A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Colorless Monster Hunters [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 10:22 PM

Even though she was a born night owl, it was, often times, still Bunny that was the first one to rise in the household. Not including Enigma, but... That was an entirely different story.

Today, however, happened to be one of the days where the woman managed to sleep in. Well, her body did wake her up nice and early, but she barely opened her eyes, rolled over, and went right back to sleep, unwilling to rise with the rest of the world just yet.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Colorless Monster Hunters [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 10:28 PM

Sleeping in was good, every once in awhile, at least. Bunny still had be careful, though, as she was fully aware that she was the sort that if she overslept even a little too much, she would just feel even worse in the morning rather than feeling better rested. It was a dangerous game.

Without any particular engagements planned for the day, no jobs to tend to, though, there was little to worry about. Or, well, so she had thought.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 10:33 PM

"Bunny?" Svex called out, knocking on the woman's door.

Although, when no response came, he slowly opened the door a crack, peeking inside. Seeing that the woman was still in bed and well covered, he practically threw the door open and stepped inside.

The very act of it, someone opening the door and barging into her room, roused Bunny from her sleep in an instant.

When she was younger, it would have been much more difficult to wake her up. However, Mania and Luce's existence had changed that.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 10:37 PM

She was still quite obviously tired when she uttered the words, "What is it?" in response to the long haired man that walked in, not even really opening her eyes yet. While her body made her wake, it didn't mean that her mind and everything else had really caught up with the idea.

"Well..." Svex figured it would make more sense if she had opened her eyes and saw for herself, since it was so unbelievable otherwise.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 10:40 PM

The woman waited for him to carry on, but he didn't, and she sighed as she blinked a few times, still unable to really make things out. She reached up and began to rub her eyes.

Svex seemed aware that she could be easily annoyed when she was first woken up, though, and wanted to avoid that, if possible. "Look, we might... have work to do, after all, today," he told her. "In fact, I am quite certain that something is up."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 11:25 PM

Once she had rubbed the sleep from her eyes, Bunny fully sat up in her bed and opened her eyes to look at her companion. "Is that so?" the words flowed out of her mouth before she registered what was going on. Looking at Svex, she could no longer see his beautiful blue eyes or light shade of his hair. It was just... gray. Everything was just gray.

"You see what I mean?" Svex was sure that he did not even have to ask, but he did, anyway.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 11:27 PM

It was tempting to just try to ask if this was a dream, but Bunny would not allow herself to try to deny reality like that. She was very certain she was awake, which meant that, indeed, the color was gone from the world. Though, just to confirm it was the world, she looked all around her room, and even down at her own hands and then the blankets of the bed. There wasn't color anywhere.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 11:30 PM

"I do," she answered. "You don't see any color, either, do you?"

The man shook his head.

"What about everyone else?" she asked.

They were a large household. A mansion that housed not only the lady of the house, Bunny, but all of those that made contracts with her, as well.

"I haven't spoken to everyone. But, so far, it's the same for Carlotta, Clyde, Bibi, Cici and Tootsie," Svex confirmed. Based on the odds, it seemed that it effected everyone.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 11:34 PM

"What about-" the woman began to asked, but Svex cut her off, "When I last checked, just like you, Luce and Mania were sleeping in today. They weren't up yet." He knew exactly what she was going to ask.

Hearing that her children hadn't yet woken up in a panic, the woman felt a small sense of relief. Not that she could actually relax without knowing the cause for what had happened.

"Thank you. For checking on them."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2019 11:36 PM

"Of course," the man replied with a faint smile. They were like family. So it was the least he could do. Or, really, it was not any trouble at all. Svex hadn't even out any thought into it. He just went to check on them; it was the natural thing to do.

Bunny pushed the blankets aside and hauled herself up and out of bed. "We'd better start trying to figure out what is going on," she told her summoned friend.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate