A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Running from the Past (Private; Shadowstiches & I)

Postby jobiehanna » 12/31/2011 11:11 PM

Queenie put a hand to her forehead and rubbed it gently. "It's going away, slowly," she said quietly. She glanced at Daren, surprised it had gone through at all. The pain was soon gone and she could concentrate on the conversation at hand.

She sighed quietly. "It was my closest friend, Rasul," she said with a sad smile. "He's a ttee and helped me escape. He means a lot to me," she continued. It was sad to think of him at that moment because she was afraid that she would never see him.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/01/2012 6:28 AM

(sorry for the late reply Oo)

Daren looked at her with a calm, hidden sadness. He knew how she felt, a little too well for his taste.
he would not get those thoughts too close to him now tho, and pushed them away into the far back of his head.
"I'm sure he is doing fine" he said lowly "and that you will see him as soon as...this problem is solved"
Tho the words seemed flat and meaningless to him, they still where extremely honest.

he tilted his head slightly, before carefully asking "should we call it a day? or do you want to continue?" he asked. She looked a little tired, but he would leave it up to her to either go on or stop for today.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/04/2012 6:05 PM

Queenie nodded. "I hope you're right," she said with a small smile. It would be horrible if Rasul ended up dead because of her selfishness to escape. "Do you think I'm selfish? For having run away and all. And letting him alone," she said quietly. She couldn't keep the thought to herself when it popped into her head.

Then she shook her head, murmuring something about being ridiculous for asking Darin about it. She put her hand to her eyes, rubbing them slightly. Then she sighed, dropping her hand. "Yes, I'd like to call it a night," she said softly. She really was tired, and she didn't think she'd be able to keep up this 'training' for much longer.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/06/2012 6:57 PM

He was about to respond to her question, when she seemed to try and shake it of. He decidet to keep still about it for this moment, so he just nodded when she decidet to go back."alright...its rather late already after all...
and tomorrow is going to get even a little more intiresting for you i think" he said with a small, almost mishivous smile.

after they walked for a while, he said hesitantly "it was not selfish" he looked over at her, trying to encouranging her "not at all. If you did not do it, both of you would still be stuck there. And that would not help either of you.
this way however, you can help your friend out...once you are ready for it" he hoped that his words would at least comfort her a little bit...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 03/07/2012 12:19 AM

Queenie nodded and walked along beside Daren on their way back to his place. It was quiet for a while, until he broke the silence. She felt nervous at his comment. She had hoped he'd forgotten she had said anything at all. "You really think so?" She asked quietly. His words made her feel a little bit better. She smiled slightly. Queenie thought on how she would be able to go back and help Rasul out. With Daren's help she would be ready in no time at all.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/20/2012 9:26 PM

(sorry, my muse died big time :/ so next post might be horrible, but I'm back on the keys, this time for real ;))

Daren smiled and nodded. "yes. trust me, you will see your friend again in no time". He was glad to see her cheering up a bit. He himself was getting a little more ancious. He knew how to teach some fighting and 'regular' vampire tricks, and he was sure that Queenie would do good. what he was worried about was the fact that he knew nothing about that serkan guy, other then that he was really powefull and, obviously, extremely malovant. He decidet that he would try to ask more about him tomorrow tho. he did not want to pester her with even darker memories right before she would go to bed. When they reached his home, he had to repress a loud yawn. even he was a little exhausted by the day/night he had.  When he unlocked the door, he smirked over to her. "now. lets get as much rest as possible...tomorrow might get a little more exiting" he said with a small wink.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2012 7:50 PM

Queenie smiled. She was glad Daren had the confidence she lacked. And she really hoped she'd see Rasul again. But she didn't want to get her hopes up too much. What if something happened to him? She sighed, caught herself and looked nervously at Daren. "Yeah, someday," she said softly.

She walked alongside Daren until they reached his house. Queenie caught Daren's smirk, and a smile of her own lit up her face. "Yeah, rest would be good," she said quietly. "What is in store for tomorrow?" She added the question before she could stop herself, her curiosity getting ahead of her.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/30/2012 3:18 AM

(sorry that it took so long.)

his smile grew even wider when he pushed open the door and held it for her, following her inside.
"tomorrow we will so some actual fighting practice" he said, adding soothingly "dont worry, nothing too overly
dramatic. I think some basic self defense things at first, and then some more...specific skills.
it will be fun, I promise" his eyes wandered through the room, as if, for a short moment he was scanning it for
potential annomalies. He did not mind helping Queenie, actually, he enjoyed that he could help. but ever since she was here, he was a little more on edge, hiding it quite well tho.
"and well..." he turned to her, his smile looking a little crooked "we will have to touch a slightly unpleasant lesson tomorrow too, and its important that you get some rest for that. nothing harmfull, but important.
we will...train your mind to protect itself"
it was a theme he would loved to leave out of the game. but it could proove fatal if he would not
school her in it.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/23/2012 4:34 PM

Learning of the following day's lesson made Queenie a little nervous. What if she couldn't handle it? But once again, she would just have to trust Daren with this one. He had proven knowledgeable and helpful so far. "Oh, okay," she said with a little smile. Despite the nervousness, Queenie was very interested in learning to defend herself. It was necessary to survival, was it not?

"I hope it's not too hard," she added quietly as she moved to sit down on the couch.  

((Sorry for the shortness. D:))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/26/2012 6:04 PM

(dont worry about it, just a (very) short one for me too)

Daren looked at her over his shoulder, while warming her and himself some blood up.
It was important for them both to keep their strenght up for the coming days. "I would be lying if I said it will be easy. But you will make it, I'm sure about that"  He hoped that he did not appear too harsh. But he was not going to lie to her. He handed her her 'meal', and sipped on his own a little. after a not so long while, he said
"so...I suggest we both get some rest. Like I said, tomorrow will be a long night. that is, if you dont have any questions left"

(you can skip time a little to the next evening or so, if you want to.
unless she has some questions for him^^)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/27/2012 8:11 PM

Queenie didn't like the sound of that, but not everything was easy. You had to work for what you wanted in life, right? She nodded her head, "Thanks," she said with a small smile. His vote of confidence made her feel a little bit better.

Queenie took her cup of blood from Daren and began sipping at it. It tasted so good, but she still wasn't quite used to the idea yet. She watched the blood in the cup as she drank it. "Thanks," she said softly. "Yeah, um, no more questions," she said quietly. She glanced at Daren, "And, um, thanks for doing this," Queenie said with smile. She finished off her meal, "I guess, good night then?"

Once he left she would settle down on the couch and close her eyes to rest.

((I figure it'll be better if you do it. I don't mind skipping in time, it'll go faster then. XP))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/29/2012 6:53 PM

"no Problem" he only said, feeling a bit sleepy, but smiling warmly at her. "Good night to you too"

The next evening,right after the sun was set, Daren lead her out into the woods and to a small clearing again.
Looking at her, he smirked slightly. "alright. before we get to the unpleasant part, lets do something fun and usefull first." he looked around, searching for a good fixing point for her. "what we...or better you, are going to do is something that is called shadow shift. It is completely harmless, only a bit exhasuting at first, but you will
regenerate quickly." He looked at her "basically, your vampire powers allow you to 'beam' a short distance wherever there are shadows. This of course is great to avoid an attack, or surprise an opponend. the only thing you really have to do is concentrate on the spot you want to go, and imagine yourself standing there. I would recomend you only try a short distance at first, since, like I said, it can get a little exhasuting." he looked at her a little apologizing "I would show it to you but...well i guess thats one of the downsides of being only a half blooded vampire. while you will be able to make...quite a lot of short jumps later without tiering,
a jump from here across the clearing would most likely render me close to unconscious, because it burns too much energy." he grinned at her "want to give it a try?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/30/2012 10:07 PM

The following evening Queenie was rested and ready to go. She couldn't wait to get started, although she was nervous about the day's tasks.

She followed Daren, listening to him and trying to remember every word he said. "Okay, fun first," she said with a little giggle. She was feeling good today, the freedom from Serkan was exhilarating.

Queenie nodded, that was right, Daren was only half-blooded. It made her nervous that she wouldn't get to see a demonstration first. "Well, I guess," she said with a nervous smile. "All I have to do is imagine myself over there? Use the shadows?" She was only asking questions to delay the act of actually doing it. Queenie swallowed, concentrating on the shadows.

Within a minute or so she found herself on the point where she had been concentrating. It was a yard or two away from Daren, in some shadows from the nearby trees. She felt immediately happy, thrilled that she had done it. But within a few seconds of her joy, she found herself feeling very tired. She swayed a little, reaching out for a tree behind her. She caught herself, then looked to Daren. She flashed him a smile. "I did it," she said with a winded giggle.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/25/2013 7:59 PM

He almost stepped forward when she swayed slightly, but stood where he was when he saw that she was all right. Smiling, he nodded his head at her cheerful statement "you sure did!" He looked at her as if he tried to figure out something. "The 'feeling dizzy' is normal, you will get used to it and wont feel too much of an effect if you do it more regulary"
after a short thinking pause, he added "you can try it a few more times as soon as you're up to it, if you want to, before we move on!  

(Heya! I'm back! well...more or less, still a lot to do, but I can come by and post every once in a while at least.
sorry for the short comment, its pretty late around here ;) )

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/25/2013 9:47 PM

Queenie grinned broadly, unable to hide her excitement. "Okay," she added slowly. She wasn't sure if she wanted to do it again so quickly after the last. Moving so quickly through the shadows was tiring and dizzying. Maybe she could give it one more try. She nodded, "Once more," she said matter of factly.

She looked toward another tree not to far off and closed her eyes a moment, readying herself for the motion. Opening her eyes and gave it another go, but found it much more tiring than the first. She leaned against the new tree and closed her eyes. "Is it always so tiring?" She asked Daren with a sigh.

((Yay! That's understandable, good luck getting your work done and stuff. ;) Good to see you back. :)))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items