A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Flighted First Steps [P]

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/30/2015 11:50 PM

Midday sun streamed through the leaves of the trees, dappling down amongst the ferns and forest floor. The gentle melody of songbirds echoed and the brooke trickled along, and for a moment, the world was quiet. For just a moment.

With a squawk and a crash, a streak of black and white raced through the woodlands at a much higher speed than was probably a good idea. Songbirds fled their perch and small rodents skittered away as the being made its way noisily along, chattering to itself excitedly in half-words and a series of chirps. It would have charged on for quite a long time, no doubt, if not for the thundering crack of a voice that followed its path.

"FAVERRO!" In a further tumble of feathers, the being came to a halt, smacking straight into a rather large tree trunk along the way. It shook its head, squawking again in surprise before bringing up a taloned hand to rub at the downy feathers there. Sharp brown eyes flicked around, searching out the source of the voice, but finding nothing. It quirked its head, seeming confused, before the voice spoke again - from directly behind them. "Do you not remember what I've told you again and again?"

The avian screeched, bouncing forward and spinning around to face the speaker. It relaxed somewhat as their gaze fell on the elven form, but still managed to look a little ruffled.

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Flighted First Steps [P]

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/30/2015 11:50 PM

"Kelllll," it whined, shuffling the wings on its back. "You startled me!" The elf sighed deeply, looking down at the much smaller avian form.

"My apologies, little one," they said, reaching out to place a finger gently on the tip of the beak. "But you're disturbing the forest with your antics. My daughter knows better." The bird snorted quietly, shifting her head meekly back from his touch.

"I was only playing!" She opened and closed her talons, shifting from clawed foot to clawed foot anxiously as she talked. "Don't little fox kits and bear cubs disturb the forest when they play as well? I was excited!"

"But you're not a kit nor a cub, Faverro," Kel'Vanis replied, tilting their head in return. "You're not even a hatchling, any longer. That's why I told you it was time for you to go." They folded their arms, peering thoughtfully downwards. "However, if you're sure you are still too young..."

"No!" Faverro squeaked immediately, fluttering her wings and bouncing upwards. "I'm ready! You said so! I've learned faster than any other student you've taught, you said so!" Kel'Vanis chuckled, nodding in turn.

"Alright, little feather," they said, motioning with their head. "Then let's go prepare, yes? You have no small journey ahead."

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Flighted First Steps [P]

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/01/2015 1:59 AM

They moved again through the forest, quieter this time. Faverro twisted her talons together, wings still fidgeting on her back as she moved. Her head bobbed and swerved as she glanced about. She'd never been able to stay still long - it was part of what had gotten her in trouble as a young chick. Her motions were very different from that of her mentor and adopted parent, who moved with small and careful movements, nearly silent among the trees. They had many years of practice over her, of course. She hoped to be able to keep as still as them, one day.

"...so you really do think I'm ready, right?" She finally asked, twisting her head to look at Kel. "I know I'm still very young, even for my kind."

"Young, yes," they replied, nodding as they moved between low branches. "Inexperienced, even more so - but also, ready. Yes."  They kept moving, Faverro fluttering over obstacles with her wings while Kel'Vanis moved easily across them like water. "You've listened closely to me and to the world around you. I have asked on this as much as you have, little feather. It is time."

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..