A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

You're A Drifter, A Shapeshifter [P|E; Me & Zap]

Postby MythicDusk » 07/02/2018 12:56 AM

((Please put this RP in the Whisper Forest when the event is over))

Tyl watched carefully from one of the branches of his favorite tree, his chipped fingernails digging into the bark, his toes carefully curling around the branch as he watched the black mist roll in. He could feel where the golden threat that entwined him, that wrapped around him for all his life, and would wrap around him all his life was pulling at his skin. He could feel where it warmed, glowing and shining against a percieved danger.

He carefully jumped to a different branch, easily swinging himself up and watching as leaves fell into the mist. They didn't seem harmed. Nothing made any scared noises, in fact, there was a hare with his snout in the underbrush, under the mist, nuzzling through it and leaving a small wake behind him.

Tyl watched the rabbit carefully, for one minute, for five, for ten. When it didn't flop over dead, and instead kept snuffling for its next meal, he shurgged and dropped to the ground on top of it, catching it easily in his trained-by-necessity hands.

With one quick, sharp movement, his hands hidden under the fog, the hare was dead. He stood, brushing the undergrowth off his meal and looking around at the fog around his legs. It was something new, something to investigate. But maybe, for now, he would stay in the trees.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: You're A Drifter, A Shapeshifter [P|E; Me & Zap]

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/18/2018 1:47 AM

Isaak knew he probably should've been running for his life. Should've screamed and cried and run far, far into the forest, never to be found again, upon receiving the news that he was going to be killed soon.

Killed wasn't the word that was used. Maybe that was the softener--something about 'offered up to Zu'Hai' seemed so much gentler, almost welcoming, than killed. Murdered. Sacrificed. Perhaps it had been unwise to tell him the day before, to give him time to run. Maybe it had been purposeful.

He felt nothing but numbness as he walked through the forest, his dark eyes two hollow pits of bitter-tasting fear. The mist swirled about his ankles long before he noticed it. And when he noticed it, he felt a strange, immense calm come over him.

Perhaps he'd be reincarnated as something as beautiful as mist, even as thick and odd as this one. Isaak bent down and cupped a hand into the mist, collecting a handful that swirled and dissipated away as he stood. And then, the boy felt the hairs on the back of his neck prickle with some unnatural power--or perhaps fear. He froze, staring ahead into the dark forest, for some reason not daring to look up at the trees.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2018 11:56 AM

Tyl had made it back into the trees when he had heard another's approach. He tilted his head, his dark hair falling into his golden eyes as his teeth pulled at the skin of the hare, revealing the raw flesh that he pulled from the bone with his teeth.

He watched the person with interest for a few moments. He figured they were standing so still because they were hunting. There was nothing else to hunt. He had scared off everything else by catching his prize. It would be a few more hours before anything else came back.

Tyl wondered for a moment if he would be able to catch a deer tonight. He felt like eating venison tonight.

He chewed for a moment on the raw rabbit meat, before taking one of the hind legs and tearing it from the body, carefully dropping it on the other person, so they would be able to feel it hit, to know where to look.

He thought that they should at least have something to eat, as he licked the blood from his lips.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/26/2018 7:05 PM

Isaak froze the moment something tangible hit his shoulder. He stared ahead, then whipped his head around so fast he felt it spin, to stare at the tiny break in the mists covering the ground, swallowing up whatever had fallen. He touched his shoulder, and stared at his fingertips, sporting fresh red blood. He hadn't been hit hard. Surely this wasn't his, no, it was... very warm, though. And very fresh.

Slowly, a new fear gripping him, Isaak looked up. And he felt himself shake as he met the eyes of something not human in the slightest--he could tell. They looked human enough, of course, but it truly was the eyes... something that made his blood rush and run cold all at the same time.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby MythicDusk » 07/27/2018 12:28 AM

He could smell the fear, smell the terror that the man held when he looked at him. Tyl cocked his head, shifting his weight on the branch, feeling it bow under his weight. He carefully motioned to the rabbit in his hands, bringing it to his own mouth and biting a chunk from it, before chewing and swallowing, as if he was trying to teach the stranger how to eat.

Tyl pondered for a moment, he may as well swing down and chew the food for him. He carefully licked his bloodied lips and pushed hios hair from his face with a bloodied hand.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/15/2018 7:55 PM

Isaak's blood ran cold as ice at the sight of the mangled rabbit in the humanlike creature's hands--and that was truly the best word for it. Humanlike. He took a slow, shaky step backwards and gasped as his shoe crunched something brittle against the leaves--looked down to see the rabbit leg, the smaller bones cracked and the rest of it pressed into the murky leaflitter. "I-I don't want it," he said, on impulse, his voice tight with fear. "Who--w-who are you?"

It was a tossup as to whether or not he would be answered. The feral nature of this person set him on edge, all memories of home and what would transpire there effectively pushed out of his brain for the time being.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 08/15/2018 11:54 PM

Tyl shifted his weight again, the branch bowing again, creaking under his weight, threatening to snap before he took a few short, nimble steps backwards until the branch stopped complaning. He licked his lips, sucked at his teeth and spoke. His voice was rough, obviously having not been used for a while.

"Tyl. I am Tyl."

He could remember the cool ash on his father's fingers as he marked him, as the ash sank into his skin and locked the name to him, he could remember the fine threat unspooling from his father's fingers, wrapping around him, tightening, tightening until it loosened, until it sat comfortably.

His name was Tyl.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/20/2018 12:51 AM

With each creak from the branch, Isaak felt his heart jump with fear again and again. Such a person must not be human, to be able to balance on such thin, fragile branches. When the creature, spoke, well... Isaak was sure that his heart, for just a moment, stopped.

Names were just words, and words often lacked power. But this name was something else entirely. A thing that made the hairs on the back of his neck stand, made him want to run, or perhaps stare transfixed, listen more. "Tyl," he said, hesitantly, like the name itself would hurt him.

Something very instinctive and intrinsic told him to not give his name in kind. "A-are--are you human?" he asked, voice trembling, as he took another slow step away. It was the main question on his mind. A strange one, of course--but the situation, too, was strange.

[Event posts end here]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate