A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Recovery Is a Journey [P][M:R,V,L]

Postby Kylo » 01/12/2015 4:44 PM

He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he finally saw the child. He had admittedly been expecting much much worse. That didn't mean he wasn't worried though. The way the child didn't react to them entering worried him deeply. It could be an early sign of an attachment disorder, or of autism, or numerous other disorders. The list went on and on.

Regardless of the seemingly passiveness he approached the child with a gentle and loving smile, and cooed softly at him.

"Hey there, sweetheart. Do you wanna play with something better than that? A coin is not something your age should be handling. You could swallow it, dear. You're such a smart little one. Already standing up on your own. I'm so proud of you sweetie."

He gently reached in to pick up the child and hold him to his chest, before turning to scowl lightly at Obito.

"What do you mean they don't have names?" he narrowed his eyes at him angrily.

"It's vital to all young children's health that they have names right away. It's very important for their development and psyche. It helps them to form an identity of their own, otherwise the child may have stunted growth in areas of self actualization and self identity."

He looked down at the child in his arms, and smiled more at him, before gently taking the coin from his hands.

"Let's go find you a better toy to play with, dear. Something safer and more fun, okay?"
Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 324
Donate

Postby Saahs » 01/12/2015 5:44 PM

Obito tensed as Shoto lifted the child. He wasn't worried that the other would harm him, no. He was simply anxious as to how the kid himself would react. He quietly shuffled into the room, looking over to the sleeping brother. He'd let Shoto meet the child on his own, without rambling at him. No matter how much he wanted to explain that every time he and Kakashi both got near the child, he lashed out.

Besides, it seemed he had no issue with Shoto. At least not yet.

As he was approached, the infant looked up at Shoto, fingers curling tightly around the coin. Much as if he had understood Shoto's gently spoken words. His face did not distort into any expression, but there was a distinct look of indignance in his one eye. He stared at the man, not blinking once. His other hand released the crib's bar, and steadied himself. It looked like he was thinking something along the lines of "That's right bub, I'm standing. Fuckin praise me." In baby-speak, of course.

Obito flinched at the glower. Here it came, the scolding. He knew he sort of deserved it, it wasn't exactly typical or smiled upon to leave children nameless, even given the circumstances. "I've been trying to think of names," he explained. "I haven't been able to choose any." It wasn't an excuse, but it was a reason.

The kid was silent as he was picked up. His grip on the coin was vicelike, the little one was determined to keep his prize. But he seemed to pause, before he released the coin. And then promptly scrunched his face up in a silent cry. There were the sobs, the little arm flails, but no tears or, again, no sound.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/12/2015 5:55 PM

He sighed, exasperated at his friend, but soon remembered the man had probably never even held an infant before these two came along let alone cared for one. And now he had two to care for. He briefly considered taking the two home himself and caring for them, before the images of his son returning home to see them. Obi obviously had his reasons for leaving the two and bringing them to his home would surely upset the boy, which was the last thing he wanted.

Shoto stared down at the child as it scrunched it's face up, but made no sound. Maybe the little dear was mute. He gently stroked the little boy's face as he held him close.

"Shhh. It's okay, darling. Are you hungry? Let's get you some food."

He left the room and went towards the kitchen to prepare some formula for the little one. He smiled down at him and gently bounced him to, what he hoped, would calm the little one down.

"Obito, where is the formula? He needs to be fed," he called out as he set up water to boil in a pot and continued to gently bounce the baby.

"Shh sweetheart, it'll be a few minutes, okay? I promise I'll feed you, sweetie."

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 01/12/2015 6:20 PM

"It should be on the counter," Obito called as he left the room, shutting the door carefully. He followed Shoto into the kitchen, a concerned look on his face. He leaned against the wall, watching the other. This was all so horrendously unfamiliar to him.

The infant recoiled from the gently touch, lips peeling back in what would be a snarl. If he had more teeth in his mouth, that was. They were starting to poke out, but not by much at all. He jerked his head and tried to bite down on the adult. A hand, the shoulder, anywhere his tiny mouth could reach. Teeth or no teeth, the baby was out for blood and it showed. The anguished look on his face was gone, in fact his face was a blank slate once more.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/12/2015 6:31 PM

Pain. Why was there pain? Or well more pain than was normal? Shoto looked down to see the infant biting his arm. Well that explained that. He tried to gently pry the tiny mouth from his arm. Nope not moving. How lovely. He sighed and just let the infant continue to bite him, it wasn't like he'd be able to draw blood, as he readied the formula and scooped some into a bottle. Carefully pouring the water in, he screwed the lid on and shook the bottle to mix it up.

"So impatient. It will be ready soon, little one. No need to eat your grandf- your friend," he caught himself midway and felt his heart sink as he realized the child would probably never even know what he was to them.

He tested the milk on his skin and waited a bit before testing it again and finding it to be the right temperature.

"You need to let go now so I can give you your bottle, sweetie. Open up now, okay?"

He held the bottle near the little boy's face and hoped he'd latch onto it, otherwise he really would have to pry the kid from his arm and he had a feeling that that would be more painful than he'd like.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 01/14/2015 12:08 PM

Why did infants have to take so long growing. That was the thought reeling through the mind of the infant's inhabitant. The one in control. Abyss. Humans were so slow in maturing, where other animals could run practically the moment they were born. It hated humans so much. Speeding up the child's development was not impossible, in fact it was very easy. But it was also extremely conspicuous. So it settled with trying to bite harder. To hell with your formulas, human.

The baby didn't relent with its ever so vicious biting and arm flapping. Not even while Abyss took in Shoto's little slip-up. So this man was related to Obito--his father, at that. It remembered possessing the newborn, being swept away in secret with its twin and left at an unfamiliar house. It wasn't the first time Abyss had watched such a thing through infantile eyes.

Slowly, the child's tantrum watered down, head bobbling towards the bottle. This was something Abyss was just going to let the host do on its own. It wasn't about to taste that disgusting substance.

Obito, who had stayed quiet where he stood and watched, winced lightly when Shoto corrected himself. It wasn't fair to the man that he had to hide just how close he really was to these children. But he wasn't about to hurt Obi. He wouldn't betray his trust, not when he was already hurting so. "I'll uh, go check on the other one real quick," he announced. "... I'll ask Kakashi about, erm, names, when he gets back."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/27/2015 9:54 PM

He grit his teeth as he tried to not let the pain show as the infant was in fact hurting him now. This was just lovely. And oh there he went. Thank you small child for releasing this arm. Shoto sighed softly and smiled down at the little boy warmly as he studied his eye more carefully. It seemed to be fine, no signs of infection or bleeding, so it was most likely a birth defect. An overall non life threatening defect so there would be no need to perform surgery, and he doubted surgery would even help the child. Usually defects like this wouldn't allow for an optical implant as there was most like no vestigial optical nerve to attach it to. Overall it would be okay, the child would live and function quite normally. And if anyone tried to bully the child he'd punch their teeth in.

He looked up as Obito spoke and nodded as he wandered over to the kitchen chairs to take a seat. His back was getting sore from standing in one place so a nice seat would help him.

"You're so beautiful, little one," He said softly as he watched the child drink. He really did love him already. And he would find a way to care for both him and his brother, one way or another. Even if they never know he's family, it will be okay, just as long as they are happy.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 08/04/2015 11:38 AM

While the child was busy with whatever business babies have to attend when it comes to bottles and their contents, Abyss reclined. It kept an ear open, so to speak, for anything else the infant's "friend" might say, or the lunatic that was now moving to take a seat as well. The baby's eye swivelled about, taking in his surroundings. Unlike the parasite within, the infant did not have such luxuries as object permanence or mental maturity. Or the capacity to willingly maintain an emotionless stare, so he gave a small coo, muffled by the mouth of the bottle he was suckling.

Gods, the sucking noise made Abyss want to scream.

As Abyss had observed, Obito took a seat in another of the kitchen chairs, eyeing the baby. There was a tint of worry in his expression that was hard to miss. Would the kid be like this for the rest of his life? Would he take to being like his father? That father? On top of such concerns, Obito couldn't help but doubt his own competence in taking care of the two little ones. Even with help, he was sure that somehow he'd royally mess up. But he didn't voice these thoughts. "'S pretty cute," was what he remarked on instead. Not a lie, but not what was on his mind, either.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer