A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Monster... Hunting?

Postby Celtic » 12/15/2020 12:14 PM

His thoughts wandered to his brother next and Rez couldn't help but smile a bit. The two were mirrored images of one another-- not the same but exactly flipped. Would he see him again? His thoughts were turning melodramatic now-- he'd hardly been gone a few days at this point-- but it was a valid point. At any point, either of them could die. The last encounter would be truly the last.

It'd been years since he'd spent any real time away from his twin. The two were normally inseparable. Maybe Little knows more than I think he would.Any information was good information.

"Little, where are we exactly?"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/15/2020 12:18 PM

"We're in the Whisper Forest!" Apparently he'd gotten over being accidentally slapped.

"Which is where?" This was cause for pause from the leaf.

"Evelon!"

Fantastic, a place he'd never heard of, "Where exactly is this Evelon?"

Rez couldn't see Little's face, but Little was simply shocked at this question. "That's a silly question. Silly mister!" Ah good, now he was getting reprimanded by a child for lacking knowledge

"Maybe a silly question, but I'd like the answer."

"Evelon is the world!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/15/2020 12:21 PM

Oh no. Was all his brain could produce. Oh, oh, oh, no.

"How did she get me all the way to another world!" He muttered out loud, provoking a confused 'Hmmm?' from Little. He'd now abandoned his straight line of walking and began to pace. "Oh no, no, no. How in the world can I get back now?" Rez paced before abruptly falling to the ground, his hands anxiously running through his hair.

"Uh... mister? Are you okay?"

No, no I'm not okay! He wanted to shout, but stopped himself, remembering just in time that Little was just a child. None of this was Little's fault. It was that bitch who must not be named's fault. What a horrible, horrible person.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/15/2020 12:24 PM

Rez focused on breathing for a few minutes, trying to grasp what had happened. His mind simply couldn't though, teleportation between worlds was impossible. There was no way anyone knew how to do it, or had the power to do it. She wasn't even the most powerful magik user he knew! She wasn't the most powerful, by far. How did she manage it then? How?

"Mister?" The small voice penetrated his thoughts and Rez came back to the present for a moment. When had it gotten dark? At that realization, renewed panic coursed through his veins. It was dark. Dark meant predators. Dark meant hunters.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/15/2020 12:27 PM

"Yeah, I'm here Little. Sorry. I just, I needed to think for a moment. How far are we from the edge of the forest?"

Little thought hard. "Mister, I don't know. It's this way."

Rez breathed deeply, trying his best to contain his anger, and began jogging in that direction. His dark vision was adequate in most scenarios, so he only tripped a few times and wacked himself on branches a few others. But he was weak from lack of eating and exhausted from the day of walking he'd already accomplished. Rez could now feel the extra weight Little added-- even if it was only a few grams. He knew that he couldn't continue for long, they needed shelter.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/17/2020 10:57 AM

Rez had to take a break. His breathing was labored and felt sharp in his lungs. His vision was swimming dangerously and his stomach was begging for something, anything to eat. Little wasn't concerned, why would he be? He had no experience with humans, he had no idea what it was like to run places and he didn't have any natural predators. He was a leaf after all, and leaves weren't very nutritiously dense. Especially not his species. Besides, he was young. There were very few experiences he had had.

Rez attempted to sit leaning against a tree but fell instead, very narrowly avoiding bonking his head on the trunk. So instead, he laid there, focusing on his breath. Pulling the air in deep through his belly, feeling it rush in the top of his nose and down his trachea, holding it for a moment when he felt like he could burst and slowly blowing it out through his mouth. He worked on lengthening his breath, connecting to it, trying to slow his heart rate so he could think.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:23 PM

The little falleaf was thwak, thwaking his head, rousing him from his apparent slumber. He blinked his eyes slowly, rubbing them and only revealing complete and utter darkness. This is not good. "Sorry Little... I didn't mean to sleep."

The kid, always good natured responded, "It's okay. You seemed real sleepy." Nearby a branch snapped, bringing Rez to full and complete attention. "I just got scared." Little continued in a very small voice, breaking Rez's heart. It'd been so long since someone was this reliant on him-- he rarely travelled with people who weren't warriors in their own right. This poor kid was utterly helpless on his own.

"We'll be okay. I'll keep you safe."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:31 PM

Rez wanted to just jump up and get moving, away from the noise of the cracked branch (which notably was the only sign he'd seen of other life-- which was an entirely other concerning issue), but he just couldn't see anymore. He couldn't get anywhere if there was no direction to go in. He would risk getting both him and Little lost and then they might actually die. Hope was in short supply, he needed to preserve it. "Little, you should sleep. I'll stay awake for us." He felt the falleef nod and nestle into his neck. He'd only known the little guy for a short while but it was already comforting to feel the leaf snuggle up.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:36 PM

The night was uneventful, thank the gods above. He wasn't sure how long Little let him sleep for, but it was long enough that when the sun began to rise and color returned to Evelon, he was still awake. Once he was certain he could see far enough, he raised up his opposite hand to try and gently rouse Little, which was easier said than done. He couldn't see the little guy and he had no idea what parts of him were safe(?) to touch? He honestly knew nothing about how the species worked. He was brown, what if he was brittle like a fall leaf? What if he broke when Rez touched him? That was a lot of pressure.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:38 PM

Thankfully, Little did not break into pieces when Rez touched him to wake him up from his slumber. Little mumbled and rolled around like any typical kid would and the man smiled. He was starting to get really attached to this kid! It'd be hard not to, he was on a strange planet, he knew no one, he was scared and Little was his only comfort.

"Hey kid, c'mon, time to wake up. Where am I going?" Little didn't respond, but Rez felt a tug in the forward direction, so off they went.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:42 PM

His stomach was quickly complaining and Rez could feel himself getting weaker. He needed a meal and soon. Why aren't there rabbits? Or squirrels? Or any living creature? The thought was plaguing him at this point. This place seemed so unnatural that something else had to be at play here. Little tugged him to the left and he turned left without thinking, continuing to muse about the forest. Soon though, food consumed his thoughts. He was dreaming of donuts and steak and beer.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:47 PM

He saw the trees break.

He saw the trees break.

Less trees.

No trees.

Rez almost cried, he almost fell to his knees, he almost thanked the gods he didn't believe in. But, he kept it together. Just barely though. Looking back, the fog had been getting progressively less and less dense which should have tipped him off that he was close, but he'd been too consumed by hunger for that. He heard a bird! "Thank you, thank you so much Little."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:51 PM

Little blushed, turning his normally orange cheeks a bright red. "Yea!" Then he got quiet, really, really quiet. His mood changed so much so that even Rez, as hunger stricken as he was, noticed.

"Little what's wrong?"

"Um... Can, can I stay with you? I just... I don't know where my mom is." Rez's heart broke for him yet again and immediately agreed.

"Of course. You helped me so much, I will do whatever I can for you. But now I need food."

"Food?"

"Uh, you eat don't you?" It struck Rez that the little leaf might actually be a real plant. And plants don't eat meat, or other plants.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:54 PM

"What's that?"

Rez was dumbfounded. How did you describe food? "Uh, I eat food to get energy. So like... I chew food with my mouth and my body uses that to make energy." Oh god that was horrible. He knew that was bad, but seriously who would be any good at describing food and why it was important.

"So you just put anything in your mouth?"

"No... My body can only use certain things as food. Like little animals or some plants." Oh no, what if Little thinks I'm going to eat him? "But like, things that don't talk and I don't know."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 11:56 PM

Little was silent, considering. "That's weird." Rez laughed, nodding his head. Thinking about it like this, it was pretty weird.

"So do you just get your energy from the sun?"

"Yepp! And it doesn't need to be sunny, but that is better."

"Man, I would love to be able to do that." He wasn't lying, hunting took a lot of time and energy and tools. Hunting right at this moment in time seemed thoroughly impossible. Rez took a deep breath and held it-- speaking of hunting. He needed to do it. Right now.

[Wild Pet Found]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items