A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Chapter 4: Intelligence [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 12:45 AM

As she neared the command post, she turned deftly to Christof, whipping the blindfold off his eyes in one easy move. He blinked rapidly, before his eyes adjusted to the light, or perhaps, lack thereof. "(Ah, so good it is to see you again, Mary Jane. I was lost in the darkness until you came along.)"

M.J. huffed and rolled her eyes, grabbing him by the sleeve and pulling him along behind her. As she neared the CP, she was startled to find that both Winters and Nixon had returned, and were sitting around a very small fire, talking quietly to themselves. Upon noticing their arrival, Nixon immediately sat up, drawing his pistol from his belt. Winters, startled by his friend's actions, turned to see what had caused Nixon's abrupt behavior, before hastily grabbing his own rifle and following after Lewis.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 12:46 AM

"Lieutenant Heartford! What do you think you're doing? What is this?" M.J. was startled by Winters' words, and took a step back, Christof placed a had on her shoulder, but quickly dropped it when Nixon growled menacingly.

Sighing, M.J. held out her hands, placing them on the rifles the two men held, before lowering them gently. "It's all right. I can explain. But first, Captain Winters, may I present to you Captain Christof Alard, K Company, 16th Special Ops Battalion, 1st Division. I think he's got something that he'd like to tell ya."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

---

"So, you're Captain Christof?"

The blue-eyed man smiled slightly, nodding his head as he finished off the last of the rations they had given him. "Yes," he replied thoughtfully. "I am. Captain Christof Alard. I am German by birth, but my family moved to the United States when I was fourteen. I never lost my accent, nor my fluid command of the language, so it's only natural that I would be selected for just such a battalion." He shrugged, and dusted his hands off.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

M.J. stood beside the entrance to the makeshift tent. She had been told by Winters that Dike had been replaced by Lieutenant Spiers of Dog Company during the attack, after he had failed to do as commanded, and move his men forward. The young lieutenant was relieved to hear this, and was happy to know, after asking, that both Bill and Joe made it back safely as well.

Christof eyed the woman carefully, before turning his attention back to Captain Winters, and Captain Nixon. Both men seemed interested in what he had to say, and had sent a runner to Colonel Sink, informing him tat they would msot likely head up to regiment in a few hours, with their new intelligence officer in tow.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 12:47 AM

"All right," Christof began. "You've taken Foy, correct?" Both Winters and Nixon nodded slowly, watching the man apprehensively. They still weren't comfortable around him, especially since he was German. M.J., however, had assured them that he was all right.

"Yes, well, that won't be the last town you'll be ordered to take, I am sure. To the north, both Noville and Rachamps await. Hitler's forces will be pulling back to those towns, and, if you are lucky, they'll keep going. But I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. Those cities are too well fortified to be left in the hands of the enemy." He paused and rubbed his hands together, watching with mild interest and M.J. shifted her position and moved closer to listen to what he had to say.
[20]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 12:47 AM

"Now, 'Alsace.' Does it ring any bells?" M.J. nodded slowly, along with Nixon, whilst Winters shook his head thoughtfully. "Yes, well, Alsace will be Hitler's counter-offensive. They're bound for Hagenau. I can almost guarantee you that, that will be where you're going."

M.J. folded her arms across her chest. "Hagenau? Why there, sir? That city is nothing but rubble and ruin. What's so important about it? Surely Hitler isn't that stupid. Does he think he can launch a counter-offensive from a pile of rocks?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 12:48 AM

Christof's eyes twinkled with amusement, and he smiled. "You are absolutely right, lieutenant. Hagenau lies in ruin. However, it is not the city that is so very important, but the other side of the river beside the city. That is where they will fall back to, that is where they will launch the counter-offensive. They think a river will protect them from our American forces. They are certainly dead wrong." His lips tugged upwards in a grin, and he held up his head with one gloved hand.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Winters looked thoughtful, while Nixon looked a bit apprehensive. He knew exactly what they were talking about, and though he wasn't worried about it, he had hoped Easy would get a bit of time before it had to attack the next town. It looked like, with this new information, that they'd be sent out again very soon.

Richard sighed heavily, and rubbed his temple. He could feel another headache coming on. "All right, Captain Alard. I think it would be best if we sent you up to regiment, so they can get you back to your company, and you can personally pass this information on to Colonel Sink." He stood up, and Christof and Nixon followed suit.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Christof glanced at Winters, and then at M.J. "Captain, if I may. I would like my lieutenant to return with me. She's very valuable to K Company." M.J. froze, her eyes going wide. Return to K Company? But she couldn't! She had promised Joe and Bill that she would stay, and besides, she enjoyed tagging along with Easy.

"Sir, I must protest. Colonel Sink has placed me in Easy for a reason, and I must request to remain with them, if it's not too much trouble. I don't want to go back, sir."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 12:49 AM

Christof's eyes darkened for a moment, and he looked a bit sad to hear her say that. But he smiled anyway, and nodded.

"Very well then, lieutenant, if that is what you want. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope we meet again someday soon." Boots clicking together, he saluted the young woman, who, in turn, smiled and did the same. Their eyes met, hopefully not for the last time.

"Good luck, M.J."

[25]

(Next)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous