A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

[P/Mousen] Negotiations

Postby SpringsSong » 04/01/2015 6:01 PM

Yes slightly fail title but. 8U
All in Paragon forms, obviously.

ImageImage

Aerarnis (330d33) -- Sennalden (091b1d)

"Are you quite sure about this, Aerarnis?" a rather annoyed masculine voice said, accompanied by a slight rustling of foliage beneath claws.  "How can you be sure of this clan's intentions?"

A male Sailfin came up beside a female VoidBringer, who sighed in annoyance as she turned her head sharply to glare at the Sailfin.  She extended one of her wings to smack the male on the back of the head, which drew a growl of annoyance from him.

"Are you questioning the judgment of my sentinels--or, better yet, questioning my judgment, Sennalden?" she asked sharply.  "We are still new to Whisper Forest.  Even with the group of Paragon that was already here to begin with that we have allied with, we do not know as much as we knew about Tengel.  An alliance with this clan would benefit us all."

"Aerarnis is right, Sennalden."

ImageImage

Katalmach (dba96d) -- Kalach-cha (967467)

The two Ambias broke through the trees to a clearing, with mist still stubbornly clinging to the ground.  The male held his head high, while the female maintained a demure composure, her blue eyes gleaming brightly.  The Sailfin lowered his head, and the VoidBringer also lowered her stance.

"Katalmach, and Kalach-cha--forgive me," Sennalden said.  "I am... a little hesitant to--"

"We know, Sennalden," the female--Kalach-cha--spoke up, her head still lowered.  "However, we must consider the benefits of alliances--especially with a clan so close by, especially if they have been in this area for some time.  While those who called themselves 'the Pantheon' have offered valuable advice... they were here as humans, not as Paragon; neither did they live here as their exclusive home."

"They should be here soon," Aerarnis said, looking to the skies.  "The sun is nearing second-watch."

*Second-watch: The Root does patrols 4ish times a day.  Second-watch would be roughly... between 9-12 in the morning/afternoon for them.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [P/Mousen] Negotiations

Postby Mousen » 04/02/2015 6:18 AM

ImageImage
Simeon | Hadresham

Simeon was stressed, and naturally, them being stressed lead to them smoking. The churchwarden's pipe hung loosely from their jaws, smoke lazily encircling their head. Towering far above them was a second paragon, far larger and more menacing than they. He glanced down at Simeon and huffed. "Simeon, put that out. Bloody hell, as if we need to make a less favorable impression than we're already going to."

Simeon drew themselves up to their full height (which was not much higher than their comrade's elbow). "Your insubordination will make a far worse impression, old friend. This," they said, waving the clay pipe around with a claw for emphasis, "shows eccentricity. You behaving like a stubborn child, undermining my authority, makes us seem weak, full of infighting and disorganized. So hush."

Hadresham had to admit that Simeon was right. They had to keep a united front. The clans had discovered each other not long before, and set up this meeting in order to discuss an alliance. The fact that the Root had so many times more paragon than they did made Hadresham nervous.

Perris

There was a noise behind them, and the two turned to find someone following. Simeon's expression softened somewhat upon catching sight of the other paragon. "Are you two bickering again?" She asked gently.

"Perris, I'm glad you decided to turn up." Simeon said, looking up at the slightly larger pipe paragon.

"And leave alone with that old sour pot? Never." Perris cast a look at Hadresham who simply rolled his eyes.

The clearing was up ahead. The three paragon exchanged glances. "Ready?" Simeon asked. Perris looked hopeful, and Hadresham cautious. It was about as close to a "yes" as they were going to get.

With that, they stepped out from the safety of the trees into the sunshine dimmed by mist. The three paragon offered a bow to the four in front of them. After a moment or two, Simeon spoke. "Greetings."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby SpringsSong » 04/02/2015 10:52 AM

Katalmach and Kalach-cha inclined their heads before offering bows of their own, while Aerarnis and Sennalden both simply offered bows in return, with Sennalden's head-fin relaxing and Aerarnis' spiked smoothing against her head.  Aerarnis was the only one present who knew some about the clan that they were meeting, so she offered a small smile to the Pipes and Frost before Katalmach spoke, holding his feathered wings to his body.

"Greetings," he said, observing the other three Paragon.  He'd noticed the pipe that the Pipe had, but said nothing of it--he had, after all, seen much stranger things within his own clan (such as two Paragon that could manipulate shadows to their will, as well as one who could turn into a Kitrell), and knew it was not his place to make such judgments.

"It is good to finally meet you," Kalach-cha spoke up, her blue eyes flashing slightly.  "Aerarnis--" she said, indicating the VoidBringer female, "--and her other sentinels have spoken quite favorably about forming an alliance."

"I am Katalmach," the male Ambia said.  "My mate, Kalach-cha, and I lead the Root.  Sennalden--" he said, indicating the Sailfin, whose head-fin and webbed spines snapped to attention at being addressed, "--is the second-in-command, while Aerarnis is one of our lead sentinels."

"An honor, to be sure," Sennalden said, although his voice was still guarded.  Aerarnis shot him a glare, but the Sailfin looked straight ahead, not noticing the glare coming from above him.

"It's good that we could meet," Aerarnis spoke.  "Katalmach and Kalach-cha were both surprised when my sentinels and I told them of another clan residing within these forests."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/18/2015 12:10 PM

It was good that Kalach-cha seemed keen on forming an alliance. Simeon really didn't want any trouble. For all of his flaws, Hadresham was right. If the Root had been looking for a fight, there was no way her clan could have outmatched them. "We agree that the idea seems like a positive thing for both sides." Simeon agreed.

"I am Simeon, leader of my clan of paragon. My second in command is Hadresham, the frost, and my mate is Perris, the pipe. Likewise, we were anxious to meet you." The two paragon next to her gave small smiles at the mention of their names.

Simeon nodded. "I would expect that to be a normal reaction. Although many of us have lived in the forests separately, the clan itself have not been formed for very long. It was only when myself and Hadresham came across a set of sprawling ruins, we and the paragon living there decided to form a clan. Since then, we've had a few more paragon seek us out."

Like Sennalden, Hadresham was still a little guarded, but his curiousity got the better of him. "If you don't mind the question, what made you decide to move your clan of paragon to Whisper forest?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby SpringsSong » 04/18/2015 4:00 PM

"Simeon, Hadresham, and Perris," Katalmach echoed, dipping his head in turn.  The others mirrored his movements, although Sennalden's sail-fin was still raised, and his manner still came across as guarded.  When Simeon mentioned how their clan formed, he offered a smile and said, "Ah, I see--our clan is much older than it appears, but at the same time, it is younger--once upon a time, our clan suffered a devastating blow that scattered it to the four winds."

"Yes, but that is a story for another time," Sennalden said, craning his head around.  "The desire to form an alliance has been made known, and I believe that the next logical step from there would be to see what we each have to offer to the other."

"Patience, Sennalden," Kalach-cha said, turning to regard Hadresham's question.  "The question is of no trouble at all.  We once resided in Tengel, as I'm sure you were aware, but we had to relocate because of a few... incidents with a clan of feral Battlehearts.  They originally favored territory in Baian, but when the old Root suddenly faded... they began to encroach on the territory which the clan in Tengel once held."

"Apparently, the Battlehearts felt that all but the hatchlings suddenly dying was an excellent reason to begin hunting the area," Aerarnis piped up, the spikes on her head rustling slightly.  "So, when the Root began to reform and return to our original home... they took offense to that, and were constantly attacking almost any Paragon that crossed through their territory," she said, turning back to Katalmach, whose head had inclined at Sennalden's statement.

"What we have to offer to you..." he murmured quietly, thinking for several long moments.  "Well, it would be easier if we first knew more about your clan.  Our clan may not know much of this area," he said, "...but we do have our strengths."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/21/2015 3:26 AM

Simeon nodded, it was interesting information to hear. While there were other creatures living in Whisper Forest, they'd never had any territorial disputes with them. There really wasn't enough of them living close to where the ruins were for it to be a problem that Simeon's clan had faced. "I see. It's unfortunate that you had to leave your traditional home. I hope you find the forest to be more suitable for your permanent residence." They really did mean that, although they were slightly apprehensive about this new, and much larger clan of Paragon, they did wish the Root well.

About them? Simeon glanced over to Hadresham who seemed to be watching them very intently, as if waiting for the pipe paragon to say something amiss. As usual, Simeon ignored him. "We're scholars, chiefly. Experts in riddle lore, adept magic users. Most of us can cast a half-decent glamour-- illusion, that is. We, unlike many other clans, do socialize with humans; we trade with the merchants that pass through the forest. We are reasonably small in number, and so our territory is modest in size. That being said, we have, by and large, a very good knowledge of the forest, it's pathways, the plants and animals that thrive here and also an understanding of the stranger creatures you find here."

"In short, we can offer you knowledge of the area, what's poisonous, what's not, what can heal, what won't, as well as geographical information. As you might of noticed, it's far too easy to get lost in these woods. We could have our scouts show you the lay of the land, and have our healer speak to yours. We also can offer unique and foreign goods, as we are on good terms with the merchants that travel through here, as well as information on casting illusion, magic in general or pretty much any scholarly pursuit, should you find such things of interest." Hadresham added.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[4][4][4][4]

Postby SpringsSong » 06/04/2015 4:36 PM

When Simeon said that they hoped that the forest would be a more suitable home for them, the four Paragon offered slight nods, and Katalmach offered a small, genuine, chuckle in the back of his throat.  "Thus far, it has proven more suitable--if simply because one of our sentinels managed to find some of her family in this part of the forest," he said, and Aerarnis offered an emphatic nod here.

"It was a surprise to come across a group of Paragon who had certain... abilities that we knew were possible, but had never seen in practice ourselves.  I'm not sure if you could call it, as you say, a glamour--but they could take on human shapes," she said.

When Hadresham spoke up, proposing some of the things that their clan could offer, it was Kalach-cha who stepped forward to speak.

"We had, indeed, noticed that the woods are easy to get lost in here," she said, her voice soft.  "We have many healers--three apprentices, one full healer, and--of course--our lead healer.  Perhaps we could send one of our healers to your clan to learn," she said.

"There is also our budding ambassador, who might be interested in this alliance," Sennalden spoke out.  "She may be the only one who specializes in that area, but she is well-liked within our clan, and we all trust her judgment."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2015 5:09 PM

Perris smiled, speaking for the first time in awhile. "How lovely for them to find their family again. It seems very fortuitous that you settled here."

At Aerarnis's words Simeon looked interested. "There are not many in our clan who can take on human shapes. In fact, I'm the only one who takes on a human form. While a few members of our clan are skilled in magic, such as Hadresham for example, I'm the only one with an affinity for that particular branch of magic. It's not something I use often, however." Simeon had really only found it useful when first approaching merchants the clan wished to trade with, as they rarely left the forest, they didn't particularly have a need to look human. As it was, Simeon's own human guise wasn't entirely convincing. While they did indeed look broadly human, there was something altogether strange about them.

"Medlar, our own healer, would be more than happy to have someone to pass his knowledge on to. At this time he has no apprentice and so I think, he too would benefit from someone with similar interests and talents to speak to. Your ambassador, too, would be more than welcome to join us." Hadresham said. He and Simeon had discussed something similar beforehand, he knew he wasn't stepping on their toes offering hospitality to members of the Root.

"They would definitely be welcome with us." Simeon confirmed, pausing to tip the ash out of her pipe. "Would you wish any of our clan members to visit in exchange? There's many among us who'd be happy to join you for a time."

((Sorry for the wait, ;u;; ))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/22/2015 1:13 PM

"Very well.  We shall tell Krattia and Merildra to prepare for a journey to your clan.  They should be ready in no more than a day's time, if I know Merildra," Katalmach said, a slight chuckle at the end of his statement.  Indeed, the young Sailfin was very eager to serve the clan as its ambassador.

"Ah, but are you prepared to argue your case with Yenaya, my dear?" Kalach-cha asked in a silken voice.  "You know that Krattia is one of the only other Placids in our clan that has realized her healing abilities, and Yenaya would surely push for one of her apprentices to go instead," she said, and the male Ambia inclined his head slightly.

"You raise a valid point, Kalach-cha," Katalmach said.  "I trust that you could... persuade her?" he asked.

"Consider her persuaded," Kalach-cha said.  At this point in time, Sennalden stepped forward.

"We would welcome any of your clan members who would wish to stay with our clan for a time," he said.  Aerarnis nodded at this thought before speaking herself.

"If there are any who are familiar with the lay of the land--so familiar that they could navigate it even if they lost their sight--we would certainly welcome them with the sentinels for a time.  The four of us are... still learning parts of the forest," she admitted.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/17/2016 2:25 PM

Even if they'd lost their sight, huh? The three paragon exchanged a look. "It's a little bit unorthodox," Simeon said, as though everything they did wasn't. "But my sister knows the forest incredibly well. She is a sandshark, but I don't see that it'll be a problem. It has never been for her. Also, if you particularly need eyes, she's almost as adept as I am, magically and can--"

"--Grow a pair?" Hadresham suggested.

Simeon winced. "That is not the precise phrasing I would have used." Beside them, Perris erupted into giggles, pressing a set of claws in front of her face. "Oh, for pity's sake, Perris! Now is not the time!" Out of the corner of their eye they noticed Hadresham smirking. "Don't you start!"

"Wouldn't dream of it," he assured them, more amused by Simeon's reaction than anything else.

"Anyway. Anyway,"
they repeated, Perris still trying to stifle the giggles. "My sister should fit what you're looking for. If you'd like, we can meet the visiting members of your clan here tomorrow, and Frey can join one of your scouts, perhaps?" Simeon hoped that this particular clan of paragon weren't too hung up on formality.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/17/2016 4:07 PM

The four Paragon stood there as Perris giggled, and as Hadresham smirked.  The comment--or joke, as it seemed from their reaction--of "growing a pair" seemed to be largely lost on them, but after a moment or two, Katalmach turned to acknowledge Simeon.

"Aerarnis, I believe that you have a relatively new sentinel that you were excited to get onto a watch?" he said, and the Voidbringer nodded.

"Yes--either third-watch or fourth-watch, since he has exceptional night vision," she said, confirming what Katalmach said.  Kalach-cha dipped her head respectfully before speaking.

"Aerarnis will bring her new pupil, as well as Merildra and Krattia, to this spot tomorrow," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/17/2016 5:13 PM

Perris, now suitably recovered, had the good grace to look sheepish. Thankfully, it seemed that the Root hadn't come into contact with enough humans for it to translate.

Hadresham gave Simeon a brief look, and they narrowed their eyes slightly.

"I believe that's settled, then," Simeon said. "Medlar, Hadresham and I will be along to collect Medlar's new pupil and Frey can go back with Aerarnis and her pupil. This should be a really good opportunity for both clans."

"Is there anything else we need to discuss?" Hadresham asked.

Perris shifted slightly. "There's the whole borders and territory thing, but perhaps we'd be better off leaving that for now and seeing how we get on? After all, the forest is plentiful enough at this time of year." It was a dangerous issue, but Perris seemed no reason to push the issue now. Certainly, their territory wasn't very large, as the clan itself wasn't very big. Provided the Root weren't going to force them out of their home, it wouldn't be like Simeon to be fussy about it.

Simeon looked towards the leaders of the Root. "Is this acceptable? If so, I shall be meeting the members of your clan at noon tomorrow."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2016 11:37 AM

"Noon tomorrow is acceptable," Aerarnis said, her wings rustling slightly.  "I will have Raloi coordinate the watches tomorrow, Katalmach," she said over her shoulder, and the could see the male Ambia nod in approval.  Sennalden straightened his posture, his sail and fins also standing.

"I will inform Merildra to prepare for tomorrow's journey," he said.  Katalmach gave a nod to this as well, and then, he turned to Simeon and their companions again.

"I hope that this alliance will be beneficial to both of our clans," he said, turning to walk back to their territory.

~~~

ImageImageImage
Irindor.  Merildra.  Krattia.

"Come now, Irindor," Aerarnis said, walking ahead of the group.  "From what they told us, she knows the forest well--and our night watches could certainly use her knowledge."

"I'm not denying that," the male Windgill said, his wings fluttering restlessly.  "I'm barely an apprentice sentinel--why did you pick me, out of all of the sentinels?"

"You've got the best night vision of all of us--aside from myself, of course," she said.  "If Katalmach had disagreed with this, one of my other sentinels would be here."  Here, she turned her attention to Krattia and Merildra.  "How do the two of you feel?"

"Yenaya is furious to be losing the only other full healer with abilities as innate as hers," Krattia said.  "But, learning more of the natural remedies of the forest would certainly aid in things."

"And I'm interested in learning more about another clan, and how they live," Merildra said, practically skipping.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/18/2016 12:07 PM

ImageImage

Frey wandered ahead of Simeon and Hadresham as they returned to the same spot they'd frequented yesterday, Medlar was a little ways behind. Frey held her nose in the air a moment. Yes, they definitely weren't far away.

"Hadresham, I want you to look after their diplomat." Simeon said quietly.

The much larger paragon considered them. "We've been over this," he said.

"I'm trusting you, Hads." Oh, it'd been a long time since he'd last been called that. It'd have been more endearing had Simeon not been asking something, but nonetheless, the words hit their mark.

"Of course," he replied, and they both smiled.

They entered the clearing slightly after Frey did, giving their guests a slight bow. "Aerarnis, it's good to see you again. As for the rest of you, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you all enjoy working with members of our clan, whether they're joining you, or you, us. I'm Simeon, this is my second-in-command, Hadresham, my sister, Frey and our healer, Medlar." She briefly gestured to each paragon in turn.

"I hope you'll find my knowledge useful. I look forward to working with you," Frey said.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2016 12:51 PM

"Simeon," Aerarnis said, lowering her head in greeting.  "It's good to see you again, too; and to meet more of your clan.  This is Merildra, our ambassador," she said, indicating the Sailfin, who stepped forward.  "...Krattia, one of our healers," she continued, as the much-smaller Placid stepped forward.  "...and Irindor, our newest sentinel."

"It is an honor," Merildra said, offering a bow.  Her sail also lowered in respect.  "I look forward to learning about your clan."

"And I look forward to learning about the remedies of this forest," Krattia said, stepping forward after Merildra.  "Our lead healer did have some... choice words about my being selected to come, but she understood after some persuasion."

"And I look forward to working with you," Irindor said, looking from Frey to Aerarnis after a few moments.

"So," Aerarnis said.  "How long shall this last?  We're rather flexible with how long this lasts," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next