A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Critical Research Failure [Indigo/RiDragon]

Postby Indigo » 03/01/2018 2:58 PM

Things hadn't even gotten started yet, and Rem was already beginning to think he'd made a mistake. This morning he'd received an anonymous note from Lucius, who he did not exactly consider a friend but also didn't consider much of anything else, and who apparently thought they were simultaneously so close Lucius could comment on Rem's love life but not close enough that Rem would recognize Lucius's handwriting. The note had directed Rem to a shed in the woods about a mile away from the swamp, which he was fairly sure one of the other witches usually used for equipment storage. It was a nice-looking shed, but probably not an ideal date location.

As he approached the shed he picked up an uncomfortable scent, like a shaving of iron shearing across his nostrils. Lucius's magic. Specifically, Lucius's magic tuned to something defensive, what the bird himself would call a firewall and what a normal person would call a circle. Summoning or just containment, Rem couldn't tell. Either way, it did not improve his opinion of the situation.

He was still going to go in, of course. It was impossible to make any clear judgments without knowing what was actually going on, and, well, it had been a while since he'd had any romantic prospects. But first he called up a carcass from beneath the forest floor, an unfortunate deer felled by a wolf and long since rotted away to bone, joined its skeleton back together with a gesture and a whisper, and breathed life back into it, plus a little something extra. One of its hind legs was missing, and there were obvious tooth marks on most of the bones, but that was all right. Presentation wasn't really one of his concerns.

Thus armed, he walked up to the shed and opened the door.

(Move to Whisper Forest when done)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Critical Research Failure [Indigo/RiDragon]

Postby RiDragon » 03/13/2018 8:14 PM

What a day this was.

The icy yokai spirit had been minding her own business, lightly sliding through the barren mountains she called her home, hoping that curious or heroic travelers would follow the oddly sandal shaped prints that were far from expected in such a frigid place.  She, of course, wasn't cold at all.  Even though she was basically barefoot and in the middle of a light snowfall.  If she were human, her nose would of been full of ice crystals by now, thanks to the little protection she wore, sans her pale and plain slate colored kimono.  Her head was dipped down, hiding her face behind raven hair just in case someone happened to appear in front of her.

The feeling that overtook her made her stop in her tracks.  She stopped, still not moving her head, though she was tempted to look around.  She didn't want to reveal her face, just in case an actual traveler was nearby and the odd feeling was just a fluke.  Again, a tug drew her down and upwards, making her stomach churn and a small gasp to escape her.  She hadn't felt like this since she had been alive centuries ago.  What was happening?

All at once, the world around her vanished, swirling and spinning around her.  She held her breath, not moving, fearing some sort of exorcism was going on, though she doubted she could of been ambushed so easily.  The swirling started to slow as she fell to her knees, coughing up a lungful of snow that had somehow lodged itself inside of her.

Her hair still in her face, she looked around uneasily.  Her features were vaguely Asian, eyes pools of darkness that showed little emotion other than confusion.  She still had snow melting on her.  Where was this?  Some sort of cabin?  She sensed something binding her to her spot, and squinted against the sudden darkness that contrasted the blinding snow she had been in moments before.

She couldn't see much, but she bared sharp teeth in anger at the moving shape she could make out, regardless of who or what it was.  It was the only thing about her that betrayed she was not entirely human, besides her hauntingly dark eyes.

[School as been killing me along with work.  sorry this took so long, hope my wtriting is okay too.]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate