A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Chasing Dreams (Jedi) [M: L]

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 1:57 AM

Artemis Uditu
Quick note for anyone reading: The roleplay starts out in an undetermined place that is not Whisper Forest. I'm just putting the roleplay here since this is where most of it will take place.

Business wasn't exactly booming. Then again, in this small, god-forsaken town there were very few people who needed Art's particular skills. While she was handy with most any type of tool, her specialty was anything having to do with electronics. This place was too boring to have too many electronics for her to get her hands on. It was becoming increasingly difficult just to break even. Artemis was beginning to wonder if she'd ever save up the funds she needed to travel somewhere else.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Re: Chasing Dreams (Jedi) [M: L]

Postby Jedi » 10/18/2015 3:09 AM

ImageImage
Clyde and Blinky

Blinky strolled into the room, hopping around in excitement. "Hi there," she exclaimed, a huge grin across her face. "I heard you can fix stuff. Can you fix my headphones?" Without warning, the cheerwockee tossed up the headphones from her neck, landing them in the woman's lap. Dragging his feet behind her was Clyde, "Although I'm sure you have other stuff to do." Clyde dragged himself beside Blinky and layed down, moping for no reason. Blinky, who had started tapping her feet on the ground in excitement, kept her eyes fixed on the human who sat behind the counter.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 3:14 AM

With her feet up on the desk and a magazine in her hands, Artemis wouldn't have noticed the two unusual customers if it hadn't been for the sound of the little bell she had placed above the door. She slid the magazine onto the desk and looked up, just in time to see something be thrown in her direction. Luckily, it landed harmlessly on her lap without doing any damage to her face or any other body parts.

"Huh? Oh, uhh...lemme check it out." The woman studied the headphones, trying to see how badly they were broken. "Looks like some frayed wires...I can probably replace them easily. It might take a little while though." She looked up and grinned. "Ya know, I'm probably screwing myself over by saying this, but it might be cheaper to just buy a new pair of headphones. I mean, unless these ones are super expensive or something." She turned them over in her hands, looking for some sort of brand name but finding none.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/18/2015 3:28 AM

"No thank you," Blinky said in an excited tone. "I just want these ones fixed." Clyde kept his head slumped on the floor while he talked. "She's just attatched. She's had them since before she can remember, which isn't that long ago." Blinky simply perked up in an excited "Yep!" Blinky hopped up, putting her front paws on the desk and looking at the woman. "So can you fix 'em?" She continued to repeat the words several times until she'd get a response from the woman, while Clyde covered his ears with his own headphones. "Can you fix 'em? Can you fix 'em? Can you fix 'em?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 3:32 AM

Anyone else would have probably been annoyed at the Wockee's enthusiasm. Luckily, Artemis simply laughed out loud. "Sure, I can fix them. Like I said, though, it'll take a little while." Looking around, she gestured to a couple of chairs and a large couch pressed against one wall. "You guys can sit and wait here if you like. Or you can come back and pick them up later. First, I need you to fill out these forms." She made a face, sticking out her tongue. "I know, it's a lot of information to write down for a pair of freakin' headphones. But I have to keep everything organized or I'll get myself into trouble."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/18/2015 3:43 AM

"OKAY!" she yelled out, excited to start drawing. Blinky grabbed several different colored crayons from a knapsack she had strapped to her side. While she colored the forms, she began singing in childish rhythm. "Ladadida, ladidada. Laladidi dadida." Slowly, Clyde pulled the papers from her before she ruined them. "I'll fill them out... I guess," he said before Blinky let out a "Hey!" She quickly forgot about them however and started drawing on the floor. Clyde let out out a few mopey sighs while he filled them out, then set them on the desk. "Sorry about the mess. I really should stop her, but she wouldn't listen if I ask." Immediately, he went back to laying on the floor. Meanwhile, Blinky had managed to draw several flowers, kittens and a rainbow on the floor, still singing in her childish tone.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 4:14 AM

Once again, Artemis was proven to be a patient and overall friendly kind of person. Refraining from becoming angry at the Cheerwockee, she simply nodded to the drawings on the floor. "Well, I was thinking about redecorating. She'll just save me some money." It was obvious that the two were an odd pair. The woman wanted to ask Clyde what was wrong, but she figured that she didn't know him well enough to be prying. Taking the completed forms, she grabbed the headphones and began heading into the back room. "I'll be back in a bit," she said. "If you guys end up deciding to leave for a bit, I'll call the number you left on the form when your headphones are ready."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/18/2015 4:30 AM

Blinky mostly ignored her, still singing and coloring, while Clyde gave a melancholic "okay."

After a minute or two, Blinky hopped up. "Hey Clyde! Hey Clyde! Guess what I drew! Guess what I drew!" She was practically bouncing around him, trying to get his attention. "Is it a raincloud?" "Nope," she said repeatedly. "I guess I'll take a look," he said after letting out a huff. He scooted his head over enough to see her drawing. It was a very crude drawing of the two of them, not having any resemblance except for the frownee face on Clyde. "What is it? A pink potato and a brown potato?" he asked, his expression very sluggish. "No silly," she said as she lightly tapped his head. "It's us!" Clyde let out a sigh, then commented, "I can see the resemblance."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 4:41 AM

It took a while for Artemis to fix the headphones. Once they were completed, she walked back into the main room. She had fully expected for the two to have taken off, and was surprised to find them still sitting there. "Wow, you guys must be really patient." Spotting the crayons still clenched in the more cheerful Wockee's hand, she added, "Or you were just able to occupy yourselves really well." She held out the headphones. "Here, try these. I tinkered with it a bit aside from fixing it, so the audio quality should be killer."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/18/2015 4:53 AM

"Oh. Okay. I guess we can go now." Clyde slowly began to stand up, though he was still slumped over. Blinky however, hopped up at the first sign of her fixed headphones. "Ooh, thank you, thank you thank you!" Immediately, she threw them over her ears and began singing loudly and off key. "LALALADI, LADI DADI DA!" Clyde slumped towards the desk and looked at the woman. "She'll probably ruin her ears. What do we owe you? Probably too much, as always." he said in his sad tone. "WE CAN AFFORD IT, CLYDE! THEY WORK GREAT!" said Blinky, not realizing how loud she was being.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 1:13 PM

Wincing slightly at the enthusiastic and all too loud voice, Artemis had to raise her own voice to reply to Clyde. "If you guys don't have a lot of keystones, I'll be happy to take some sort of payment plan. Are you staying around here for a while?" She sat down in the chair she had been sitting in when the two entered. "To be honest, I don't care too much about getting my payment right away. I just like helping. It's probably part of the reason why my business is suffering - I don't care much about the profits." She laughed half-hardheartedly. "Where are you guys from, anyways? This is a pretty small town. I would have noticed you around if you lived here, I think."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/18/2015 1:34 PM

"We have enough," said the emowockee, who then placed a large coin purse on the desk and started pulling out keystones slowly. With every stone, he let out a depressed sigh. When he had the appropriate amount on the table, he slowly put the purse back in his own hip-strapped knapsack.

"We're not from here," said Clyde as he rested his head on the desk's edge. "We don't have anywhere to call home." "EVERYWHERE IS HOME!" corrected Blinky, who was now spinning in circles and looking at the ceiling. "YOU JUST HAVE KNOW HOW TO ENJOY IT!"

Blinky stopped spinning as soon as she got too dizzy, then went to collapse on the desk as well. She took off her headphones and lowered her voice appropriately. "So where are you from?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 1:41 PM

Artemis' eyes widened at the sight of so many keystones. "You might want to keep that well hidden," she said as she pocketed the payment. "I'm one of the less greedy people in the area, and I'm already thinking of robbing you blind." She smiled, showing that she was only kidding. But her eyes stayed on the bag of currency. If she had that much, she could get out of here for good.

"I'm from here," Artemis replied, not sounding too happy about it. "I've been wanting to get away for a while now. I want to explore the Whisper Forest. Did you know that people have gone missing there? How awesome would it be to be the one to discover where exactly they all ended up!" Her voice had grown in excitement, but now it became sad as she sighed. "I'll probably never have the funds, though."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/18/2015 2:05 PM

"Vanishing people," Clyde asked in a half worried tone. "It sounds dangerous. Why would you want to go there?" "OOH! I love mysteries!" exclaimed Blink. "Can we come? We've got enough for all three of us." Clyde just laid there, brooding as usual. "I'm sure we'll probably get on your nerves, though." Blinky was now leaning towards the mechanic, wagging her tail vigorously. "Oh yeah! We never introduced ourselves. I'm Blinky." She waved her hand faster than she ought to, then pointed to her companion. "And that's my brother Clyde. We're twins!" Clyde interupted, stating "We're fraternal twins, in case you haven't noticed."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/18/2015 2:08 PM

Things were suddenly moving too fast for Artemis. "Wait a minute...you would pay my way there? Just to be able to come with me?" Without thinking, she threw one arm around Blinky and the other around Clyde. "Oh my goodness, yes! I could put up with anything if it means I get to go exploring in those forests!" Grinning widely, she added, "My name is Artemis Uditu, but you can call me Art."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next