A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: You Can Run, But... {Self, M:L,V,G}

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:00 AM

Eli's nose scrunched as he thought over Griffin's offered suggestions. He didn't quite understand it the same way Griffin did, but he was right. People were awful, and did awful things just for the sake of it. His mind wandered down a path that got darker and darker. "Guess tha' kinda makes us no better 'n them, eh?" His index finger twitched against his knee, a small spark of black magical energy bouncing off his fingertip. "Well... maybe not as bad as some 'f them. But still bad enough..."

He shook his head to shoo the thoughts away. "Hm-mm, couldn'a been an accident," he grunted. "Place was pooled with gasoline. I spotted 'im pourin' the shit all around 'is laundromat." Eli glanced to his friend, an amused smirk playing on his tan, freckled face. "How d'ya think I 'ad th' time t' warn ya?"
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:09 AM

Blinking, Griffin averted his gaze from Eli. Theft, murder, grave robbery... all things they'd done together. Maybe he had a point. "Maybe," he murmured, glancing down at the matching scars on the back of his hands. His fingers began picking at one another. Eventually, he was scratching at those scars. Griff's forehead bumped against his knees, his body curling up a little.

He was grateful to get back onto the topic of fire. Still not a pleasant one, but it required less introspection. His tone took on an indignant huff. "I didn't think about it a all. I just thought, 'Wonderful, get me out of here!' And that was that." He turned his head so a cheek was pressed to his knees, peering at Eli. "If you saw him gassing his shop, why didn't you stop him?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:14 AM

With a snort, Eli hunched over to make sure his belongings were secure. "Fair enough," he chortled. "Guess I wouldn't really think abou' tha' either 'f I were in yer shoes." Satisfied with the placing of his bag and rifle, he made himself more comfortable.

"An', hear me out aight?" He raised a matter-of-fact finger to Griffin, eyebrows arched in his direction. "I dinn' try ta stop Rorderick, 'cos I've seen wot 'e's done ta people tha' try t' russle 'im. It ain't pretty, an' I'd much prefer if it didn't 'appen to my face." With a small hum, he adjusted his glasses. "Plus, I shouted ou', 'FIRE FIRE!' before we abandoned everyone, didn't I? I think that's good enough."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:28 AM

Leaning towards Eli a little, Griffin tipped his head up with a matching, albeit muted, amused grin. "I'm hearing you out." The more Eli explained himself, the more he found himself giggling softly. "Alright, alright, fair enough I suppose. What does 'not pretty' entail, though?"

His lips pressed into a thin line, deadpanning at Eli with a tilt of his head. "Li, 'Li. Pal. You pushed someone towards some of the flames, 'Li." He batted his eyelashes at his friend. "I saw it, I watched you do it." It was all in good fun, but his tone was cautious nonetheless in case the topic was a little more tender than Eli was making it out to be.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:40 AM

Eli's shoulders shrugged high up and his hands were raised defensively. "Hey now, that son 'f a bitch was the fucker tha' tried a' kill me out in tha' run-down shack! 'E fucken asked t' be nudged into the fire. 'Sides, he got ou' mostly alrigh'." Relaxing, Eli huffed through his nose. "Burned most his hair off though. Hope 'e likes bein' bald."

Procuring the filled skin from his jacket, Eli twisted open the top and took a sniff. "Yup, 's safe t' drink." With the announcement, he helped himself to a swig. He hummed as he closed off the top. "Strange..." His eyebrows creased, then suddenly he gagged, grabbing at his neck and flailing a little.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:44 AM

Snorting, Griffin crossed his arms, knees still pulled up close to himself. "There's a lot of people that have tried to kill you in shacks," he retorted. "But if he wasn't harmed, I guess it's alright. Mostly just wanted to tease you."

His eyes flicked from the waterskin to Eli, then back. "You sure? You barely took a whiff." His eyes widened the moment the other started gagging, jolting over to grab at him frantically. "'Li?! Oh gods what should I do?? I knew that creek water was no good!"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:46 AM

Eli continued to writhe, eye bulging, as Griffin fussed over him uselessly. A few attempts to choke out words failed, instead merely gagging more. But not even a minute passed, before he broke out in a fit of quiet snickers. "Gotchya good there, mate. Th' water's perfectly fine." He sat up, satisfied with his questionably horrible prank. "Y' can hit me now if ya want."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:51 AM

It took Griffin a moment to realise that Eli's gurgling had transformed into laughter. His eyes wandered over the other in bewilderment. And then his face scrunched into a scowl and he smacked at Eli's shoulders. "That wasn't funny, you damn prick!" His wild swatting was far from hard, barely papping against Eli's jacket. But it got the message across, he hoped. Which was, fuck off Eli you're an accursed gremlin.

Once he was done throwing a fit, Griffin slouched back to his spot, arms crossed tight and a perpetual pout on his face. "I hate you." He also made sure to fix Eli an awful glare, too. Just to solidify his point of being upset.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 12:59 AM

Eli's tittering only persisted while he was bestowed with wimpy smacks. "Y' hit like a dyin' flea, Griff." Eventually, his snickering died down and he picked the waterskin up from the grass. "I'm sorry, I 'ad ta do it. 'Ere, I promise it's safe t' drink." He held the skin out to Griffin.

After it was not taken for a while, he sighed. "Really, swear on m' mum it's safe. I'm sorry fer givin' ya a spook. I' was dickish of me, I shouldn't be pickin' on yer nerves, 'specially righ' now." He shook the leather bottle at Griff. "But ya need t' drink. Bein' dehydrated while on yer feet'll do ya no good."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 1:02 AM

Griffin continued pouting Eli's way even after the second apology. Blatantly ignoring the waterskin jutted his way while he did so. The corners of his lips only pulled further down, as did his thick eyebrows. "You're awful, 'Li. An absolute fiend. You know that, right?" Regardless, he nabbed the waterskin and opened it. Before taking a drink, though, he shot Eli one last foul look.

The first drink of water helped to rinse down his anger. The second washed it clean away. And the third was just from being reminded that he'd not had a drop of water since that morning. Wiping his chin dry on his coat sleeve, he handed the skin back to Eli. "Thank you--you're still a tit, though."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 1:13 AM

"Those're all my middle name, Griff. A' course I know that." Eli fluttered his eyelashes with a lovely smile. He watched as the other practically drowned himself. "Don't drink too fast there, you'll make yerself sick." His warning came with a few blinks and a mild look of concern.

Leaning to the side, he reached to take the skin from Griff. "Yes, yes I am." With a hum, he tucked the skin back inside his jacket. "You have yer moments too, though. Don't forget you're just as much 'f a fiend as I am. Just in yer own way." His eyebrows waggled teasingly.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 1:23 AM

Griffin hummed to himself. "Elijah Awful Fiend Ashwells, the Tit." He tapped is chin thoughtfully. "Has a good ring to it, doesn't it?" His gaze meandered over to the other, looking him up and down. Yes, it was more than fitting for the scrappy little teenager. Both a bookworm and a rowdy grouch always in search of a fight. Eli was made up of nothing but scrappiness and snark. And his colour personality made Griffin's life a little less black and white, and a little less... grisly.

The two conversed with one another in hushed tones as the sun dwindled more and more. And soon, there was close to no sunlight at all. They moved their belongings under the tilted log, and hid under it themselves as best they could. With cover from potential predators as well as rain should the night be stormy, they drifted off into uncomfortable sleep. The sound of night life was left undisturbed well into the dark hours, but was muted as Griffin was inevitably awoken by nightmares.

He shot upright, or would have if there wasn't a log in the way of his face. His forehead cracked against the damp, bark-encrusted underside, and a cry of pain escaped him as he thudded back to the ground. Both hands pressed to his forehead as he choked back sobs.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 1:30 AM

Griffin's startled yelp was what roused Eli from his own less than pleasant sleep. Unlike the other, he managed to halt himself before crashing into the log's underside. "Shi--Griff, Griff, 's okay, sshhh. Yer okay Griff, 's alrigh'!" Turning over to his side as best he could, Eli consoled his friend quietly. "'S yer 'ead okay? Are ya bleedin'? Lemme see yer fore'ead, Griff..."

Easing Griff's hands away from his forehead, Eli inspected it, eyebrows knit close and low over his eyes. He reached for his glasses and pushed them up onto the bridge of his nose. "Damn fucken too dark t' see jack dick..." His mumbling continued under his breath as he got a closer look at the other's forehead. "It's definitely bruised... But I dun' see or smell any blood. Lemme clean it off though, 'kay? Hold still."

He tugged the sleeve of his burgundy shirt out from under his jacket. Gingerly, he began to wipe at Griffin's forehead, clearing it of little bits of moist bark and moss. "There, now try t' get some sleep, aigh'?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 1:41 AM

It was hard to not sob while Eli inspected his forehead. But with well-trained effort from past experience, Griffin managed to keep still through most of the endeavour. Warm tears were running down the sides of his face, of course. He wasn't sure how he sometimes managed to "turn off" his crying. Eli insisted that he could, but was it true? Because at that moment it certainly didn't seem so. Not that it mattered; so long as he made as little noise as possible, they wouldn't catch unwanted attention.

With a small nod, Griffin sniffled and eased back into a somewhat comfortable sleeping position. "Thanks, 'Li," he mumbled pitifully. After a moment, Griffin glanced over to Eli, who was now also lying back down. "If I die from this though, I'm coming back to haunt you, got that?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 1:55 AM

Eli gave a nod of his head to Griffin. "Of course, mate. Sleep well, ya hear?" Not likely possible, for either of them. He knew that. He took off his glasses and set them atop his satchel. Then with a sigh, he closed his eyes. Let the bad dreams and streams of regret resume.

And indeed they did. Eli's dreaming mind was filled with images of loved ones--friends, family--long since wronged. Wronged, by his own doing. A young girl resembling himself begging him, pleading with him, to leave the village with them and abandon his practice of dark magics. A sickly, tired looking older brother pleading with him to never show his face again. So many conflicting desires, so many hypocritical actions and plans. It was almost enough to drive a knife through his throat.

But alas, he woke up to find no such thing had happened to his throat. In fact, the two lone daggers were still tucked safely away in Griffin's coat and in his own jacket. Another sigh escaped him, and he wriggled out from under the log. "Up an' at it, Griff. Th' sun's comin' up."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer