A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Divine Justice [Self]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/13/2016 5:24 PM

ImageImage

India and Stan were currently on the edge of the Whisper Forest. It was becoming colder and India knew that Samhain would be upon them soon. The wind had been violent all day and was currently picking up dead leaves from the forest floor and throwing them all about. They were both on their knees digging into the hard layers of ash that were well known to be the ground they walked on. It was common knowledge that it wasn’t dirt that they walked on but nobody cared enough to ponder why. The witches enjoyed it because it was easy to come by when they needed some ash for potions or spells. They had been digging for almost the whole day and India was slowly losing her patience, “Stan how do you know that there is actually anything underneath all this ash? Also, does it matter even if there is. The plants in the Underworld grow just fine in this environment.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: Divine Justice [Self]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/13/2016 5:24 PM

“I know that there is something underneath,” he mumbled letting out a defeated sigh. “I’m the reason why there is ash covering the ground down here,” he admitted slightly ashamed. “I have recently come to own some very interesting plants that will not survive in our harsh terrane because they are not from around here. However, I believe you are right. Looking for something beyond all this ash is proving futile,” he laid down the tool that he had been digging with.

The ash cover all the Underworld’s floor. What could Stan have done to cause that sort of thing? “what did you do?”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/13/2016 5:25 PM

“A story for another time India. It happened before I took on this persona and I don’t like to talk about those times,” he stood up and looked around. “We have a far bigger problem to deal with anyhow,” he sensed trouble brewing.

India also stood, “what is it?”

“The witches are planning something and I need you to find out what,” Stan said not needing to demand it.

India brushed herself off quickly. This new task would be far more enjoyable, “of course. Is there anything in particular that I should keep an eye out for?”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“Hmm, I would keep a close eye out for Elvira. She seems to be at the center of it,” he spoke softly as his eye looked distant and unfocused concentrating on a view that did not surround them.

“Alright then I’ll be on my way,” India nodded her goodbye before she slipped her heavy winter cloak on and left. As she walked away against the wind she thought about how she should keep an eye on the witches. The few times that she had to in the past it all proved to be interesting. They were normally bickering amongst each other or up to some of the most sinister things that could be found in the Underworld. It did help that she was human and that the witches couldn’t sense that she was lurking about.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

~Weeks later~
“Elvira is gathering a group of different creatures to leave the Underworld with this all Hallows Eve,” India paused, “for good. It also seems that Imelda and most of the elder witches want nothing to do with it. Imelda took it personally and banned Elvira and any other witch that had something to do with from the coven and wished an early death upon them.” Stan hadn’t looked up from his book the whole but let out a little scoff when he heard about Imelda’s antics.

India waited a bit before asking, “Would you like me to-“

“do absolutely nothing. Yes, I believe that is what I want you to do for now. I’m curious to see what will happen,” he looked up from his book for the first during the whole conversation.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/13/2016 5:26 PM

India didn’t move a muscle, “are you sure Stan?” Before she could get an answer from him the door opened. India immediately crept into a corner letting the darkness hide her in plain sight. Speak of the devil and she shall appear India thought as she watched Elvira’s shadow be casted on the floor before the shop door closed behind her.

“Elvira what can I do for you today?” Stan asked as she approached his desk.

“I have a proposition for you Stan,” she answered.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/13/2016 5:27 PM

“Oh please do go on. You have me quite intrigued,” he spoke as the orbs that sat in place of his eyes danced with excitement.

“There is a group of us who are planning on leaving the Underworld. Your talents could be quite useful if you chose to come with us,” she knew Stan was a unique and that having a one of a kind skeleton on their side would come in handy.
Stan wanted to laugh out loud but he reframed and kept his calm demeanor intact. He had wanted to tell her many things. Lecture her on her stupidity but that would just push her down the wrong path further. He knew from experience that the whole idea would lead to her death but she would need to figure that out herself.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“May I ask however what has brought this upon you? What do you plan on getting out of going to the mortal realm?” he asked trying to fill in the gaps of information that India was not able to acquire.

“Revenge,” she simply stated. “I wanna watch the world burn for how it treated me when I was still human,” determination and anger laced her words.

“No,” he bluntly answered.

Elvira didn’t understand, “what do you mean by no?”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“I mean I will not be part of your revenge. That path of destruction that your walking will not lead you anywhere good,” Stan knew all too well about that and he had no desire to repeat past mistakes.

Angered Elvira spat, “you wouldn’t know the first thing about revenge.” She stormed out of the shop knocking things off their shelves with her long coat.

Stan watched her leave, “you have no idea.” He whispered under his breath before turning back to India, “what did my plants ever do to her?”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/13/2016 5:28 PM

India picked up one of the pots that wasn’t damaged and put it back on the shelve, “would you like me to take care of her now?”

“No, she will get to the mortal world and Divine Justice will take care of her,” he waved her off.

“Alright then I’ll take my leave then,” India said dejected. She had never killed a witch before and had been looking forward to it.

Stan chuckled, “don’t sound too disappointed. You’ll have your chance soon enough.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate