A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

October's Advertures in Underland[P:Me&Raven][M:E but S]

Postby Kylo » 09/17/2012 8:18 PM

It was quiet in the underground land of Underland, a bit too quiet. Normally the roses were singing and the sound of creatures happily going about their not so normal lives filled the air. Today was different and surprisinglyt devoid of any signs of life. October hopped towards the rose bushes and recoiled with shock at seeing blood pour through their tiny petalled lips.She poked one gently with her nose and prayed for some sign of life but the rose did not move.

"Oh no, oh no no no! Why, what? How!?" She backed up in fright and began to look around frightenedly for any sign of the cause but there was nothing to be found. "Someone? Anyone? Help!!"

"Uhhhhhh......what ya say? I was sleeping man." The little rodent yawned and stretched before climbing out from under the rose bushes. It's bright glowing eyes shone visiably and the bright eyes on it's wings blinked in unision.

"Oh Nighteye am I ever glad to see you! This is terrible, simply terrible!" October fretted as she stand up on her hindlegs and nervously ran her paws over one another. "The roses, the poor little roses are dead! And it's oh so quiet! I'm afraid something terrible is going on!"

"Calm down......uh......probably just some uh.......I don't know....just," Nighteye trailed off as he began to doze again.

"Nighteye wake up! This is important! We have to find someone who knows what is going on! I suggest Mr. Cheshire. He always seems to know what is going on around here." She stamped her foot to awake Nighteye and picked him up then set him upon her shoulder. "Now the only the question is where to find that elusive cat! He is always off somewhere being all mysterious with his riddles and what not."

"Zzzzzzzz......"

"Ugh! Fine, sleep you good for nothing."

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: October's Advertures in Underland[P:Me&Raven][M:E but S]

Postby Kylo » 10/22/2012 2:08 PM

The rather large, and lazy, cat stretched out on the branch of an oak tree and yawned loudly as he looked down at the gathered cats below him. A small top hat sat a top his head with gilded edges around the brim and bright gold buttons sewn around the band. It moved slightly as he tilted his head towards one cat in particular who began to claw her way up the tree. Why she didn't just teloport there he would never know but he moved slightly over to give her room to perch next to him. She grinned at him and twitched her abnormally large ears as she bowed her head slightly in greeting to him. He smiled back revealing a long row of sharp teeth that stretched nearly from ear to ear.

"I hope you come with good news, or maybe it's bad news? Good bad news? Any news? All news? News news news?" The cat continued to grin as he turned his head even more to the side at an awkward angle.

"Oh it is good news my king, very very good news. Your competitor is gone now, her head lays upon the ground, just waiting to be found. You are truly our king, our wise just king. Our great and powerful Cheshire King," the female cat replied with an even larger grin, one that rivaled her king's. Her eyes glowed faintly as she spoke to him and stared into his eyes.

The Cheshire Cat seemed to mentally leave reality and just nodded in reply to the female cat still grinning widely. She snickered softly and flicked her ear then suddenly the Cheshire Cat seemed to return to reality and shook his head as if confused.

"Oh very good Insanity, very good indeed! Now go and lead the troops! Lead them to victory! Lead them to our promised land of fish and cream!" The Cheshire Cat smiled again though it was different this time, instead of being filled with playfulness as it normally was, it was filled with greed and lust for power.

Insanity cackled and clawed her way back down the tree screeching out commands and sending the cats gathered around the tree out in groups to terrorize the forest and march towards what she believed was assured victory. After all with the white queen gone the soldiers had no one to give them orders and nothing to do. They would sit there like broken chess pieces with no master to send them to battle, and no orders to take.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: October's Advertures in Underland[P:Me&Raven][M:E but S]

Postby Kylo » 12/10/2012 12:22 PM

A lone hare sat upon a small outcropping of rocks and sharpened a knife with a sharpening stone as he looked out at the forest's edge as if he was waiting for someone to arrive. Beside him lay a bloody rag that had been used only moments before the clean the blade he held. His ears swiveled to and fro as he listened carefully for any sounds that were out of the ordinary. They turned round to the front as a twig snapped and he set the sharpening stone down and held his knife at the ready. Suddenly out of the forest came running Insanity with the cruelest of smiles upon her face. Relaxing at the sight of her the hare sat back and lowered his blade.

"About time you show up," he growled. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't show your mangy face."

Insanity scowled at the insult and came to a halt in front of the hare. "I'm sorry March but I was a bit busy giving out orders to the troops. Unlike you I don't work alone," she growled back.

"It doesn't matter, do you have what I asked for or not? I kept my side of the deal now it's your turn to keep your side."

"But of course. I wouldn't want to get on your bad side, now would I?" she purred as she grinned and twitched her ears. Suddenly out of no where a small package fell from seemingly the sky and landed at March's feet. Insanity grinned in satisfaction and nodded at March to go ahead and open it.

With slightly trembling paws the hare began to untie the string that kept the brown paper in place around the box and then carefully pulled back the paper. He gently lifted the box lid off and looked inside. A large and cruel smile spread across his face as he lifted the box's contents out and marveled it slowly. It was a pocket watch, and a rather large one at that. He held it to his ear and listened to it tick before pressing the button and popping the hinged lid open revealing the watch face. Straightening up he slipped the watch into his pocket and resumed a neutral expression. "If you ever need my services again do not hesitate to ask. I am very pleased with you for upholding your side of the bargain."

"I thought you would be. I will make sure to keep that in mind March, but for now I must go. I have much work to be done, as I am sure you do as well." With that she ran off back into the forest.

March smiled and hopped off of the rocks grabbing his possessions and running off into the tall field grass making sure to leave no trace of himself behind.

Last bumped by Kylo on 12/10/2012 12:22 PM.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer