A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Running from the Past (Private; Shadowstiches & I)

Postby jobiehanna » 10/14/2011 7:28 PM

Queenie glanced behind her as she continued to run through the forest. The large haunted mansion she had just escaped was no longer in sight. But the human form autumn kuhna wasn't sure whether it was because of the mist that surrounded her or because she had actually put that much distance between her and the mansion. She hoped it was the later, but she continued on anyway.
Young Queenie was running from the house not because it was haunted, but because of the man that lived there. He was cruel, evil, whatever kin of negative word you could come up with, he was that. But he was also a vampire, so it was that much harder to get away, even though Queenie was such a creature herself. So how had she managed her escape? Her friend, Rasul the ttee, had provided a diversion. One that was powerful enough to distract the man, Serkan, from setting out after his most hated servant within a few hours. Queenie herself wasn't entirely sure what the ttee had arranged, but Queenie just hoped that he didn't get hurt doing it. She was so thankful for her friend, but she hated to leave him behind.
As Queenie continued to run, she felt the pangs of hunger that caused her fangs to elongate. She tried desperately to hold them back, but the hunger that rumbled through her was hard to fight. She slowed her pace and leaned against a old oak tree that towered high into the night sky. She tucked her auburn/red hair behind her ears in a panic, trying to control her hunger. After several more minutes of clutching at her teeth and empty stomach, the young woman collapsed to the ground with her arms around her waist. She knew she shouldn't have left without feeding, but she hadn't wanted to. She hated feeding from humans, it made her powerful, something she was afraid of. But it also made her feel like a monster. The world around her began to fade to black, and then there was nothing.

((Click her image for her human form. :3))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Running from the Past (Private; Shadowstiches & I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/14/2011 8:20 PM

(human form is here
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/darenw.png/)

It was pure luck that Daren found the figure lying next to the old oak tree. Because of his vampiristic nature, he simply enjoyed late night walks around the territory of his mistress, instead of enjoying his free time in his warm home. Once he spottet Queeny, he carefully snuck closer, before kneeling next to her concerned. It took him only a very short moment to recognize what she was, and his assumption on why she was collapsed was found rather quickly too. He knew the signs of 'underfeeding' just too well. Tho he was not as prone to it, as he was only a 'halfblood', he still could suffer from it. Daren bit his lip concerned, before making a rather scetchy descision. He would take her home with him, feed her, and get her up on her legs again...Sure, he did not know her at all, but he was no bad person, and would never just leave anyone in a that bad state to their fate. He was hesistant tho. The small building where he lived was located on the ground-and close to the mansion of his current mistress. She was a kind woman, but he would rather not let her know that he brought jet an other Vampire on her property...plus he did not know the girl at all. She could be, after all he knew, dangerous. Ignoring all those thoughts, he carefully picket her up and carried her to his small 'cottage'. Finally there, he imiditly brought her to the window-free cellar, or better, the actual living room of his. Lying her on the couch, he hurried over to his fridge and dug out 2 blood bags, emptied them into a deep plate, and warmed it up in the microwave (completely cold blood was simply disgusting). He placed the warm blood on the little table in front of the couch, and stepped a few steps back, watching her slightly tensely. usually, the mere smell of warm blood should wake up any underfed vampire...

(hope its okay that way)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/14/2011 9:31 PM

Queenie was completely oblivious to the strange man carrying her to his home. But as she lay on the couch, she could smell the scent of warm blood. She was a little disoriented as she took in the scent of it, mainly because she could tell that it wasn't fresh from the source. But even though it wasn't, it smelled heavenly to her famished body. Her eyes fluttered open and she stirred slightly. She turned her head and saw a strange man she didn't know, and a bowl of blood on a small table. Her eyes flickered to the man, she tried to figure out who he was, but she simply couldn't. She could tell that he wasn't entirely mortal, but she didn't know exactly what he was. But she didn't have the strength to get up, much less fight him.
She tried to move her arms, but they felt like lead. She needed to get to the bowl, but it was so hard for her to move after such a long time without any substance. She turned her head to the side to look at the man, and wet her lips so that she could speak. Her light brown eyes caught those of the man, and she pointed to the bowl weakly with a finger. "Can... you, help... me?" She said the words slowly and hoarsely.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/15/2011 2:51 AM

He raised his eyebrows concerned, when he saw that she was even weaker then he first thought. He had to say that she looked quite good for being almost starved..."Of course" e said in a soft, almost apologizing tone.He very carefully and gently propped her up a bit, so she could drink comfortably, while bringing the plate to her mouth, so she could drink. He avoided any fast or hasty movements to not startle her. //Poor thing must be scared out of her mind// he though. "I know its not as good as the fresh stuff, but its better then nothing I suppose" He watched her as she drank, his eyes fixed on her face. He was, tho hiding it rather good, very tense and slightly anxious. If she decidet that she should attack him, be it out of fear or maliciousness, he was in a pretty bad position, being so close to her. On the other hand, she would need some time to restore her full strenght...he should be able to deal with her, if he had to. He turned his head slightly, questioning, when she finished. "Do you want more?" he asked. Daren of course was burning with questions about her, but he decidet to not smother her with a wave of questions just now...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/15/2011 2:48 PM

"Thank you," she said hoarsely as the man helped her up. As she lapped at the blood, she wondered who this guy was and how she got here. She remembered falling against the tree, but after that her mind was completely empty of the actions that had occurred. What if he was a servant to Serkan and was just helping her so that he could return her to his grasp. She looked at him suspiciously, and caught him looking at her as well. But, why not just take her back to him in her famished condition? That would make more sense if he was working for Serkan. Her eyes softened slightly, and a look of curiosity played in them.

At the thought of more blood, her stomach rumbled, but she shook her head no. She hated drinking the stuff, even though it made her more powerful. She never wanted to be a vampire in the first place. And, she didn't want him to run out of however much he had. At that thought, she came to another conclusion. How had he known she needed the blood to replenish her? Was he a vampire as well? At this the suspicion was back in her eyes. Now she straightened herself up and set the bowl down. "H-how did y-you know w-what I n-needed?" The thought of him returning her to Serkan was back and she stuttered from the fear that it awakened within her.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/16/2011 8:05 AM

Daren furrowed his forehead a little concerned, seeing how scared the poor girl was. She had no reason to trust him, he understood that. He however hoped that she would stay calm. He looked at no less curious, but was fast to answer her question. "hm...Instincts I guess." He smiled at her, letting his fangs show for a moment to let her catch the final hint. They where a little shorter and somewhat thinner then the ones of a regular vampire, but still obviously sharper then the canines of any  normal human. he wouldnt rub it in her face that he was only half vampire...while he was perfectly fine with that, he learned that some Vampires reacted rather negative to that sort of information.

"Please calm down Miss. I mean no harm to you" he said softly, still a little worried about her. "and now, if you dont mind me asking. What where you doing out there in the first place?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/16/2011 12:28 PM

Queenie just stared at the man as he showed his fangs. So that's how he knew what she needed... He must have seen her own fangs and come to the conclusion that she was a vampire as well. But his seemed a little different than her own fangs. She couldn't place what he was, but she could sense that he wasn't entirely vampire.

She nodded her head slowly, trying to calm herself down. If he didn't mean harm to her, then he had no idea about Serkan. She knew for sure he had no idea when he asked her what she was doing out in the forest. She swallowed hard and glanced away from him and chewed on her lip. Should she tell him? "I-I w-was running away," she said softly, then looked back at him with her sad eyes. She hoped he didn't think bad of her for running away, and she really didn't want to elaborate, but maybe she should. "I-I c-can't go back," she added as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/16/2011 5:23 PM

He looked at her sorrowful. He felt more touched by that sad look she had in her eyes, the he would have thoght he would feel. She still was a stranger...still he felt a sting in his heart. "There there" he said, and offered her a handkerchief to dry her eyes. "No one is making you go back...well, at least not me". He leaned foreward slightly, to look her straight in the eyes again. "you are safe here for the moment. But I need to know what happened to you. why where you running away? and from whom?" Daren sounded friendly, but his voice had a sort of firmness in it.He did not want to step to close to her, but he wanted to know with what exactly they where dealing here...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/16/2011 9:14 PM

Queenie rested her head on her hands and put them on her knees as more tears leaked from her eyes. She didn't want to tell this man, but what choice did she have? What if he killed her if she didn't tell him? He didn't seem like the type, but Queenie was still a little queasy about sharing her information with a stranger.

She looked up to him again, and decided, why not? "W-well, I'm running from Serkan, an evil vampire who wants to torture me for some stupid thing we did for Halloween one year. My little brother dressed as a vampire, and Serkan thought that it was disgraceful, he noticed I was the older one, and decided to punish me for allowing it. He killed my brother, then turned me," she said slowly. At the memory her eyes filled with tears once more, but she pushed them away. "He has taken me into eternal servitude as a maid of sorts, but he's so mean and he just likes to be evil and fun. He pushes his power on me like I'm some worthless th-thing." She choked the last word out as the lump rose within her throat. "I-I-I couldn't take it a-anymore," she finished. "You can't tell anyone," she pleaded with the stranger. "If he finds me, he'll beat me or worse." She shuddered at the thought. "I'm too weak to fight him off..." She said sadly and placed her head back in her hands.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/17/2011 2:10 PM

Daren's eyes darkened rapidly at her story. He already though that her backstory would not be pleasant, but that beat his expectations. For the first time for quite a lot of time, he felt truely angry. and he did not even know the guy. Turning someone against their will and killing innocent people where incredible crimes alone. But that this Vampire kept her as a maid and humiliated her regulary was just a little too much.  His anger and his sympathy for her made him make a decision which he knew he might regret later...

He looked at her, before saying. "I promise you I wont tell anyone. you can stay here as long as you want." he stopped, the sighed. "I...however doubt that I can help you much if he indeed finds you." now he seemed slightly nervous. "You know, as you may have noticed I'm not...entirely vampire. I'm a halfblood, and well...thus only
have half the power and strength a regular vampire has."
He added shortly after "I can however try to teach you some vampire specific skills and maybe even fighting tactics...normaly your 'creator' should have done that, but i highly doubt that"

Suddently, something came to his mind. "Oh! where are my manners? My name is Daren"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/17/2011 7:24 PM

A flicker of hope came into Queenie's eyes at Daren's offer and promise to keep her secret. A weak smile crept across her face, "Thank you, Daren," she said softly. "That would be wonderful," she added. "He never taught me to do anything, mainly because he thinks I am below him. But I never really asked... I just accepted my fate and did as I was told... he was so happy when he realized I wouldn't feed on a regular basis to have my full power... My name is Queenie," she finished, her voice stronger than before, then glanced at Daren.

"But, I can't beat him," her voice was weak once more and she now stared at the floor. "I'm too weak, and I hate killing to feed and be stronger... I'm a pathetic excuse for a vampire. I'm useless..."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/18/2011 3:07 AM

Daren shook his head slightly "No. Thats what he wants you to think, not what you really are" he said in an encouranging tone. "You never really had a chance to learn anything about your vampire self, other then the most major things. I'm sure once we've build you up a little, You will think differently" He sighed slightly
"and I do understand your issues on drinking blood and for that take lifes. Sadly, this 'pre packed blood' is not strong enough to get you to a level where you can seriously defend yourself." Before she could despair tho, he added quickly "but, and I'm sure Serkan did not tell you this either, You dont have to kill to feed. It of course is still not nice, and it is...rather hard to learn, but it still is possible to only take a bit of blood from your victim."

He tilted his head slightly, hoping that he could encourange her enough so that she could stand up to her master.
"I know this is a lot to take in, and I can understand that you are afraid. but....you dont look like someone who wants to run and hide her entire life"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/18/2011 9:20 PM

"I don't want to run and hide, but sometimes I just don't think I have a choice," she said sadly. "But if you'll teach me, I might have a chance." She glanced at him again and offered a small smile. "If you mean what you say, I'd be happy to learn from you. You seem very knowledgeable."

If she had a chance to beat Serkan, then she would jump at that chance. She was a little nervous about it, mainly because she had never fought in her life. And she was so weak... But someone needed to show Serkan that he wasn't the master of her life... Even though she was a little reluctant because he had been her master for so long and she didn't truly believe she could do it. She had to do something.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/20/2011 4:46 PM

Daren looked pleased when she finally seemed to show at least a little bit of self esteem.
"I'll do my best" he assured, and, seemingly almost a little charmed, added. "well, i have...gathered
quite some expirience through all the years...I'm not exactly what you would call 'young'" he was not specifiyng his age, but he was certainly older then he looked.

"You should rest now. you must be tired and you'll have to gather some strenght. We'll begin with your...training tomorrow night."  
quite honestly, he had no idea how he was about to juggle his job as a buttler and this new situation yet,
but he was sure he would find a way...he could still claim he got sick or something like that.
"Uhm...you can rest in my bedroom. i dont think the couch is a appropiate place for a lady to rest"
he said, offering her his bed.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/20/2011 6:21 PM

"Rest would be a good idea," Queenie said. She was still very tired, but where would she go? She certainly couldn't rest here... When Daren offered his own bed, she was a little surprised, but very thankful for the offer. "Well, uh, thank you," she said sweetly. "But I don't want to discomfort you," she added. She was very thankful, but she just didn't feel right about taking the bed. Especially a man's bed she didn't particularly know well. But, he was quite the gentleman, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Where else would she go anyway?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items