A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: You Can Run, But... {Self, M:L,V,G}

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 9:49 PM

Griffin had to near run just to catch up with Eli. "What's the point of telling them you died trying to get to them? You'll be dead, pal! They'll just have a dead brother to mourn! That's assuming they even are in Aldrect!" With a shake of his head, Griffin reached out to Eli.

"Please, 'Li, let's just go back, this is insane!" His head snapped to the sound of monstrous laughter. "... Alright alright alright, we'll go your way. Can we just get moving? They're up to something, I know it."
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 10:00 PM

"What, you put up that huge fuss an' now?" Eli turned to Griffin, arching a brow and baring his teeth. "Now you decide we'll keep goin'? After wastin' both our times with yer lil' fit?" His head tilted to the side. Somewhere deep down, he knew better than to pull this stunt right now. This wasn't the time for a fight. But oh, good gods, he couldn't think of anything else but hitting something. "An' 'ere I thought'chya woulda jumped at any opportunity t' get away from Knox. An' here you are, tryna go back TOWARDS that bastard!" All around him, he could hear the wolves' laughter.

It was... encouraging.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 10:07 PM

As Eli turned to him, Griffin's eyebrows knit together. Something was wrong. Something was wrong with Eli. Griffin could almost smell something about him... changing. Most certainly, he could hear and see it, in the way Eli's voice was almost a threatening purr, his steps on the verge of pouncing. ... Eli didn't want to reach safety, whether it waited for them back south or in Aldrect. He didn't want to run away, not any more.

But whatever game Eli was trying to initiate, Griffin stepped right onto the playing board the second his former mentor was brought up. "That son of a bitch did hellish things to me, Elijah! I'd rather be on another planet if it meant he wasn't there!" He grabbed the sleeve of Eli's jacket, leading him in the direction he had at long last agreed to go. "Enough of this shit, we're both getting out of here alive! And if I have to carry your unconscious ass over my shoulder, I will!"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 10:22 PM

Eli's voice hitched as he was pulled along. A burning sensation bubbled and rose up his throat. The short boy growled and his fist connected with Griffin's face, cutting off his words. "GO TO HELL, GRIFFIN!" he thundered. The blow cracked the other's head to the side, knocking him back. Eli watched him topple over, his chest heaving with every breath that burned his chest and came out in rattles. Frustration that had built up over the years, from the smallest of mistakes to the times Griffin was less than... pleasant. They all came together in this single moment.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 10:29 PM

Griffin couldn't even cry out, the blow practically knocked him straight out of his own head. He could almost see himself and Eli, as if he were floating above what was really happening. His body flopped to the ground, a hand raised to brush his fingers against the developing welt. But he didn't get to "watch" himself for long. As his own head turned to peer up at Eli, his vision blurred and darkened...

His breath grew heavy, as it dawned on him what was going on. He'd found himself crumpled in damp grass, with Eli looming over him. His eyes dragged down to Eli's hand as he rose back to his feet. The boy's knuckles were discoloured, a perfect match for his the sharp pain across his own cheekbone. When he looked at Elijah, his eyes burned with something beyond hatred (and the look was returned in kind). He knew this would happen. It was only a matter of time before the only good thing in his life turned around and showed its true colours. This was coming since he first met Eli. Griffin, as he was known, took in a ragged breath. Breathe out... in... out... in... "Fine," he exhaled, lips pulled back in an ugly scowl. "But you're coming with me, you little shit."

He shot into motion, not giving Eli even the chance to blink before returning the favour with a fist crashing into his nose.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 10:43 PM

There he was. There was the side of Griffin that Eli despised. Perpetual scowl, always assuming the worst of someone and refusing to accept that maybe they didn't deserve to die. Eli was looking at that version of Griffin, now. Everything about his friend changed; where he once was more skittish than a baby rabbit, Griffin now boasted an air of hatred. He was as imposing as he was the last time he was like this. As quick to retaliate as ever too, it seemed.

Eli stumbled back, hand shooting over his nose as he barked in alarm. Blood filled his mouth, but something more solid choked him. The object was flung out of his throat as he coughed and landed on the ground somewhere with a wet pip. By the sudden gap in his mouth, he'd just lost a tooth. But that was an observation he wasn't exactly focusing on. As he reeled back up from a lopsided crouch, he knocked away a second punch, pulling Griffin by the wrist and pushing him down with his free palm.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 10:53 PM

Eli was brought down as Griff twisted about and kicked his feet out from under him. As the two fell they scrambled to pin the other first. A slew of curses spilled from Eli's mouth. The same curses spinned around in Griff's head.

Gods only knew how long they grappled, how many times they elbowed each other or gnashed their teeth like wild beasts. Finally Griffin gained the upper hand and held Eli down in the damp fallen leaves. "You know, you made this a lot more difficult than it needed to be." His fist met Eli's cheek, voice an exasperated sigh that veiled the actual betrayal he felt deep down. "I should've known you'd become a problem for me." A second time. "For everyone!" Crack. "I should've turned you away when Mark kicked your miserable ass out. Right after you ditched me." Another hit. "I shouldn't have kept you around! I shouldn't have let you in! I didn't!" Another. "Have! To!" And another.

Months back, when Eli told him to his face he hated him... He should have taken the hint.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/04/2017 12:38 AM

All the while Griffin was venting his frustrations out on Elijah's bloodied face, Eli wriggled and bucked his hips out, sending the other rolling off him. The distant cackles of the wolves egged him on, and he complied all but too quickly. Elijah rose to his feet slowly, blood dripping from his bandaged ribs, pouring into his mouth between his teeth and through the fresh gap, and dribbling down his chin.

"I'm th' one givin' problems?" His head never rose fully, but his eyes made their way to their target. He stared his friend down for an endless few seconds before he stood upright, teeth never veiled. "You. After everythin' we've been through. After tellin' me I was th' only one who could 'elp you. After beggin' be to stay then the next day demandin' I leave, over an' over. You're callin' ME the problem." The gashes over his chest were all but forgotten as his hand reached into the inside of his jacket and drew out his dagger. "I shouldn'a tried t' fix things with you. Were through, fer good. I'm gonna be done with ya righ' here, righ' now, pal." He stalked towards Griffin, footsteps carried with a fury that skillfully disguised itself as an eerie calm.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/04/2017 2:17 AM

The odd swagger to Eli's footsteps almost seemed drunken. But more than anything, it screamed at Griffin that this was barely Eli any more. Whatever it was that he just denounced as a friend, whatever it was he just pummelled? It wasn't Elijah Ashwells any more. The more that realisation settled in, the more Griff's face twisted in a mixture of more emotions he had the words or experience to pinpoint. But with that realisation came a second one: This was going to end with only one of them surviving. And if Eli was already gone...

Scrambling back away from Elijah, he bumped against the trunk of a tree and flung himself aside, pulling himself to his feet as he took out his own ritual dagger. Before he lost the chance, he sprung for Eli and their blades struck together with a shrill clash. There was no one around to observe their skill save for the wolves watching from afar and all around. But what did they care for the skills of humans, so long as it ended with bloodshed they could take advantage of? Every strike had a parry, and every slice was dodged. They reached to yank each other closer for the kill, twisted away. With a frustrated snarl, Griffin feinted an attack and kicked Eli in the stomach when he tried to block and gave an opening.

The other wasn't even dazed, but Griff prevailed in knocking Eli's dagger loose with another kick before wrangling him into his grasp--and plunged his own blade into Eli's stomach. "Wish ya'd tried t' kill me sooner, 'Li," he grunted in reply to the other's forced heave. "Maybe then I wouldn't be so keen on tryna survive..."

I'll find your brothers and sisters. They'll know you at least tried, I promise that. The silent pact left a bitter taste in his mouth, and an even more bitter pain in his heart. It was the closest thing to a kindness he would ever attempt to do.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/04/2017 6:35 PM

Distracted by his silent vow, Griffin never caught the sound that was rising from his former friend. What started as a low, pained keen was now shifting into a tremendous roar. Eli whipped his head aside, greyish eyes afire with rage. Bowing low, he latched his arms around Griffin's lower waist, and that roar rose into a caterwaul as he pressed a foot behind himself. And heaved Griffin's weight all up and over his shoulder.

Eli delivered Griff head-first into the damp grass behind him, twisting out of the backbend he himself wound up in and turning to hover over the now dazed man. Even through his eyes were unfocused, Eli could see the blatant fear on Griff's features. And deep down, he knew what it was exactly that had him so frightened.

That sound he made, had not been human.

Not a concern to Eli at the moment. He felt drunk, light-headed, as he stalked around Griffin. The poor bastard was shifting in an attempt to pull himself up, when Eli hooked both hands around his throat. It was never hard to carry Griffin, but now it seemed easier than ever, when he dragged him up and pinned against a tree. And then began to squeeze.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/04/2017 9:08 PM

Griffin struggled as he was dragged to the tree. He kicked, dug his nails into Eli's wrists, twisted and turned as much as his blurred mind would permit. But by the time he was hoisted sheer inches off the ground? A part of him inside had given up. It wasn't his part... but also was. And it was growing stronger the harder it became to breathe.

Eli was gone. This wasn't the friend he knew, much like he wasn't the friend Eli knew. He'd have nothing, nothing to run to, live for... Nothing. Only one thing familiar remained for him, and it was the one thing he was trying to escape. It seemed that he really couldn't get away from his world. He could run, but...

Not fast enough.

His throat cracked and bent under Eli's grip. And with one last snap, the light faded from Griffin's eyes, and his arms fell at his sides.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/04/2017 10:39 PM

Long, endless seconds passed before Eli loosened his grip from Griffin's now deformed neck. He watched the body begin to slump towards the ground, but a jolt in his chest stoked the fires of his rage, and he grabbed him by his hair. The body was torn away from the tree, hauled behind Eli towards a flat stone jutting out of the earth a ways away. But Eli didn't lay him down. Rather, he turned Griffin to be facing down to the stone. His fingers curled tighter into Griff's damp, brown locks of hair. He took in a sharp breath.

CRACK.

He pulled Griffin's head up from the rock.

CRACK.

Again.

And again.

And again.

There was barely a face left to be recognised before Elijah dropped the corpse that once was a close friend. Blood and brain matter oozed between the road's stonework and seeped into the mud, taking bits of skull shards with it. For a moment, he watched the mess turn a sickly brownish hue.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Warning for moderately detailed vomit.

Postby Saahs » 05/05/2017 2:32 AM

It didn't take long afterwards, however, for the realisation to kick Eli's senses back into gear. Everything that had just transpired hit him like a stampede. The world surrounding him spin wildly, and his legs trembled violently. Stumbling back, Eli's bloodied hand shot up over his mouth. The sharp, metallic odour upset his nose, while the signification behind it did worse to his stomach. The world tumbled on and on to its back as he stumbled past the stone--his foot caught on Griffin's limp shoulder and he yelped.

But the sound was cut off by a guttural choking noise. Keeling over onto all fours, Eli heaved the contents of his stomach into the grass. There wasn't much to be spilled beyond acid and half digested crackers, yet it still burned his throat with a vengeance. Eli's hoarse sob was accompanied by a distant, garbled laughter from all sides. He clamped his mouth shut, upper lip pinched between his teeth and causing him to wince with a soft yip. Not only had his canines cut into the inner flesh of his lip--but so did the rest of his front teeth. Dread filled every corner of his being, head turning to stare at Griffin's corpse with wide, striking-bright blue eyes.

Slowly, he eased up onto his feet, upper half still hunched low as if he were contemplating whether to crouch or run. A moment passed, before he chose the latter. Eli's gaze dragged away from his friend's lifeless body, and he stumbled deeper into the woods. Where he would be welcomed by a waiting pack of wolves.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer