A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Winged Fiend [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 6:31 PM

It did not know what it was doing here. It did not know where here was. In the reality of it, it hardly registered where there had been. It just knew that there and here were different, and it was no longer there, wherever that was.

Looking about itself, it could not help but to think that the world was strange. It was used to trees. It was, but there was something terribly different about the trees here.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Winged Fiend [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 6:34 PM

Otherwise unmoving, the winged creature kept looking all around, turning about in it's place one way and then the other, trying to place the difference. It took it a few moments to realize. Oh. It was a lack of... bright stuff.

Where it had come from, the color were incredibly muted. There weren't any actual bright colors at all, but even very muted colors were vastly more bright and charming than a world made up entirely of gray.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 6:49 PM

Once it registered that the lack of color was the difference, though it hardly even understood the very concept of color, it seemed... content. That was, it was no longer worried about that primary different between the here and the there.

Though, it found itself vaguely wondering how it ended up here. Not that it could recall anything particular happening that may have caused it. Wait. No. It... had it... been destroyed? Died would not have been accurate, after all.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 6:52 PM

What was already, by all means, dead could not die.

But it could cease to exist, in all forms. But if it had been destroyed, it should not have been here. It would not be anywhere, yes? So, therefore... It had not been destroyed? Perhaps...?

It was having a difficult time trying to comprehend anything, since it was hardly ever concerned with such a thing before. It never once before had to worry about where it was and if it were... dead but not destroyed.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 6:59 PM

After a very long moment of it not doing anything else but sitting there, in the middle of the entirely unfamiliar forest contemplating on the ideas of where and its existence, it made a decision. That is, it would not know about where here was by just... sitting. Nor would it come to understand if or why it had not been destroyed, even though it recollected such a thing happening to it. Something, someone, had definitely attacked it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 7:08 PM

And it definitely... fell.

But that was that, and wondering about it would not do it any good. So it took its first step with its gnarled, clawed foot. Even though the ground and the trees lacked any color at all, the earth beneath its feet felt very much the same. The feeling of the soil, of the discarded leaves of the trees, of the patches of grass and other ground vegetation, it was all familiar.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 7:10 PM

It took another step, and another, dwelling there on the ground in the forest in spite of its wings that, instead, dragged lazily on the ground. It thought to fly. It really did. But, doing that, it would become even more lost than it already was, forced to see more of this place than it did now. And it was not ready for that.

So, instead, it crept through the forest, looking all around and listening for sounds.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 7:12 PM

If it had been attacked before, it was a possibility that it could be attacked here, too. It was very much aware of that fact, even if it did not feel so strongly about anything else. It was just part of its survival instincts, really.

When it stepped and the leaves underneath its foot gave an especially audible, satisfying crunch, it stopped, and peered downward. It lifted its foot and cocked its head to the side as it looked.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 7:14 PM

When it lowered its foot back down, the crunch wasn't nearly as satisfying as before, the leaf already being sufficiently crumbled up. Unable to recreate the sound, it sighed, somewhat disappointed, but it carried on anyway.

As it kept on walking, it realized it did not know which way it was going, and even if it kept on going in the same direction or got turned about somewhere along the line. Was it even more lost now?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/31/2019 7:19 PM

No. It did not matter. Even if it walked in circles, it was already lost. In a new here. And it had no destination anyway. It was just trying to move, that was all, since there had been no point, no reason, to just stand still. If it wanted to understand anything about where it was, it had to see where it was, and it would not see without looking.

Still, it would see more if it carried on in the same direction.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate