A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

You Can Never Hide. {Self,M:G,L?V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/12/2017 2:27 PM

(( Griffin, humanoid [ghost] form. Warning for possible descriptions of gore in the early posts, certain descriptions of horror in later posts! This takes place immediately after this roleplay, and the following few months. ))

It was strange, it always was. Watching himself from seemingly above, out of the body, out of mind. But this time, it felt too... too real. Something was wrong. It was like Eli had pushed him out of his own body while simultaneously strangling him. Because here he was now, watching himself, unmoving on his own, be dragged away from the tree he'd just been pinned to. "What...?"

Gods.

Even his voice seemed to be so far away from himself.

"What are you...?" He turned his head to watch Eli as he dragged Griffin's body by the hair to a large stone. Griff couldn't physically feel it, but his eyes widened. "'Lijah--stop-!!"
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: You Can Never Hide. {Self,M:G,L?V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/12/2017 2:31 PM

And it was even stranger, watching his one and only friend bash his skull in against that rock. Yet still, Griffin felt... nothing. No pain, no burning in his throat despite how much he wanted to scream and cry out. Not the slight breeze that didn't even budge his hair or coat, the uneven ground under his boots. It was all as if either nothing around him was real...

Or that he was no longer real.

That fact in and of itself tore him to pieces more than watching what Eli was doing could ever manage. He was dead. No one would ever be able to see him, he'd never be able to talk to any one, put an arm over their shoulder, go to them when he was hurting substantially more than usual...

He would never be able to be with Elijah again. And Eli seemed to want it to be that way.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/13/2017 9:57 PM

There were two things Griffin felt that immediate moment. The first, was that he wished to have never been born. The second, was that he wished Eli had never been born. No, he wished he'd never met the young man. His only source of relief, his only escape from the horrors he'd endured his entire life, and Griffin wished he had never even had the chance to gain it.

But most of all, regardless of what he wanted? The heart that he was no longer attached to and was no longer even beating--shattered at that moment. He was dead. Eli could not even be Eli any more.

It barely even occurred to him that he was watching himself get brutalised. That was his head that was gradually caving in more and more. And it wasn't even close to his biggest concern.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/14/2017 1:14 PM

So that was that, wasn't it? Eli was gone, he was gone. But at the same time, they weren't. Griffin's shoulders sagged in a sigh that neither moved his lungs nor truly escaped his lips. The ghost (that was what he was now, right?) turned, leaving Eli and his mangled corpse behind as he walked further into the woods. For some reason, it seemed more of a comfort than it had before. Was death really supposed to be this calming?

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/14/2017 1:18 PM

He looked over his shoulder after a few moments of wandering. Eli was still there, unseen in the distance but the sound of his alarmed yelp was all Griffin needed to hear to know: going back now would be a mistake. Yet that one part of him, that both felt new but seemed like it had always been there, wanted to run back. Wanted to run back, grip Eli by the shoulders and shake him to his senses. Ask him, "Why did you do that?!"

But he didn't.

Instead, Griffin looked back in the direction he was going. But his feet didn't pick him up; instead, he squinted ahead.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/14/2017 1:22 PM

Something was... odd. No, something was wrong. The fog was no longer there, yet the distance seemed... blinding. It was nothing but a vast white light, silhouetting what objects he could see. And what he could see rippled and shifted in place, as if behind a thick glass and under a heat wave. The trees reflected and duplicated. The grass looked like it should hurt to set his eyes on, yet all he could feel was the confusion as he tried to follow the seemingly endlessly multiplied blades.

Griffin shook his head, but nothing about his surroundings changed. Was this a part of death, too? Would he see things like this for the rest of eternity? That second part of him put an awful sigh into his head. Gods, what a bother.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/14/2017 1:27 PM

He rolled his eyes, ignoring the entity he was slowly coming to realise had indeed always been there. Quiet, you. At least we didn't just vanish entirely, he retorted, slipping his hands into his coat pockets. The feeling of the fabric against his fingers and brushing against his gloves was all but gone. Griffin looked down at his coat, then down to the grass.

I should have just vanished, he found himself thinking. It sounded both like himself, and... this other him? Strange. But regardless, Griffin gave an experimental stomp onto the ground. Still no feeling-- and the foliage under his feet didn't even budge beneath his weight. In fact, his foot was going through the grass and leaves. ... Suppose I'll just have to deal with this until I can figure something out.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/19/2017 8:50 PM

Griffin's wanderings took him deep into the misty forests. He kicked at the loose leaves, despite it doing nothing. He passed by many creatures that surely would have scampered off had they been able to sense him. Some looked up, but would lay their heads back down or return to their animalistic business. There was little concern to them, when it came to ghosts.

And that was more than alright with Griffin. He'd never been partial to any animal larger than a cat and smaller than a kitten. But the further away from the carnage he wandered, the more at ease he became with his current state. Death truly was good for the nerves, it seemed. And the forest seemed far less intimidating. Likely, because he could barely see most of it. He was already getting used to the strange new outline of the world around him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/19/2017 10:10 PM

Time seemed to drift away from him too, the longer he wandered about the place. Was it the forest, ot the fact that he was a ghost? Or did that happen to him naturally? Something inside him placed its money on it being thanks to all three. Had minutes passed? Hours? Griffin eventually found himself... not really caring, any more.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 4:02 PM

And he continued to not care for what would have been hours had he been still aware of time. It was hard to tell how late it was when there wasn't a sun anymore in his visual perception. But the bright white "horizon" didn't hurt what equivalent of eyes Griffin had, unlike the blasted sun. So, he had little complaint. After those hours, he'd come to learn that there were indeed ways for him, however, to keep himself amused. At least for some time being.

The first, and less entertaining, was that he could sink himself into the earth. And still move as if up on the surface still. It didn't physically feel like it, but he could still somewhat feel like he was suffocating. Everything was too close, going through and all around him. But the fact that he didn't need to breathe (almost forgotten how to already), and that he could still move perfectly fine, was enough to soothe him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/20/2017 4:05 PM

His head peeked out from within the dirt, and he pulled himself up back onto his feet, the ground left completely undisturbed by his tomfoolery. The second thing he learned, which was much funnier to him at the moment, was that he didn't really have to... abide by the laws of gravity whatsoever.

And with that thought, he started to just slowly flip about up into the air. Now. Whatever physics did apply to ghosts? He didn't get the hang of just yet. So he went about twirling around, flailing his limbs in an attempt to right himself up. But it didn't work, so he gave a low and soft yowl that gradually turned into a cackle once he realised how stupid he must look to anything that could see him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/23/2017 11:08 PM

He twirled, flipped, and oh did he flail up a storm, before he finally began to float back down to the ground... head first. "That's alright, I suppose," he sighed, startling himself with just how hollow of an echo his own voice had. But, he could still speak, he would take that over being stuck with just thinking to himself. Whether or not anyone could hear him, though, was still a mystery.

He managed to lay himself out on his belly before sinking head first into the dirt, and pulled himself back up to his feet. "Quite enough of that," chimed the ghost, as he unnecessarily straightened out his spectral attire.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/24/2017 8:15 PM

Griffin continued to wander the forest, gods alone knew for how long. As eventually, he passed by others. Not animals, but people, also wandering about the forest. Yet they seemed to know their way about, at least far more so than Eli and he had. Strange. Did people actually willingly live in this place? He supposed, if you got stuck in there, you may as well make yourself comfortable.

He ducked back into the earth, following the strangers curiously. They didn't seem to notice him there at all. But they just looked to be walking about, so he drifted away. While not exactly to such a point as to call himself comfortable, Griffin was beginning to better accept the fact that he was dead, and likely wasn't going to interact with another person any time soon. Unless, of course, he ran into another ghost.

Which seemed to be the case not moments later.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/24/2017 8:33 PM

Leaves whirled around the figure, he could see that from even afar somehow. Griffin was drawn towards them for some reason he was a little afraid to know of. But despite the urge to approach, he stood still, like a frightened animal frozen in the wake of a hungry predator. Something was wrong about this person. Perhaps it was his sudden awareness of time passing, the colour and moonlight he could see again, the sensation of the wind blowing through him.

She was swathed in violet and burgundy robed and plate armour, chains hanging about her person and linking to a pair of elegant yet hateful looking sickles. A hood veiled her head, but somehow he could still feel the burn of vibrant green eyes boring into his very core. Something was very, very wrong about this person.

(( Churchbell, human form. This is just the human vessel, not the entity that takes up the mantle as "Churchbell". ))

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/24/2017 8:39 PM

There was a small internal battle with himself, between two options: Run, or kill this stranger. The thought of killing her shot him with a pang of alarm, he couldn't imagine himself killing someone else unless out of dire necessity. Yet here he was. Merely looking at her, and he felt yet another urge to approach, this time specifically to snap her neck.

But even with such an urge, Griffin managed to turn and flit away from the stranger. He had to physically turn his ghostly head to actually see if he was being followed (he could almost feel the twist of his neck, as if it were suddenly flesh and blood again).

There was no one behind him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer