A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: You Can Never Hide. {Self,M:G,L?V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/24/2017 8:45 PM

But there was someone in front of him.

As he turned his head, Griffin halted just in time to avoid flying straight through the woman, who was still standing as calm and quiet as a dead tree. He yelped in surprise, his voice no longer echoing but rather shrunken, a weak little noise that barely even escaped him. All of his surroundings, he realised, sounded just as muted all of a sudden. Gravity pulled on him, taking him down to his knees. The desire to murder this woman was suddenly a raging fire that briefly knocked him unawares of the world.

When he looked back up, he bared his translucent teeth in a threatening snarl. "Whatever you are, woman, I will kill you!" the ghost spat.

Looming over him, the woman lilted her head to the side slowly. "Dear little ghost boy," she whispered as she knelt down, her voice a deep thunder even when hushed. "You will do nothing but what I command."
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/24/2017 8:51 PM

The world abruptly lurched from beneath him, then span into such a tight spiral that he couldn't help but shrink into the smallest cloud of black as he could. But it wasn't enough to deter the dizzying pain of the near endless spinning, as he was pulled away from the world as he knew it.

It felt like falling. Falling through a suffocatingly small tunnel that never seemed to end. Griffin hadn't thought that he'd be able to feel dizzy when he was dead, yet here he was, feeling like he was going to vomit any second. But he never did. All that happened was the rising of panic as it dawned on him that he was surrounded by... something. Whispering, screaming, the sound of beasts he didn't care to imagine.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/24/2017 8:54 PM

What else he could feel, was the terrifying sensation that one of those beasts, one of those horrors, was just getting closer and closer to him, just a hair out of reach, almost...

He continued falling through utter black. And he continued to be just out of reach of those monsters all around him. The voices and sounds were getting louder and louder, louder than he thought possible, and yet louder it became still. He moved to cover his ears, only to find that he couldn't move. He had no limbs to move, no ears to cover, and no mouth to scream with.

Where am I?? he thought, hoping desperately that someone, something, anything, could hear him. What's happening?!

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/25/2017 3:10 PM

The now deafening noises surrounding him were all but drowned out by the thunderous voice of the woman:

You are mine.

He was... he was... what?! Who are you? What do you want?! Slowly, Griffin started to feel himself, whatever himself was now, grow cold. Almost damp, like the morning air in late fall when it's not quite cold enough to snow, but just could enough.

For what felt like ages, he didn't get an answer. Just those horrible, ear-piercing howls and whispers. It was almost human, almost words he could understand. But never quite. It drove him mad, being so close to knowing what those whispers meant but just not being able to put his finger on what.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/25/2017 3:38 PM

Finally, his head was filled with words he knew, if they were agonising to hear and made it feel like his skin was crawling (but he knew by now, he didn't have skin any more). When I have need of you, you will know.

What does that mean? he cried out, but he couldn't even hear his own thoughts any more. It was just too loud. What does that mean?!

He could have sworn something was laughing at him, now.

Answer me! Why am I here?!

There was no answer, only the mind-searing screams, whispers, laughter, snarls, and the burning crawl through out his entire self. But an answer to his own cries?

Nothing.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/25/2017 3:45 PM

Soon, trying to reach out with his thoughts was exhausting, and trying to scream with his own voice took even more effort. But scream he did, ages later, and ages later even more, he was able to form himself into a physical shape beyond a shrunken bit of smoke. And he regretted it immediately.

The air was both hot and freezing, and disgustingly humid. He was pressed against an ever-shifting surface on all sides. The only way he could describe it in his head was like putting his hand on top a swarm of ants, and they spread over his entire body. They never bit, never stung, but the threat was always there--as was the feeling that something was chasing after him. Alright. This... this is too much. I have to get out. He closed his eyes, a tinge of relief filling him as the sensation of crawling ants no longer reached his eyes. There has to be a way out.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/25/2017 4:50 PM

Griffin started to claw his way through the shifting surface. But it only seemed to reshape itself around him, stifling and muting his senses-- and he never felt any change of direction. For all he knew, he was crawling and struggling in the same spot in vain. No... His physical form started to fade as that fact hit him. No, please... I have to... I can't... please...

I told you, spirit, boomed the woman's voice again. You belong to me now.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/25/2017 4:58 PM

A burning emotion welled over him, and he suddenly found himself with a voice despite losing his physical form. "I belong to no one!" Griffin wailed as his chest began to disappear. "I don't belong to you!" His arms and shoulders were starting to fade away. "I have never belonged to anyone!!" His mind wandered to a broken, freckled face dripping with blood. Bright, vibrant blue eyes that were once a calm silver blazing loathing holes into his chest, that freckled face twisted into such an awful expression he wanted to just die all over again. Glaring up at him when his last breath was forced out of his body. "I will never belong to anyone!!!"

Ever.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/25/2017 5:02 PM

But apparently this really was where he belonged. Even after his physical body was gone again, he could still feel that swarm of ants, still hear those disembodied voices. He could still see that face, the last thing he ever saw, peering up at him with all the hate in the world. His mind couldn't wander far enough to block out this infinite, tormenting void. Griffin begged, pleaded, prayed that something would end it. Just let him disappear forever, please, let it be over already, just let him be dead.

An eternity passed. He never got used to his new home. Please... Someone... just let me out of here...

But nobody came.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer