A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Chapter 5: Mistake [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 1:08 AM

The second solider was hooting with laughter, slapping his thighs as he struggled to stay standing, while the soldier M.J. had grabbed a hold of in a last ditch effort to rid herself of unwanted pursuers, turned a darker shade of red with each passing moment. The laughing soldier wiped his eyes, before clapping his buddy on the back. "Make sure you invite me to the wedding, Joe!" he chuckled. "And name your first son after me!"

M.J. too, had turned red. "Shut it, Bill. Or so help me God, you won't even be able to have any children."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 1:09 AM

Wild Bill shut his mouth pretty quickly after that.

They had made it to the Company's quarters pretty easily. It wasn't hard. After a few ducks and dodges here, a few narrow misses there, and a couple of hard slaps to a laughing Wild Bill, the small party made it back in one piece.

"Jesus, M.J. You sure have a mean right hook." Bill rubbed his cheek, glaring from under his helmet at a very smug, very amused lieutenant. She held up her fist for emphasis on her next words.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

"And you'll feel it again, Bill, if you don't quit with the wisecracks."

Bill only chuckled, still smiling as he made his way up the stairs. M.J. motioned for Webster and Jones to follow him. Both did, Webster with a smile and a nod, and Jones with a scowl. When they disappeared, M.J. snorted. "Bah. Dumb kid..." She stuck her tongue out in his general direction, wishing he was there to see it.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Joe chuckled softly, and placed a hand on her shoulder before she could ascend the stairs. "Um...About that...Scene back there...Were you joking?" He looked a bit confused, and apprehensive. M.J. sighed and shook her head.

"Well...Yeah. I was, actually. That Jones was really getting to me. And I had to think of something. Sorry about that, and all. I was desperate." She smiled reassuringly, and patted Joe's arm.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/02/2013 1:12 AM

His brows furrowed, and the usually quiet solider frowned. "I see," he muttered. Ignoring M.J.'s confused look, he ascended the stairs in front of her, and disappeared from sight. M.J stared after him, looking uncomfortable and unhappy. She had a feeling she had just done something terrible.

And it could only get worse...
[35]

(Next)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous