Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 2:39 PM

"I came here a few days ago, and I still haven't seen any." Curl replied. She lay on her back, floating around. She looked in the direction of the bucket now and then, but there weren't any Palmies near it.
<center>ImageImageImageImageImage</center>
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 26
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 2:47 PM

"Ah" Dumisa replied looking down in the water. "I'm a tad hungry." He glanced back at the shore and observed a small satchel near a cave in the rocks. "See that cave over there?" He asked, flicking his tail in direction of the indent in the rock. It wasn't to big, only a small hole curving up into a large overhang to make it shady. "I took a nap there this morning, and I carried some lunch with me." The nodded his head at the satchel sitting in the shade. "If you want we can go get something to eat. It's better then asking the humans at the dock to give us anything." He remarked with a grunt. "But only if you want to." He returned his gaze back to Curl.

<9>
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 3:05 PM

"Sure!" Curl agreed happily. "I've been catching fish since I've been here, it would be a nice change."

Curl dived, and swam, then surfaced closer to the shore. "Coming?" she called, floating on her back as she looked at him. She used her tails to keep her floating in the one place.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 3:19 PM

"Right of course!" He quickly swam to shore, then shaking off water from his brightly colored pelt. "The overhang of the rock has the sun shining directly on it, it it's always warm and a great place to dry off." He explained as he started walking down the shore. "I have all sorts of food, so it should be a nice change from fish."

He finally got to his small cave and arranged the moss and grass he used to make a bedding more comforable then sand or rock. Or sandy rock, then started unpacking his satchel. He had sandwiches, bottled milk, bottled water, some bowls, and then some meat wrapped in spices and some plastic wrap around so it didn't spoil.

<10>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 5:15 PM

Curl emerged from the water, and shook herself, sending water droplets everywhere. She followed him to the cove, and lay down in a patch of shade, listening and watching intently. Her tails swung side to side, sweeping any sand from the rock behind her.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 5:36 PM

After he was done unpacking his satchel he looked at Curl. "So, what would you like?" He asked bringing his paw slightly above each item, "You can have whatever you want. Choose first." He said a small stern look in his eyes.

While he waited for her reply he was busy organizing some of the bowls and such in a formation to were they would have an equal amount.

<11>

((I'm going to look for some more people to join if you don't mind :))
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 5:40 PM

Seeing that she couldn't make him pick first, Curl looked at the food, trying to decide what she wanted.
"Just some water and sandwiches, please." she asked politely, her stomach rumbling slightly. She sat up, and coughed, with a paw in front of her mouth, trying to hide the noise.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 5:49 PM

"Alright then!" He smiled and nudged 2 of the sandwichs toward her with his nose, "Make sure to remember to take the plastic wrap off first. And if you want more please tell me" Then place a bowl infront of Curl and filled it with water.

He took a bowl of water and some sandwiches aswell. "Enjoy? I guess." The started lapping up his water quietly.

<12>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 5:53 PM

"Thanks!" Curl replied cheerfully. She unwrapped the sandwiches, ( Which was hard because she doesnt have thumbs. X3 ) and took a bite. Then she lapped up some water.

"They are delicious." she exclaimed happily, when she swallowed.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 5:59 PM

"Good!" He sounded cheerful, "Glad you like them."

"So.." he began "While we wait and after we're done, do you have anything you might want to do? A game of sorts? Because after this I'm not sure what we have to do... and if I get to bored I fall asleep." He chuckled at himself a bit and continued munching his sandwiches happily.

<13>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 6:08 PM

Curl ate the last sandwich thoughtfully, thinking of what they could do.
"Well, I usually swim, skim stones, play with beach goers,....." Curl continued listening things out in that manner for a few minutes.

"How about we look for another Palmie hunter?" she suggested brightly.

( If someone else joins. XD )
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 6:16 PM

((I set up a thread, hopefully I'll get some replies :)))

"Sure!" Dumisa thought it'd be great fun to have another person for Curl and himself to hunt with. "Well, I suppose that if we for them somewhere higher up, it'll be easier to see them." And he flicked his tails upward to indicate the overhang. "Besides, it'll dry us out faster" He remarked noticing he was still a bit damp. Them packed up what was left of their lunch and pushed the satchel out of sight back into the small cave. Afterwards he stood and waited until he was farther outside until he stretched, shook, and gracefully hopped from rock to rock, his pelt glittering in the sun, until he lay down on the overhang of the cave and gazed out onto the beach.

<14>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 9:12 PM

Arxello walked across the beach boredly, intentionally walking in strange patterns to leave his footprints in the sand. He loooked up and spotted two other pets, "Hey!" he said, trotting up, "Sup?"
"Look beyond the flower. See beauty in the thorn."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 286
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 9:19 PM

Dumisa flinched, and glared down at the approaching Fengling with a stern look. "Palmie hunting, that's whats up." He growled a bit. And hopped down from the overhang with a small 'thud' make small indents in the rough sand. "Do you need anything?" He eyed him curiously. He wasn't normally in a bad mood, but he happened to fall asleep in on the rock, and wasn't one to be disturbed.

<15>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 9:22 PM

Arxello ignored Dumisa's stern gaze and growl, "What's a palmie?" he asked curiously. He was still young and wasn't entirely sure of what everything was. He was never afraid to admit his ignorance.
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 286
Donate

PreviousNext