Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 9:27 PM

Dumisa looked at him in a suprised look. He doesn't know what a Palmie is?!?!? He thought to himself, but he shrugged it off. "They're small Palm Tree like creatures. My owner wants one as a pet as asked me to go Palmie hunting." He said, maybe even a bit amused. They love salt water but can't go near the ocean because they're to small and will get turned over by the waves unable to get up a again." He flicked his tail toward the ocean. "We left that bucket of salt water there so we might beable to lure one close to us, and explain that I won't hurt him. The maybe it'll come home with me." He still eyed him curiously as he relaxed a bit and laid down.

<16>
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 9:35 PM

Arxello laughed, "Why on earth would anyone want a palm tree thing as a pet?" He looked at the bucket of salt water to see if any palmies were near, "Are they even intelligent?"
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 286
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 9:41 PM

((You might want to make your posts a bit longer. For one you get more KS with each post if it's longer, and descriptive is always nice <3))

"Obviously my owner" he retorted. "And yes their intelligient. They know they can't go near the ocean, so they head towards unatended buckets full of salt water." He glared a little, "And you have quite big talk for someone who didn't even know what a Palmie was."

<17>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 9:46 PM

((What's KS?"))

"And you talk small for someone so big." Arxello said impersonally, "Well, at least your big compared to me." he said with a shrug. Everybody always seemed to like to argue whenever Arxello said something and it irriatated most people, but his owner seemed to find it endearing.
"Look beyond the flower. See beauty in the thorn."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 9:51 PM

((KS= Keystones, it's Evelons Currency.))

He glared, obviously offended by his remark. Then he looked at the little Fengling for awhile and his gazed softened. "Hmmm" he thought for a minute then continued, "I suppose we got off at the wrong paw at first. You woke me up, and it makes me grumpy." He started saying, half to himself. "And we never properly introduced, I'm Dumisa ((Do-me-suh)) You are?"

<18>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 10:09 PM

((How do you get KS))

"I'm Arxello." he said, happy the conversation was improving, "Do you need any help palmie hunting? Or do you have everything covered?" he asked. He glanced at the bucket of saltwater for a moment, "How long does it usually take to catch a palmie?"

<5>
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 10:16 PM

((You post basically, or you can sell things like art. Or you can auction off retired pets. But instead of spamming my thread with OoC xDDD Why don't you head over to the "Keystones" part of the forum, it should have info there. ;D))

"Nice to meet you..." Dumisa replied, "I suppose you can come help if you wish. Oh yes, and it depends if they come out of hiding or not. If we find one you'll know it. " He stood and shook of the sand that clung to his fur and started off to the small cave. "Well, are you coming or not?" He asked, "Hurry up now." And he trotted back over to the rocks, he crouched, bunching up his muscels and sprung upward. He landed on the rock about half way up then sprang again this time landing on the smoother bit of the rock, then walked over toward the overhang and laid down where he was when they first encountered each other.

<19>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 10:22 PM

Arxello followed Dumisa up the rocks, but instead of leaping gracefully like Dumisa, he had to hop and scrabble his paws across the rock to find purchase. He finally hopped and scrabbled onto the overhang where Dumisa was. He tried not to pant, but couldn't help it.
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 10:29 PM

He figured he should of been nicer to this little guy, he didn't look as old as most, so it might of been nicer of him to offer himself to ridden on since he got up the rocks easier. "Wait here" He said leaping down again onto the sand and dissapeared under the overhang. He came out again with a bottle of sorts in his mouth. Then effortlessly glided up  the rocks as he did before. "Here" He said dropping the bottle infront of him. It read:

'Dasani
Purified water'

"Drink it, it'll help." He smiled softly and nudged the water bottle towards him.

<20>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 10:33 PM

Arxello gladly drank the water, using his tail tohold the bottle. It was cool and refreshing. "Thanks," he said, "So, where are you and your owner from?" he asked conversationally. He didn't travel often and liked to hear of different places.

<7>
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 10:39 PM

"Well" he began, "I first started out with this one owner, who treated me well. But then I was traded away to a new owner, the one I'm with now...Esther" He sighed, "I don't know any pets of hers very well, I'm the only Lucain... she loves me dearly...but I wanted a friend who I met who would be new too, so I wouldn't feel alone. Which is why I accepted to look for a Palmie so egarly." He continued, "Currently she has a nice house with lots of land near Terrace Park. The Crystalline Cavern I believe it's called." He continued rambling in much more detail. "But enough about me, what about you? Where are you from?" Dumisa asked, even though he was deep in thought.

<21>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 10:46 PM

"I'm from the Wilt'no Desert" Arxello said, "My owner, Hannah, has a house there. Not many people or pets live near there, so there's plenty of space to explore, but it's also kinda isolated. Actually, this is my first time at the beach!"
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 10:52 PM

"Ah" he nodded in reply, "That's nice. Wilt'no Desert is a bit to hot for me." He said as he shook his fur. "And this is your first time huh?" He looked amazed, "This mean you might not be used to being near so much water, if I assume correctly."

"If you want we can go for a swim. I'm not sure what my friend Curl is doing right now, she's the Hydrokuhna sitting under the overhang. She //might// be asleep, but I'm not sure." He pondered for a bit after he spoke.

<22>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/11/2008 10:56 PM

"Yeah, usually we have to get water from this really, really deep well." Arxello said, "I would go swimming, but..I don't know how to." he admitted, looking down with embarassment. He looked up at the Hydrokuhna, "She looks like she'd be good at swimming."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 11:05 PM

"It's alright!" He brushed his tail against his back. "If you want you can hold onto my back until you get the feel for water." He said, "But you'd have to sit in front of my wingblades." He stood briskley, "But only if you want to." Then Dumisa looked down at the Fengling and smiled boldly. "And yes, she is a good swimmer!"

<23>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext