A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

How I met your Nana(Self)

Postby wave3girl » 04/18/2013 1:13 PM

Image Image Image

Jian Cuniflare=#800080
Jason Cuniflare=#8000BF
Gian Cuniflare=#8080FF

“Papa!” cheered a little kit as he runs into his grandfather’s leg to cling onto, “Momma said I could sleepover tonight!” The kit beamed up to his elder.
A family was parting ways as a little kit clung onto his grandfather. The mother looking content asked with a hint of worry, “Are you sure he won’t be a hassle tonight? I can come pick Jason up when he is asleep mom.”
“Honey, its fine; you will be tired from your trip into the Lya Pointa Cathedral. Take the extra day to rest before you head out again.” She smiled patting her hand. “He will be nothing but gold,” She turned to her husband being jumped on from the excited kit. “Won’t he Hun?”
“Nothing. But. Gold.” The male Cunniflare broke out as he shook his grandson slowing to a stop giving up on the playful pulling off him. “He will be just fine. Go hunt for treasure someone left.” He smirked at little kit, “Jason what are going to do today? Anything a jokester would do?”
Jason lit up like a firefly, “We can have food, and play games and you can tell me stories and and and!” The little kit spoke in a hushed tone, “We can sneak Nana Jun-jun’s cookies later.” His old face perky thought turned into his younger trickster face. “That’s my boy.” He detached himself from his grandson and raised his paws, “I’m a hungry Serraptor coming to get you!” The boys chased each other through the burrow. Little laughing cheers were heard down the tunnel.
The women both smile at the boys running around like they were best friends playing tag. The mother turned back, “Are you sure those two nights won’t be a bother?”
“Go; enjoy your time without him. Try to find time to relax.” She smirked, “You won’t get a time like this very often. I don’t think Papa Gian will get any younger.”
“Thanks mom,” She said as she left the borrow knowing her parents would keep her Kit safe.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate

Re: How I met your Nana(Self)

Postby wave3girl » 07/17/2013 11:44 PM

“Back when the whisper forest wasn't ghost riddled. I was an explorer of fossils and eons past relics. Once I even found crystal fellox beads hidden in an old pot beside a foundation of a cavernous home. It was a great find in my line of work.” He drowned on, “A or two hunt after that is when I met your grandmother. The fellox beads gave me hope that whatever was left in that excavated site had more value than its weight on keystones. Just one more find to behold.
His elderly hands expressed his need to clasp onto the last treasure, locking it into his grasp. “I was with some of the best excavators of the time. Doctor Rugmar and Doctor Choice were funding my research. It took a lot of Keystones to land site under surveillance, in case of robbers and thieves took the treasure.”
Nana Jun-Jun came back with dandelion tuffs and carrot tops for them to munch on as he told his story. Smiling warmly at him she met his eyes in the everyday wonder. She smiled knowing most if not all his stories. They were never boring but like fairy tales, you know them all. She listened to his verbal depiction of himself.
“I was young, smart and good looking, wouldn’t you say darling?” He winked at her, “Your granddad was a hit with the ladies. I’m sure that is part of the reason your grandma was so smitten with me.”

“Oh Gian,” She chide him, shaking her head as she went to prepare to make supper.
“I’m sure it was Papa.”Jason giggled, “Did you meet nana at the site?”
“No it’s a little more complicated than that.” He tucked his grandson into his side, getting ready to tell the story with his whole heart behind it.

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: How I met your Nana(Self)

Postby wave3girl » 09/30/2013 8:31 AM

“I should start at the end and go to the beginning or start in the middle of the story? Hm.” Granddad nickered at his own joke.  The little kit shook his head and leaned in closer. “It all began with my dig in Whispering Forest. I had just finished one of my first digs in my career with these two doctors. They wanted fossils and remains to confirm their theories. I was looking for the story the remains would give me for the theory. There are no formatted ideas without facts backing them up.” He drew on with his story. His grandson was just starting to settle in as he continued on with the backdrop of the story.
“All is well on that first day of the dig. We were just getting to the right depth for the excavation by the end of the week. That was lots of dirt and soil to deal with for that time.  I must say, the doctors didn’t put their hand in the dirt once yet in this time.”Jason exhale noisily at how long winded this story was turning out to be. He thought it would be all action and adventure not just talk of dirt. This maybe a longer visit with his granddad than he hoped.
“We were stopped at our sixth day in. One of the doctors was hauled away for trails. I remember it had to do something with stealing a prototype of a ‘Magnetic Cryogenic Chamber’ or was it a ‘Dynamic Chaos Buffer’.” He paused in thought. “No the ‘Dynamic Chaos Buffer’ was how your father met your mother. Back to our story, I tend to wonder in my thoughts son. Anyways, this stopped our dig into the depth we needed. We were so close to starting when we were halted. Tarps covered our planned dig sights and we huddled in our camp site.
The next day was raining like there was no water on land. It was pouring buckets! We had some of the tarps up to cover the sight. The tarps sinking spots were becoming water gathers.  We huddled in for warmth as we kept up the dig. It was the day I met your Nana Jun-Jun. In that pouring rain she and her boss were meant to see what kind of connection we had with Dr. Rugmar before his ambiguously quick leave of absence. ”
He grinned; the kit was still listening while playing with a few toys. Good to know he wasn’t just blowing air, “The clouds were starting to part around lunch time. In came his big husky Staigovald he was lumbering toward our mud puddle of a rain refuge. He could have easily crushed all the artifacts if Dr. Choice didn’t step in.”

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate