A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Out of Place {Solo, M: L}

Postby Saahs » 07/03/2018 9:26 PM

Griffin didn't answer for the longest time. He was too busy acclimating to having real limbs again. His hands splayed out at his sides as he wobbled, swaying with the faintest of breezes and stumbling about to get to a tree so he could lean against it. He succeeded, sort of, thudding against it with a soft "oof" sound. It left him surprised, being able to feel the rough bark digging into his skin-- of which he could feel being pulled along with his muscles when he moved. Had living always been this... sensitive?

He hummed, turning to lean his back to the tree and peer about. "No thank you, I won't be long in here I imagine, I just need to borrow your eyesight, like I already said. Is that so much?" Sighing, his gaze slowly drifted to the ground, which quickly caught his attention the longer he stared at it. "Wait a moment..."
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/03/2018 9:33 PM

Indeed there was something to see, after all. Mist. Even more than usual. It was black, and surrounded the whole area, mingling with the usual fog that typically hung about the forest. From what Griffin remembered... this wasn't here last he saw. Something had definitely moved in some time recently.

He half twirled, half wiggled his fingers at the mysterious mist. "Okay you can help me out now: how long has this been here?" he asked in a hushed tone, eyeing the mist as he pushed himself forward on cautious steps. There was no knowing what was out there, and now that he was "alive", so to speak, he was a little afraid to find out.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/04/2018 12:44 PM

Reginauld couldn't feel it when he sighed, but boy was he doing it. So now the lad wanted help. not the kind he was hoping to provide, but it was a request for help nonetheless. I'm not sure, a couple days, perhaps? he responded, wishing so much that he could scratch his neck. It wasn't there when I first entered the forests.

For a moment, he said nothing more, finding himself thinking the question over. Hrm... Why? Why do you ask, uh... I still don't know your name? He peered around, as if doing so would help him get a better idea of what the young man was thinking. It didn't really work.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/04/2018 1:15 PM

A groan escaped Griffin as his name was indirectly asked about yet again. There was a reason, mister man, that he wasn't giving it to you! If this stranger was even remotely related to the Vlor Hiar, Griffin didn't want his name to be thrown out and his identity discovered. There were ways to link the dead back to the faith-- which was the opposite of what he wanted.

"Now's not the time for introductions," he started, pushing himself from the tree and making his way through the woods, "There's something out there causing this. If it turns out to be nothing dangerous, then we can think about trading names, okay?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/05/2018 3:25 PM

And now it was Reginauld's turn to groan. At least, he did so mentally, as he couldn't really control his body into doing it directly any more. Very well, but once that's fulfilled I'd best get my body back. I hardly enjoy being in a black nothingness!

Strange... Something urged him to say the word nothingness in a certain way, to say with with an intention he dreaded to understand. Even without a physical body at the moment, he felt chills. Discomfort, at the notion of what meaning could be behind that word. What was going on today? Everything was going all wrong. Even words.

... Hrm! Well. Do let me know what you find out, alright? I may only be a merchant, but I'll give advice whenever needed, young lad. And with that, he imagined himself sitting down cross legged, arms folded over his chest.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/06/2018 1:13 PM

"Alright, alright," Griffin hissed, rolling "his" eyes as he wandered through the woods. "Thank you for the offer, I'll bear it in mind should I run into a situation." Truly, he did appreciate the offer, he simply wished the man would stop nagging him to give the body back.

Mostly, because a part of Griffin was enjoying having one of his own once more. He could feel things, see them, smell, and probably even taste in a way he hadn't for years. Any time he'd try to venture out of the forest, he would only find himself back in its centre, but now? Perhaps that could change. Perhaps he could break the invisible bonds keeping him trapped in these woods.

[Event posts end here]

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer