A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Discretion [Self]

Postby Isalynne » 12/13/2016 9:32 PM

Was this even where she was supposed to be?

The place was not exactly the height of style or sophistication. In fact, it was downright depressing - the fog was thick enough to suffocate, and the ground squelched unpleasantly beneath Lamia's boots as she walked. Every tree looked like the next tree. There was no way of telling if she was going round in circles or not; she could only hope that that was not the case. What a whole load of fuss over nothing.
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1615
Donate

Re: Discretion [Self]

Postby Isalynne » 12/13/2016 9:37 PM

The purpose of her excursion was relatively straightforward - find the item that had been dropped off in an inconvenient location for them, and get the hell out of there. Lamia thought herself an educated woman, more than capable of doing a menial task like that, but she hadn't been anticipating this level of hunting. Could they not just have met at some abandoned shack or something, closer to civilisation? Trekking out into the wilderness was a huge waste of time and energy.

The forest didn't seem to be thinning at all, no matter how many twists and turns she took.
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/14/2016 1:02 PM

There had been no alloted timescale in which to complete the job, but Lamia still wanted to get it over with before nightfall. The place was miserable enough as it was, without the added issue of limited vision. Not that it was generally an issue for her - demons didn't really adhere to human expectations of sense - but she didn't want to make herself known to any lurking forces. Glowing eyes were usually a dead giveaway.

A creaking branch behind her made her freeze in place. Just the wind, surely.
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/17/2016 2:41 PM

"Lamia."

That lamentable voice. Lamia could feel her blood boiling as she turned on her heel, the leaf litter squeaking beneath her. Cecil showed no sign of being affected by her murderous expression - he continued to look on serenely, offering what he supposed was a charming smile in an attempt to assuage her.

"What are you doin' here, you vile cretin?"

"That's not very nice," He jutted out his bottom lip in a mock pout. "I'm thrilled to see you."
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/17/2016 2:43 PM

"You're not meant to be here," Lamia muttered lowly, before stalking off in the direction she had initially been travelling in. Cecil took his time in following her. It wasn't like she was in any position to outrun him, not with their immense height difference. "I'm sick of you poppin' up and sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong."

"I'm a free man, dear," He countered, barely grazed by her angry tirade. "I can be wherever I choose to be. I thought this area would make a refreshing change."
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/17/2016 9:51 PM

"Go and have your refreshing change elsewhere, for goodness' sake!" Lamia couldn't refrain from bristling at the infuriatingly casual tone of voice Cecil was accustomed to using. The guy had no concept of the most important things in life, like whether or not he was wanted or how much personal space someone required. All in all, he was an unfortunate sort, and she was eager to be rid of him. "I'm sick of you."

"What are you getting today, hmm?" Cecil's lazy drawl continued despite her efforts. "I know you're on a pick up. Anything I can get my paws on?"

"Not in a thousand years."
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/21/2016 4:28 PM

"Lamia, you're so mean," Cecil tutted, shoving his hands into his pockets as he paced, having caught up with her enough to walk alongside her. "We would make an excellent team, you know. You might say we're meant to be."

"You're meant to be leaving me alone," Lamia countered easily. "Do you want me to rip your tail off?"

"I'd love to see you try that. It's pretty firmly attached."

"Knives are a wonderful invention."

She wished she could say she was relieved that the trees were finally thinning, paving a way to a sort of clearing, but with her newfound company, she was not amused in the least. No one was supposed to be with her. This was strictly confidential.
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/21/2016 4:30 PM

At first, Lamia could not detect any hidden treasure in the landscape. Leaves and branches and fog were about the only interesting features of the area, and she had long grown tired of those. Eventually the box caught her eye, gilded and shimmering in the hollow of a tree trunk - but sadly, Cecil had reached it first.

"Mm, this is beautiful," He purred, running his fingertips over the lid, and she felt herself inflate with fury. "Would probably fetch a bit of money, don't you think?"

"Put it down, you oaf."

"Why? Something important inside?"
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/21/2016 4:43 PM

"It's none of my business. 'm here to pick it up, get it to the person who needs it, and then get on with my own life," Lamia growled. "Your opinion on it is irrelevant. Give it to me."

"Now, now," Cecil shook his head. Observing the guy would give no one any hints to the actual depravity of his mind - his beauty was infuriating. All those soft brown curls and those big green eyes. If Lamia had half the natural beauty that he had, she wouldn't be working in a criminal underworld. "You're being so nasty today."

"If you don't give it to me now, I really will get knives out. You're testing me."
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/21/2016 5:06 PM

"Fine."

Once extracted from Cecil's reluctant hands, Lamia could get a decent look at the box she'd been entrusted with. Considering it was meant to be such an old artifact, it was immaculate - no sign of wear, no scratches, nothing. The gold gilding was as polished and beautiful as it would have been at its creation.

"Are you going to leave me alone now?" She wasn't particularly invested in hearing an answer to her question, but was rather surprised when she looked up and found that Cecil had gone. Oh, well. It made her life easier if he wasn't around.

Thank god she could hurry up and get out of that miserable hovel.
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate