go." After a moment's hesitation she stood on the tip of her toes and gently kissed the good side of his face. Her expression hardened a little, and she appeared to be trying to gauge his reaction.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/02/2011 12:06 PM

Belias gave off a soft smile, draping his arm over her shoulder and pulling her close to his side, nuzzling his face into her hair playfully, walking inside. He sat down in a fairly warm spot, away from most people and he sighed softly, laying on his side, slowly closing his eyes and pulling his wounded arm and hand close to his chest, tucking his other arm underneath his head.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, Zari. But hey, at least it's just a scar." his eyes were still firmly closed and he felt a tear beginning to roll across his face from his bad eye. Yeah. Just a scar. a scar that would deform him for the rest of his life and probably force him into the life of a hermit, just like Binkie. He then slowly opened his eyes and gazed at his hand, inspecting the bandaging and he quickly wiped away his tears, slowly sitting up and turning his back on the people, not wanting them to see just how much this affected him. Most of his ring finger had been removed, and for some reason, that one thought hurt the most out of all of his injuries.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 4:49 PM

"I actually like scars, they tell stories." She said, at the time oblivious to Belias's mood. "I've actually got a scar running down my back, but that was my own fault. I was just a kid, and me and my best friend were playing by some sharp rocks and I fell. It's actually quite deep, but y'know, it barely matters to me now..." The young woman trailed off as she turned to face Belias.

"What's wrong? Did I say something stupid again? If I said something stupid earlier, which I shouldn't have done. considering how eloquent I can be." Oh, darn she was rambling again. Sighing to herself she walked over him and put her arms around his shoulder. "Belias, there's nothing to be upset about. You're still alive, I'm still alive and you've found a girl that really likes scars. What more could you ask for?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/02/2011 5:00 PM

Belias shook his head slowly. "You didn't say anything wrong." He continued to inspect the remnants of his finger and his wounded hand. "What more could someone wish for?" He gave off a hoarse chuckle. "Try marriage, children, a place to call home, somewhere you won't be shunned for the rest of your life." He fell silent, turning away from her slightly, his eyes dark as he slowly danced his fingers across his wound, ignoring the sting and feeling how far it went. He then felt tears beginning to push through at just how long and deep it was. He then brought his hand away and inspected the glowing blood, and lent into her a slight, his brow still furrowed.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 5:17 PM

The dancer sighed, her expression hardening. "Pete's sake Belias! You always look on the brightside, don't you? Yes, because you're going to get shunned at Cirque de Freakshow! The ringmaster never sleeps, Morte is 1/2 undead, both Frankie and Silas had past lives. Milan set his house on fire and Pepijin eats matches for fun! And Yelpha I haven't even start on how freaky the acrobats are! Well now, you'd be quite welcome to call this place home, if you weren't so bloody narrowminded." Zari paused, catching her breath. "As for marriage and children, well." She laughed. "Don't get your hopes up, but I'll buy you a puppy and some mistletoe at Christmas."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/02/2011 5:27 PM

Belias roared as he stood, flinging his arm towards the entrance of the tent to put emphasis on his point. "Maybe, just maybe, I would like to live with my family and friends, have a bit of stability in this turmoil I call a life!" He ran his hands through his hair, and then turned back to her for another verbal attack. "Believe it or goddamn not, Zari, I actually had a life before Keahi. yes, she was a large part of it, but I still had a life before her, and I would like to go back to that life at any point!" He then began to pace. "But now look at me! I should be goddamn dead! Half of my face may as well be missing and I'm missing a finger!" He then turned away from her, panting heavily, placing his hands on the back of his head and he slowly shook his head. "Don't try to make this alright, Zari. This will never be alright." slowly, he sat back down, laying on his side with his back to her, curling up into a tight ball, biting down on his tongue to hold the tears back.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/02/2011 7:19 PM

"Yes, Belias, because a scar is going to stop you from living with your family. If they actually mattered, they wouldn't care! If you want stability, then it's a little stupid of you to tug on a circus freak's heartstrings, isn't it?!" Zari yelled, now aware that everyone had stopped to listen to their row. Any arguments were usually treated as something special, why any minute now someone was going to talk in there with some popcorn and start taking bets on who was going to get the last word.

"Nothing is stopping you. If you want to go back to your life before she died and before I was stupid enough to help you then go ahead." She wasn't shouting anymore. Though her quiet words seemed to carry far more emotion than previously. "Well you're not dead are you? And maybe you should be thanking your lucky stars instead of moaning about being alive. There's people who are in far worse positions than you are, never forget that."

"Whether it's 'alright' or not is besides the point, the thing is, we have to cope with whatever is thrown at us, 'cause that's what we do best. That's what we have to do, we don't have any choice." With that, she gave him a fleeting glance and walked towards the exit. "Once you're well enough to travel, you can tell Morte where you want to go, and he'll take you out of the forest, if that's what you want." It was a defence mechanism, being brave, being vicious, she couldn't help it.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext