A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Spooky Salutations [Hunt]

Postby FrostWynd » 11/01/2020 9:43 PM

Image Image

So, this was the forest that they were gonna be exploring today?

Millie had heard rumors floating around that it was supposed to be a place that you normally shouldn't ever go into. Not unless you were prepared to get yourself lost somewhere inside. It had this odd quirk of making people lose their sense of direction, and only experts already familiar with the place, or those in possession of a decent Pokemon, have the best odds of making it out successfully.

Obviously something like that should deter any sane person the very moment they'd hear such stories, but...

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: Spooky Salutations [Hunt]

Postby FrostWynd » 11/01/2020 9:44 PM

Well, this teen could likely be thought of as crazy, as she was now standing just beyond the outskirts of the trees at this very moment. Her little green canine companion being one of the few to accompany her today, Tondra was looking pretty excited about this newest prospect that was just several feet away, ready to be explored! From here it didn't look all that unusual or suspicious to Millie, as all they could see were just a bunch of unimposing trees. There was always the chance that all those rumors were simply just that, and had absolutely no merit to them whatsoever if this was all the forest was going to have to offer them. It wasn't like she was looking to go and get herself lost anyhow.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/01/2020 9:52 PM

What she actually wanted was to see if there was anything interesting in there, as people getting themselves lost wasn't the only thing she'd picked up on as she went through her info gathering. There was this one detail that, while the description and even mention of it had varied in frequency between the stories, did imply that there was possibly something hidden somewhere in there. And if they were lucky enough, that "something" could be the sign of there being some interesting Pokemon just waiting to be found.

It was also an opportunity to get some important training done, so even if they didn't find anything good to capture, then they would still have that at least.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/01/2020 11:24 PM

Before any of that could actually happen though, they did need to stop hanging around here... And she was getting bored with staring at the trees. "Well, we should get started, huh?" Millie would finally say, turning emerald eyes over to glance at the small pup. While Tondra would of course look up, doing her usual by replying with an energetic bark, the teen had started walking during this motion. Kind of already expecting such an answer, she didn't feel the need to actually wait. Instead she'd just go, and Tondra took to following after her into the forest.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/02/2020 6:15 AM

As they went along, mostly sticking to going in a single direction the entire way so far, not all that much appeared to really stand out to Millie. The daytime hours made the scenery within the forest to be quite nice enough as the leaves had already shifted to their rich autumn colors in time for the season, but ultimately it was still trees, trees, and even more trees. No sign of anything interesting just yet.

The only one who was actually having fun right now had to be Tondra. As this place was like a goldmine of new information for the pup, and she'd be trekking along with an obvious bounce in her step. Whenever she wasn't occupying herself with catching an occasional leaf that was in the process of gently falling down nearby, her little snout would be hovering close to the ground so she could sniff everything that the forest had to offer her.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/02/2020 6:23 AM

All the while, Millie ended up watching as that short spiked tail wiggled about as Tondra now moved ahead of her, and her Pokemon was kind of starting to erratically wander all around in her current activity. She'd even climb up onto some of the roots of a bigger tree, and vanish out of sight behind the trunk as she dropped down onto the other side. "Careful, girl!" The girl warned. "We don't know what's out here, so don't go too far from me."

If the pup actually heard her, Millie wouldn't know immediately. Not while they were hidden behind the tree.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran