A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Void Song [P:Saahs&I][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 08/16/2017 9:35 PM

The mists were thicker today than normal and the forest much darker. There was a heavy feel to the air that was almost choking. Like smoke filling one's lungs or like drowning on land. Shadows flitted about the undergrowth in shapes and sizes that would make one question just what their source was. But the most unusual of all was a faint singing wafting through the forest. It was beautiful but haunting, it seaming to weave through the air in a soft warble, as if it came from under water. It whispered softly and caressed the listener like a lover's hand upon one's cheeks but said hand was far far too cold.

Within the mists lurked the God of the void, waiting to step forth from the shadows once his intended target followed his haunting lullaby to it's source.

The rune sat in a pile of dead leaves, it's mark glowing softly with pulsing intensity.

"Find me, find me," it seemed to say without words. "I'm waiting for you."

The Outsider waited with a malicious grin. Soon his target would be here, and soon one mystery would be solved. All he had to do was wait.

(The Outsider-1)

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Re: Void Song [P:Saahs&I][M:E]

Postby Saahs » 08/18/2017 8:40 PM

There was something about this pull that both felt familiar, and was completely alien to Leksander. His head slowly rose, turning to the sound of the melodic whisper, ushering him towards the Whisper Forest. His upper lip curled away from his metal teeth, pulling into both a grin as well as a threatened snarl. And he bristled. Whatever was calling to him, it wasn't his masters. Something else. It could mean harm, it could be an invitation.

Slowly, Leksa rose to his feet, head hanging to the side with eyes unblinking. The head of his spear dragged slightly against the dirt. For a moment, all he did was listen, eyes drifting this way and that as his breathing fell and died away so he could hear better. It certainly was an invitation, but what was its caster's intentions...?

The corner of his mouth twitched upwards, and he started to make his way towards the misty woods. Only one way to find out.

~*~

Leksander came up to the borders of the Whisper Forest, spear butt still trailing down against the ground behind him. In the back of his mind, he could hear his masters demanding that he turn back and not indulge whatever creature awaited, but for once? He didn't quite feel like following orders.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Void Song [P:Saahs&I][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2017 4:13 PM

He could feel the man creep closer to where he was, step by step. The Outsider sat perched on a fallen tree, his dark eyes gleaming as he crossed one leg over the other and knit his fingers together. Soon, so soon that man would be within his reach. He looked to the rune and it began to call louder for him, crying out to be found to be taken. Closer, closer, come closer it sang. Come take me.

He could hear the man by now, his soft, nearly silent steps in the near distance, the only other sound his weapon dragging in the dirt behind him. Just a bit closer now. Just a bit closer.

The fog gathered around The Outsider casting him in the shadows as the man approached. He spread his hands in welcome and grinned deviously.

"Welcome, my friend."

(The Outsider-2)

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate