A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

What Has Been Done [Self]

Postby Firetra » 12/26/2021 9:01 PM

The unknown spirit meandered aimlessly through the fog riddled forest, it's steps making no sound as it weaved in and out of the dense foliage. It had no name, and seemingly no purpose. It didn't remember how it got here, except that it knew it could not leave the confines of this forest. But it also knew deep down that it deserved this torment somehow. This punishment was just and fair, but the spirit just didn't know for what it was punished for.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Re: What Has Been Done [Self]

Postby Firetra » 12/26/2021 9:04 PM

But, it continued onward. Aimlessly through this unknown forest, the sun never seeming to grace the floor of this godforsaken place. And as much as this spirt knew deep down that this was fair, it couldn't help but want to know what happened. The spirit would desperately try to look into the recesses of it's mind to try and dig up some sort of lost memory bank, but each time it would seemingly get close, some unknown force would pull it back out and the spirit would return to it's reality.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/26/2021 9:07 PM

Every time this would happen, the spirit would never get washed out with anger that it couldn't access it's memories. Only a wave of regret would flow over it, which constantly confused it as it was only trying to access what it owned. Why would it feel regret each time it tried to remember? It just did not make sense!

But yet it would happen each time, without fail, whenever the wandering spirit would try to dig up it's past.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/26/2021 9:57 PM

An endless amount of time had passed for the spirit, it felt like an eternity had gone by yet the forest seemed to never change. The mist still surrounded the floating entity and the a small ethereal hum emanated from somewhere beyond one's sight. The spirit had found itself wandering aimlessly in this always different, yet never changing landscape. A place that would drive any person mad, yet this being felt absolutely nothing.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/26/2021 10:02 PM

Eventually, over time, the spirit began to forget it's desire to remember it's past. It was pointless after all, every time it would get close, it would always be denied by some unknown outside force. It just continued to float in this ever expanding landscape of trees and mist, not being able to feel the wind it could see shaking the trees.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate