Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Postby tullow » 07/12/2008 6:41 AM

Curl woke up and yawned. "Wha..?" she said sleepily when she heard a new voice. Curl shook herself, and stretched until she was fully awake. "Hello!" she said brightly, walking over to the Fenling, "I'm Curl, nice to met you."

They looked like they were about to go for a swim, ( She thinks anyone in or near the water might want to go swimming. X3 ) so she waded out a little. "Going swimming?" she asked hopefully, her swishing tails splashing gently in the water.
<center>ImageImageImageImageImage</center>
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 26
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/12/2008 7:28 AM

"Yeah! Well, at least I'll try." Arxello said, walking out to the shore. He carefully put one paw at a time in the water. He stepped in a little more until the water was up to his ankles. The warm water lapped against him, making him sway. Arxello giggled, "This feels weeird."
"Look beyond the flower. See beauty in the thorn."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 286
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/12/2008 8:14 AM

"I like it." Curl replied happily. She walked out more, until she was wading, not walking. "Coming?" she inquired cheerfully. She lay down in the warm water on the soft sand, with only her head above the water, waiting. She didn't know Arxello hadn't swam before, as she had been asleep.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself!" Curl laughed. "I'm Curl, and you are?"
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/12/2008 9:18 AM

"I'm Arxello." he said, as he carefully waded up until the water was up to his shoulders. He splashed the water with his tails. He looked up at the seemingly endless blue ocean. "I've never seen so much water! I can't even see the shore on the other side!" he said, squinting to see if he could spot some kind of land.
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/12/2008 10:06 AM

"Nice to meet you!" Curl replied. She dived under the water, looking up at Arxello. The water didn't sting her eyes, as she had gotten used to it with pratice. She had plenty of breath left, but she surfaced again.

"Are you coming?" she asked Arxello, floating on her back while watching him.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/12/2008 10:10 AM

"Yeah, sure." he said uncertainly as he walked out until he could barely feel the wet sand beneath his feet, "Everything feels weightless!" he exclaimed, "It's like being in outer space!"
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/12/2008 10:10 AM

"Careful!" Dumisa yowled from the overhang, still there. "The waves can be strong sometimes." He said as he hopped down again and starting padding over next to Arxello. "If you want me and Curl can go out with you, deeper of course." He offered, trying to be helpful. Then walked out to about where Curl was and looked back at Arxello. "It's alright, come on." His tails wagged from left to right as he waited.

<24>
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/12/2008 10:15 AM

"As long as you don't panic, you should be able to swim, even if you haven't swam before. Just moving yours legs to keep yourself up." Curl explained helpfully. She flipped back over, and put her feet on the sand. Her head was just above the water, so she could still talk. "Just don't panic, and you should be fine." she repeated happily.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/12/2008 10:17 AM

((I'm gonna go have some breakfast))

Arxello paddled unsteadily to where Curl and Dumisa were. He could no longer feel the sand beneath his paws. He doggy-paddled around in small circles, careful to keep his head above the water, "I can't even feel the bottom!" he said excitedly.
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/12/2008 10:22 AM

"Yup" He said, "See it isn't to hard. You just have to be careful when a wave comes becaumse they can push you under or back sometimes." Dumisa mentioned. "It's worth knowing. Come on!" He nudged Arxello a bit deeper. "It's not that bad, infact swimming is lots of fun and good workout." Then swam out deeper to where Curl was.

<25>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/12/2008 10:22 AM

Curl swam out and joined him, smiling happily. "That means you are swimming!" she laughed, swimming after him.

Curl stuck her head under the water, holding her breath, and looked up. She loved watching the sun dance on the water, and Arxello and Dumisa looked funny from that angle....
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/12/2008 10:26 AM

Since Dumisa was much taller then Curl or Arxello it would take him awhile to be out deep enough to be actually swimming depth. Waves rippled through the water, rising a level then dropping it back down again. "Doesn't this feel nice?" He asked lifting his head up and closing his eyes letting the sun warm the fur that wasn't already wet.

<26>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/12/2008 10:30 AM

Curl took her head back out of the water. "Excuse me?" she asked, as all she had heard was a strange noise. She held her tails up out of the water, splashing everyone, while waiting for a reply.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/12/2008 10:39 AM

Arxello waded out deeper into the water. He relaxed and closed his eyes. Hor some reason, he felt the sun more strongly know. He opened his eyes and was surprided to see that he was floating. He kicked a little bit and he moved forwards through the water, "This is like flying!" he exclaimed.

<14>
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/12/2008 10:40 AM

"I don't hear anything." Dumisa yawned. "What's this all about?" Then immediately he thought and he glance shot over to the bucket. "Nothing anywhere that I can see." He murmured. "What did you hear Curl?" He looked over at the Kuhna looking in the water...his gaze returned to Arxello.

"Yes it is like flying, and it's not hard. It looks like your getting the hang of it.!" He laughed a bit and sat down, now just his head, neck, and the tip of his wingblades were above the oceans surface looking again at Curl.

<27>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext