A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

An Existential Crisis in C# [Mojave & I] [M]

Postby Night » 11/11/2016 4:08 AM

They had been driving for the better half of an eternity. Lero could feel his brain slowly starting to deteriorate, the unfortunate outcome of hours pressed too-tightly against various other members of their small crew in a cramped van. Brian had turned the radio off entirely an hour ago, citing a headache (Which was total bullshit, and they all knew it was because Jay wouldn't quit flipping channels in the passenger seat.) and Lero was going to murder someone if they did not get out of this wretched vehicle. The situation had devolved at an astounding rate, the overly loud whirring of the engine spurning a sort of madness within him that had lain complacent only on the terms that the radio remained on. The fifteenth time that he asked if they were there yet, Brian had slammed on the brakes and pulled the van into a rest stop just off the side of the road.

Lero could only find a minimal amount of guilt stowed away inside of him when the other man turned around to stare him dead in the eyes. "Get out." He would have laughed, were it not for the deadly serious tone that Brian employed.

"You can't be serious. You're going to leave me here, in the middle of nowhere?" What little guilt he had salvaged evaporated, replaced instead by sheer incredulity. He deferred automatically to Bob, propped lazily in the seat beside him, to talk some sense into Brian since he was obviously completely mad. Bob, in his ever helpful way, was asleep. Snoring from the backseat indicated that Oliver would be equally useless.

Brian sighed, pinching his thumb and forefinger over the bridge of his nose. "Just... I think we need to get out and walk around a bit. I'm not going to leave you here." Despite the misunderstanding, he couldn't find it in himself to feel bad over the assumption. If it were anyone else, he would have ditched them ages ago and felt no remorse. But Lero was so small, and generally sickly, and he just couldn't bring himself to abandon him in the mists of the forest that they found themselves passing through.

The next big city they hit, though, it was no holds barred.

Lero huffed, but carefully extracted himself from the window seat and around Bob, somehow managing to do so without waking him up and incurring his wrath. Jay appeared beside him as he quietly slid the door closed behind him, pointing him towards a lone picnic table stationed in the middle of the rest stop. It was the only sign of any human colonization in the area.

"Doesn't this look inviting." Brian threw his arms out, trying to encompass both the pathetic excuse for a rest area and the vastness of the forest in one demeaning gesture.

"More like the setting for a horror movie." No one could hear him, having run ahead, but Lero was at least comforted by the fact that he could always say 'I told you so' when an axe murderer inevitably decided to make themselves known.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Re: An Existential Crisis in C# [Mojave & I] [M]

Postby Mojave » 11/11/2016 11:15 PM

From the shadows of the forest, Tarot had watched as small groups of travelers stopped at the rinkydink rest stop. All of them had been unimpressed and quickly returned to their vehicles- after all, it wasn't like there was even an outhouse to relieve oneself in. Not that he minded, he wasn't here to socialize, just to rest and think before he continued on his journey.

For the past several years, he'd served as a mercenary, throwing himself into his work and cutting himself off from real relationships. Well, all except one, but Kyruit was happy living in a fancy house with lots of baubles and 'friends' to impress. So he'd sent all his earnings from his last paycheck to her with a note that he had something personal to take care of and if she needed him, she knew how to find him.

So here he was, hiding in the woods despite the cold and damp, wallowing. Not in mud, but in self pity which was just as bad, he decided. Irritably, he looked down at the object hanging from his neck, once again confused as to what exactly he was supposed to do with a locket. Huffing to himself, he stood and stretched. Time to get going.

His musings were interrupted by a vehicle pulling over rather abruptly and several people piling out. He noted the sleeping forms that remained in the vehicle, and turned his attention to the three who had exited the car. He had no intention of approaching them, but one of them was standing rather close to his hiding spot in the underbrush.

Consequently, he heard Lero's muttered comment about a horror movie. Unable to help himself, he gave a small coughing laugh and stepped forward to make some snarky comment. His paw landed on a dry twig, which snapped audibly. He looked up quickly to see how the boy would react, and was rewarded by weak sunlight striking down onto his exposed retinas. The result, to anyone standing in the rest stop, was that his eyes were glowing visibly and his form obscured as an ominous shadow just inside the foliage.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Night » 11/12/2016 2:17 AM

Lero liked to consider himself a scary movie aficionado. He had enjoyed catching his cheap thrills in the b-list section at the local movie rental store, and to any who asked he would even go so far as to say they were living in some sort of walking reincarnation of a horror film. That is to say, if the movie focused almost explicitly on the boring aspects of a supernatural investigation, with the odd spiritual possession to lighten the monotony. They weren't nearly so lucky as to be in a blockbuster.

To enjoy and frequently experience a hint of horror when one was expecting it, real or otherwise, is entirely different from the sudden appearance of a ghoulish figure in the mist mere feet from where you're standing. He's not too proud to admit to what followed.

He screamed.

There was someone standing right there, lurking in the bushes in a manor that would more than befit the aforementioned axe murderer. He stumbled backwards, tumbling over in a cartoonish effort to get away. Brian and Jay didn't even bother to come investigate his yelling, which he thought may say something. Whether it was his own inability to be quiet or their lack of morals was anyone's best guess.

When he managed to right himself, his fear instinct quieted, segueing into righteous indignation. "What the heck! You can't just sneak up on people in a rest stop like that!" The lack of immediate violent action translated, in his mind, into lack of intent. Not an axe murderer, then. Just a creepy individual lurking around in the middle of nowhere. "Who are you? Why are you just creeping around in the bushes at a truck stop? 'Cause I gotta tell ya, dude, ten outta ten for making an entrance, but it's pretty weird."

Brian and Jay didn't even deserve to be alerted to the presence of the 'truck stop creeper,' as he had deemed the individual. If they didn't care enough to come investigate his potential murder, happening a mere hundred yards away, then it was their own fault if the dude pulled out a chainsaw and went to town. (He didn't mean that, even if it would be a fitting punishment to Brian for both neglecting to come to his aid and turning off the radio.)
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 11/12/2016 5:04 PM

Tarot's ears flattened against his skull as the stranger screamed. He stepped forward, at first with the intention of reassuring Lero that he wasn't an axe murderer; his next step was to help the boy regain his footing. Neither gesture was needed, and as the two faced each other, Tarot was fully revealed to be a heavily scarred oddly colored Sahound, and too far away from the safety of the underbrush to hide. Well, he could have taken two steps back, but that would have been weirder than how things were already going.

"Technically," he spoke telepathically, projecting his voice into the space between them so anyone in their vicinity could hear him as if he were speaking, "I was here first and you approached me. So there wasn't any intentional stealth involved." Despite being a psychic projection, his voice was obviously masculine and laden with his emotions. In this case, it was full of amusement but with an obvious effort to console the boy he'd inadvertently startled. He stood, openly sizing Lero up, one canid brow quirked and mouth slightly open. He kept his tongue in his mouth, however. No house-pet lolling tongue from this dog.

"My name is Tarot, you know, like those fortune-teller cards. And what can I say, I lke to make an entrance." He introduced himself, opting to ignore the question of what he had been doing. "What were you doing, walking into spooky woods alone?" He sat back on his haunches so he didn't have to cran his neck to keep facing the human boy.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 11/13/2016 11:24 PM

The chances of the stranger being a murderous lunatic were decreasing with every passing breath. It seemed very unlikely that someone with homicidal intentions would just reveal their identity to their next victim - not only was it a waste of time, but it would prove to be a very stupid move in the event that he managed to get away. Lero squinted at the sahound, looking him over.

It should have been more disconcerting that the stranger (Tarot, he repeated to himself so he wouldn't forget) spoke more to his mind that to his ears. It was a testament to previous experiences that it wasn't. He scoffed. "So what, you're saying that I'm the one that was creeping up on you?" Although, if what the guy was saying was true, then... yeah, he actually was. He felt kind of bad about his initial reaction now. He slid his hands into his pockets for lack of anything better to do with them.

Introductions were always somewhat awkward for him. He never knew whether to give his real name, which he hated, or his nickname, which was rather out of context and seemed deceitful. "Francis." He decided. "And I wasn't walking alone, I'm here with my friends." He gestured over his shoulder towards the bench, where Jay and Brian were, and then to the van, where the outline of Oliver's sleeping form was pressed unattractively against the window. "Or, well. My supposed friends. They didn't exactly make a point of checking to see if I were dying, or anything." Granted, they could probably see him from their position. A quick glance in his direction would be more than enough to confirm his wellbeing.

Lero scuffed the toe of his sneaker against the gravel of the parking lot, unsure of what to say. What sort of conversation did you strike up with a random individual in a secluded truck stop? There wasn't much to be said. "What are you doing out here, anyway?" A quick glance back towards their own vehicle told him that there were no other cars.

Jay had apparently picked this moment precisely to make an appearance. "I heard you scream." He said it as though he were remarking on the color of the sky. Lero was really going to have to reevaluated how often he just let out piercing shrieks of terror, apparently. Jay waved at the newcomer, looking entirely unfazed. "Hey."

"This is Tarot." Lero introduced. "He's a truck stop creeper."

"Cool." Jay was stupidly hard to impress. "Brian says we have to leave soon."
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/14/2016 1:12 AM

He watched as the boy slowly settled down, but laughed at his accusing question. "As I said, neither of us were intentionally sneaking. Besides, this is a rest stop and there was a chance you were coming into the privacy of the bushes to take a leak. Forgive me, but an unexpected golden shower was the last thing I needed."

He let the awkward moment stretch out, unsure himself how to end it. If this stranger was unwilling to give his name in return, what did one do at that point except awkwardly excuse oneself and go about his merry way? Tarot relaxed when Francis gave his name, peering again at the companions scattered through the rest stop. Not seeing anything more interesting than Oliver's sleeping posture, Tarot turned his attention back to Francis. Instead of reassuring him that his friends cared, he kept silent. What did he know about their inner relationships?

He was spared a second time from saying what he had been doing by Jay's arrival and then Francis introducing him as a 'truck stop creeper'. The blatant unconcern of the new kid caused Tarot to seriously consider if Francis had been exaggerating when he accused his companions of not caring. "You wouldn't happen to be heading east, would you?" Tarot asked. He knew that was the direction they were headed, based on the car's position. A small voice was nagging in the back of his head, something telling him that he might want to join them. He wrote it off as concern for Francis's safety, not having received any reassurance of it from the boy's companions.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 11/17/2016 12:11 AM

Jay pinned Tarot with a hard gaze, searching. His face was oddly devoid of any emotion. Lero was jealous, in a way. He had never been able to pull of the careful poker face that Jay used so effortlessly. His emotions had always strewn so carelessly about his face, every little detail of his insides splayed out for the world to see. He thought it must be nice, to be a closed book.

"I don't know if Brian will like it." He answered finally, but shrugged one shoulder and nodded towards the van, as if to say, "Come on then." He wandered off, his lanky and awkward form hunching away to climb into the passenger seat of the van once more.

"Sorry about Jay." Lero gave a sideways sort of smile. "He's really not that bad, he's just a bit... strange." He wasn't sure if it was the correct word to describe him. But then, it wasn't inaccurate. He supposed he should count his blessings that Oliver hadn't been the one that had found them. Tarot would have been scared away through the sheer volume of conversation that he'd have been gifted.

"I guess we're leaving. You're coming then?" The short man followed after his friend, drawing open the sliding door at the side of the van. Bob was still sleeping, or at least doing his best to appear as though he were. Lero wasn't convinced entirely. His bag hadn't been open when they had left, but the zipper was edged open just the slightest bit, as though it had been rummaged through recently. Evidentially Bob didn't want to talk then.

"Anwhere you can fit. Sorry, it's a bit cramped." It was embarrassing, honestly. They had been living out of the vehicle for a millennium, easily. It felt that way. There was various garbage hanging on the floorboards, books lying open and face down on the backs of seats to hold their places. Bags were settled into the majority of the open space between seats, leaving little leg room. The back of the van looked equally as uninviting, full of boxes, books, and what appeared to be an assortment of weapons in various states of use. A wooden rosary was strung up in the rearview mirror, swaying with the van as they clamored inside. Oliver was drooling on the window, his face pressed flat against the cool glass. Brian turned over his shoulder, his eyebrows scrunched together as he took in the stranger from the driver's seat.

"Who's this?" He asked in what Lero liked to refer to as his 'mom voice.'

"That's Lero's new friend. He's riding with us for a while." Jay answered before Lero got the chance, his voice leaving little room for question. Lero was struck suddenly with an odd sense of foreboding. Jay rarely acquiesced to his requests so easily, and was generally wary of hitchhikers after an unfortunate run in with a gypsy woman that spent the entire ride insisting that the birthmark on his arm meant certain death. Despite his generally skeptical attitude, he was well aware of Jay's unusual talent. His 'Gods given gift,' Oliver would say. He slid a sideways glance at Tarot, eyes curious.

"So, you never did say why you were at the truck stop."
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/17/2016 1:03 AM

He bore the scrutiny stoically, meeting Jay's expressionless stare with his own unemotional one. Sometimes, being unable to take human shape was beneficial; he doubted he would have been able to hide his emotions or thoughts so well with such a flabby face that had evolved or been created to be so full of expression. Despite the warning that the driver may not like it, he was still invited into the van, so he followed. He trusted they would work out if he was really welcome shortly.

Tarot shrugged to dismiss Francis's apology, "No offense taken. I'm sure things will sort themselves out momentarily." He replied, stepping up to the van as the boy opened the sliding door. Tarot's ears flattened involuntarily, and he considered the lack of seat space that would relegate him to the floor among the trash. His sensitive nose twitched as he tried not to smell, though he of course couldn't block out his olfactory sense. He gingerly clambered into the van, making his way to the back to lay on the luggage. He was small enough that he couldn't damage anything, though he was careful to nudge the weapons aside so that something didn't fall on him and slice or chop parts of him off.

When Brian turned around and inquired about him, Tarot let Jay explain things and then he looked at Brian. "If it's okay with you." He added, not wanting to be the cause of internal strife and completely unaware of Francis's foreboding. He was still waiting for Brian to tell him to get out, if he even was going to, so he didn't look at Francis as he replied. "I'm on a... mission of sorts." He answered, almost saying 'quest' instead of mission. He was still getting used to speaking to younger humans and their slang, so often had to catch himself before using archaic terminology. "And you never answered why you were going into the woods." He sniffed, as if to imply that since Francis wasn't willing to answer directly, neither was he and that he honestly preferred they just gloss over that entire section of questions.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 11/17/2016 1:49 AM

The van door slid closed, and the vehicle was started with no further inquiry from Brian. Sometimes Lero was astounded by the way he had so little tolerance for the small things, but picking up hitchhikers in the middle of nowhere raised no complaint. He could distinctly recall a time when he had been given the cold shoulder for having the sniffles. Not that he couldn't understand, given that at the time he had been the only photographer for Brian's failing studio, and they really hadn't been able to afford him being sick. Unfortunately, it was the curse of his existence, and something far beyond his control. He had a shitty immune system, and Brian had apologized. After the yelling.

One last fruitless glance at the front seat, and he was turning over his shoulder. His short stature made it look as though his head was hunched down against his arm when he threw it over the back seat to look at Tarot, scrunched in with all of their demon hunting garbage in the back of the van. He felt a bit bad for the guy.

"I was just walking." He answered honestly. It was hard to explain, the need that sometimes overtook him which demanded he just be anywhere else but where he currently was. His mother had called it a wander lust. He liked to think it was something so romantic, but realistically, it was a combination of childhood adhd and a jittery energy that suggested he either punch something or walk until he got tired. "Stretching my legs. We've been on the road for... quite a while." He didn't know how long, honestly. They had left the Holy City months ago, and had been non-stop for just as long. Days slid together, a blurry haze in his mind that left one indistinguishable from the next. There were sharp moments intermixed; the rusty smell of blood overladen with panic and fear. The bite of pain in his side as his lungs struggled to keep up while he ran. The uncomfortable feeling he was always left with when he was inhabited by something more, another soul, another energy that his body was only barely able to contain. And the cross, always the cross - the harsh angles where wood met at a perfect ninety degrees that was burned into even his dreams.

"Nowhere particular in mind."

The idea of a 'mission' of sorts set him further on edge. It wasn't that he was particularly afraid. Tarot didn't come off like a murderer at the rest stop, and he didn't come off as one now. It was the fact that if Tarot was searching for something, and Jay wasn't putting up a fight to his accompaniment, there was something more to this that he wasn't seeing. They were at the edge of something vast, and even he could sense that he wasn't going to enjoy this very much. It's too bad. Tarot seemed like a nice guy.

"So a mission, huh?"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/17/2016 2:24 AM

When Brian turned away to resume his role as driver, Tarot returned his gaze to Francis. He blinked once and slow, giving the boy a look that plainly said he would have preferred they kept their respective secrets. "Yes, trying to help someone I met a long time ago."

He sighed, thinking back to the first war between the Purists and the Imperials. He'd served the Purists, which as an Imperial Sahound, had been difficult to say the least. And despite the ill treatment he'd received from both sides, he'd fought and died to defend the Purine shrine from an insane moonling. True, he was very much alive now thanks to a goddess that hadn't so much as acknowledged him since, but still, it was a scary thought. Why would a goddess choose to bring him back but not others? Why not bring back those that he'd met in that strange gray place between life and death? Regardless of the reason, they were still stuck and it was all his fault for not being able to find what the spirits needed so they could move on. He'd failed in upholding his promise.

Though his face couldn't show just how bitter he was, his voice when he next spoke practically dripped with it. "I made a promise to someone, and I've been unable to uphold that promise. I'm trying to uphold it now." He softened his voice so Francis wouldn't think he was angry at him, "Tell you what, if we're still traveling together in three days, I'll tell you more if you want to know. But right now, we're strangers, and despite you lot being kind enough to let me join you, I really don't like talking about this." He took a shuddering breath, ears laying back against his skull as he turned away from Francis to look out the window.

He didn't intend to be in their company in three days, so he figured the "promise" wasn't one he would have to keep. He just wanted to be sure this kid was safe and wasn't going to end up dead or otherwise hurt due to neglect on behalf of his companions. He was, as he'd later come to realize, completely ignorant of what he'd stepped into.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 11/19/2016 1:58 AM

Lero was willing to let it drop, if only because he could see that there was no use in pushing buttons when they were all trapped in a tin can hurtling down the highway at sixty miles an hour. He didn't need Brian to recede his assurance that he wasn't going to drop him on the side of the highway. He'd seen Deliverance, okay, and he knew he was far too little and far too pretty to be left alone in the backwoods to hitch hike. If the misted forest was the setting for a horror movie, he wasn't going to go inviting lady luck into the equation.

Brian saved him from replying by inserting himself into the conversation in the manor that only Brian could successfully pull off; by changing the subject completely and acting ignorant to their discussion. It wasn't rude, really. More a tactful change of subject. "So, Tarot - where are we taking you?" Deep purple eyes peered back at them in the rearview.

Lero sighed, rolling back into his seat and flopping against the window. The celling of the van didn't look any more interesting than it had at the beginning of their journey, save a few splotchy stains here and there. He tried to make shapes out of them; that one could be a dog, if you squinted just the right way, and that one kind of looked like Oliver when he had on his priest's vestments.

Barely any time had passed. "We're heading back to the city," Brian was saying now, Jay entirely silent in the passenger seat.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/20/2016 3:08 AM

When Brian asked him where they could take him, he considered for a moment. He looked at Lero, thinking of everything he'd seen so far. He looked up at the ceiling of the van, and the fur along his spine stood up a little as he recognized that some of it was blood. His gaze shot back to Brian. "The city is fine." He kept his voice neutral, though he wondered if there was something going on more sinister than a group of friends traveling together.

"So, what do you lot do for a living?" Tarot inquired, gazing pointedly at all the trash in the car and the luggage he was sprawled across.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 11/20/2016 4:12 AM

The question wasn't entirely unexpected, and Lero had been waiting for it. Actually, he had thought it would come as soon as they opened the van door to reveal the multitude of weaponry and religious paraphernalia stuffed inside. The fact that it had taken this long for it to surface spoke either of remarkable indifference, or extreme stupidity on Tarot's part. Lero couldn't be sure which. He exchanged a pointed look with Brian, who in turn looked over at Jay. Jay shrugged, remaining indifferent as always.

It wasn't as though what they did was particularly unsavory. It had much more to do with the fact that the vast majority of it wasn't public knowledge. The church was very keen on their secrets. If they weren't, well, the group wouldn't have a job at all. Their entire purpose was settled around maintaining the careful image of the Holy Triumvirate. They were somewhat limited on what they could share.

The entire exchange took place in mere moments. Jay turned over his shoulder, the seat belt straining against him. "We're photographers." He announced, weaving just enough of the truth into the lie that it could pass as convincing. They were indeed. Or they used to be. It would be an easy cover to maintain, if their knowledge was questioned. Bob would call it "Creative truth telling."  They could probably get away with it.

That is, the four of them, minus Oliver, who had picked precisely this moment to flail violently into the conscious plane. Oliver was one of the few people Lero had ever met that came awake all at once, without the hazy cling to sleep that most people experienced. He sat up suddenly and without preamble, flinching away from the cool window and looking around them. "We're not to the church yet?" He rubbed his hand over his face, clearing the last vestiges of sleep from his features. "The Cardinal isn't going to be pleased."

Lero covered his face with his hands.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/20/2016 5:22 PM

If he could have displayed human expressions, Tarot would have smirked. Instead, he turned his gaze to Jay and nodded as if he believed him. "Fair enough." He shrugged to display he didn't care either way. His eyes slid around to examine the luggage more closely- especially the weapons. Obviously he didn't believe them, normal photographers didn't have such strange weapons or blood splatters in their vehicle. He was holding his own secret close to his chest, so he wasn't going to demand the truth from them. He could take care of himself, so if they were kidnappers who murdered hitchhikers, he was fairly confident he could escape.

When Oliver awoke, Tarot again was glad his face was predominantly expressionless. He glanced among the other passengers in the car, noting Francis covering his face. He'd started the charade of believing them to be photographers, so now he must maintain it- for now. "I'm sure a photo shoot isn't something a cardinal would get his robes in a twist over." Tarot ventured casually, doubting anyone who called themselves after a tiny bird with sneakers took anything seriously.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 11/20/2016 8:37 PM

Oliver was famously oblivious. He noticed Tarot for the first time when the sahound spoke, blinking and yanking his head around suddenly. "Oh!" A brief something flashed behind his eyes, an almost imperceptible flare of color that could have easily been dismissed. "How did you do that?" Referring, of course, to Tarot's rather unusual method of communication.

It struck Lero as somewhat odd, that Oliver didn't ask any questions or seem remotely surprised to find an additional passenger aboard. He shrugged it off as the priest's general lack of self preservation. He was speaking animatedly now, doubtlessly having given Tarot no room to answer his original question. "That's so cool! You're like Professor X, from the X-Men! Or, well. You can still use your legs, I guess, so not exactly like Professor X. Maybe more like Doctor Strange. Do you have any other powers?" He paused here, to take a breath, and it was Bob that interrupted. Lero hadn't realized he was awake.

"For God's sake, Oli, the guy isn't one of your made up super heroes." He said gruffly. "Give the dude a break."

Oliver shot him an incredulous look, which mutated into a scowl. "You shouldn't use the Maker's name in vain, Dupree." He seemed willing to let the topic fall to the wayside, though. He turned himself over in his seat, a shock of almost white hair that seemed too old for his youthful face. "And why would the Cardinal be-"

Lero cut him off. "You're right, he probably won't care if we're late to take a few photos of the church." He sent an imploring gaze Oliver's direction. Unfortunately, trying to be subtle with Oliver was sometimes akin to dropping hints in a black hole.

"If you want to take pictures of the Cardinal, that's entirely your prerogative Frankie. But I wouldn't have thought he was your type." Lero blanched. The Cardinal, as they were calling him, was old. Very old. And bald. Definitely not his type, not by a long shot.

"You really are an idiot sometimes, Oliver." Jay drawled from the front seat. Sometimes he questioned if his brother had been dropped on his head when he was young. Out a window. Into a busy road.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next