A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Cultural Exchange [p, SpringsSong]

Postby Mousen » 09/16/2017 4:30 AM

ImageImageImage

Simeon gave one last glance back at their sister, as she walked away with the rest of the paragon from the Root. They hoped that this would work out like they had hoped it might. The path they took was old and reasonably-well trodden, it was a little meandering, taking them up a hill until they reached a point where it plateaued, there in the ruins of some ancient human building, a cathedral or priory, perhaps, was the rest of Simeon's clan. Turning to them, they made a sweeping gesture with their hands. "Here we are. I hope you'll enjoy your time here."

Considering the company assembled before them, and the fact that Medlar wasn't really in a position to give the best tour, she decided to give the tour for them. "By the old east window is where most of the nests are, though mine is in that very crumbly tower just across there. The few rooms with most of their walls standing," they pointed, "are where the food is kept. The largest one, down a set of steps is Medlar's, we call it the old Shrine. And underneath the floor itself is a set of cellars that have survived, that's where we keep out books. It's pretty difficult to get lost here, but if you can't find something you need, just let us know. Oh, and because we're on the main path here, humans do come through sometimes. We like to trade with them."

"If that's all you wanted to tell them Simeon, am I alright to take Krattia down to the shrine?" Medlar asked.

"Go ahead. If this old prune bores you too much, feel free to come back up for some fresh air, Krattia."

Medlar snorted. "I'd be rolling my eyes if I had any. If you'd like to follow me, Krattia, I'll get you out of the presence of these ingrates." He began to walk away from the group, clambering over some of the old masonry.

"I'll happily give Merildra the full tour. Our books are fairly important to us, so we could always begin in the library?" Hadresham's tone was as formal as ever.

"Sounds good. If that's all I'm needed for, I'll see you later. Just let me know if you need anything, Merildra." Simeon headed off towards the east window, where Perris was talking to another member of their clan. There were a few paragon here and there, but it was a far, far smaller group than the Root.

"Are you happy to be accompanied to the library, or would you prefer to see something else first?" Hadresham asked, turning to her.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Cultural Exchange [p, SpringsSong]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2017 1:34 PM

Merildra.

After following the trio down the well-worn path until they arrived at what appeared to be their home, Krattia followed after Medlar, leaving Merildra with Hadresham and Simeon.  However, soon after that, it was just her and Hadresham.  She perked up at the mention of a library, her sail flaring with excitement.

"I'd love to see the library, and I wouldn't mind the company," she said.  "But, ah, before that... I think it would be a good idea if I knew what nest I can take for the night.  Wouldn't want to set into one that belongs to someone else, you know?" she said.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/21/2017 6:59 PM

"Of course," Hadresham said. "This way." There were large, heavy trees by what would have been the east window. Some of the masonry was still there, you could almost imagine it in its glory days, a huge circular stained-glass window, split up into sections, craft and workmanship turning stone and glass into something breathtaking. Between the trees and what remained of the wall was a section of the ruins that was shady and sheltered from any wind. A couple of the nests were very clearly taken, having a trinkets strewn about them, or generally looking as if they were in a state of disarray. There were two that had been recently set up, one for Merildra, and one for Krattia if she didn't wish to stay with Medlar in the old shrine. "You can pick whichever one of these you like. If there's anything we can do to make you more comfortable during your stay, let me know. I know its not much."

He didn't quite know what the standards of accommodation were like in the Root. The unattached paragon, most of them in this case, were quite happy to sleep and live most of their lives around each other in close quarters. Although, Hadresham did wish that Plessey wouldn't create quite so much mess.

"Is this everything you wanted to see before heading down to the library? We're in no great rush, so, its up to you."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby SpringsSong » 02/08/2019 2:26 PM

"Wonderful," Merildra said, looking at the nests.  It was quite a bit different from how she was used to living in the Root, where everyone had their separate den unless they were mated, but it would do just fine.  After a few moments, she moved to pick one of the nests and put what few things she brought with her into it.

"Assuming Krattia emerges from whatever depths she's going into, she won't mind taking the other nest," she said, turning back to Hadresham.  "Is there anything else that I should see before we go to the library?  I wouldn't want to wander somewhere where I shouldn't," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/09/2019 6:54 AM

Hadresham smiled. "I know its not much, but I hope you'll be comfortable. The single paragon in our clan have lived communally for some time, and while there's ups and downs to that situation," Plessey's snoring, and her mess chief among them. "We generally find it suits us well."

As for what else she could see before the library... "As Simeon said, the rooms with the walls left are our stores, the largest standing structure is old shrine which Medlar uses for his trade. There's a few interesting ruins, an intricate stone carving or a piece of mosaic floor left, but other than that, the library is our main achievement. Shall we?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/09/2019 12:40 PM

Merildra nodded as he spoke, making notes in her mind as she listened.  Rooms with walls were stores, the shrine was where Medlar--and likely Krattia--would be found for the duration of their stay, and a few interesting carvings or mosaics and ruins around.  It was a far cry from their subterranean den in the Root, but that was why she was here, wasn't it?  To learn how these Paragon lived.

"Yes, let's," she said after a few moments, smiling as she made sure what she brought was tucked neatly into her nest.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/21/2019 8:56 AM

Hadresham nodded. There was a reason he was so keen to show off the library. Of all the structures in the ruins, it was the most complete, a sprawling underground complex of old stone arches and flagstone floors. The scale of it was the most impressive thing, huge aisles of books, and ceilings that easily accommodated even the largest paragon.

He led Merildra to the base of Simeon's tower, the spiral staircase there leading both to the part of the tower where Simeon and their mate Perris slept, and down beneath the earth. The steps were deeply sloped, worn down through time.

There was some light, small blue wisps set into the walls that sent flickering shadows round the enclosed space.

"Here we are," he said, as the space opened out. The light was held in lanterns hanging down from the ceiling, spilling golden light across the rows and rows of bookcases. "We haven't actually managed to catalogue everything yet," Hadresham admitted. "But this will be our life's work. Restoring the books, adding to the collection and allowing others to research here."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate