Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

You're not very good at being a whale, are you? (Duskie)

Postby Freezair » 06/27/2009 3:03 PM

ImageImageImage

Just off the shore, where the palm trees waved in the breeze and the waves kissed the sand, a pod of dolphins played in the shallows off the bank. Trilling happy notes, they leapt gracefully in the air, a latticework of droplets streaming from their muscular tails. They sprung up with fish like crescent moons clenched in their long maws, salty mist hanging above their heads with every powerful breathe they took.

Inside the Tiki Hut on the beach, two much smaller, more landbound "dolphins" ordered hot dogs.

"I mean it! Extra horseradish!" the larger one said. The baffled waiter held a spoonful of the thick, pungent-smelling glop aboute the hot dog, looking askance at the Bandol peering at him from across the counter.

"More!" the smaller one said. "I like lotsa it! At least... three spoonfuls! Lots!"

"Kid, you know what this stuff is gonna do to your nostrils, right?"

An icy snort blew the waiter's hat out of place. The enormous Frost Paragon, his eyes as cold as his hide, glared down at him. The top of his crown scraped the sprinkler system and the thatching on the roof. The waiter felt the ground rumble as the Paragon moved one of his enormous claws, currently tucked under the bar shelf as he sat, obedient and doglike, in front of three stools. Behind the folded glint of his crystal wings, the waiter saw a disgruntled-looking patron step over his tail in her dainty red high heels, muttering to herself.  

"It's 'cuz it's a full moon," the waiter mumbled. "Full moon, it's always the crazies..."

[13, 36]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: You're not very good at being a whale, are you? (Duskie)

Postby MythicDusk » 06/27/2009 3:32 PM

As the dolphins arched and danced, the female voidbringer flew above them, when one jumped high enough, the bombed downwards, much like the brids of prey that hunt the leaping fish, catching the dolphin in her claws, the brought it to land, feeling it writhe she dropped it from a gread height, killing it quickly as it landed, then landing herself, placing her right claws upon it, biting into the hide and tearing it away. She buried her black muzzle into the exposed flesh, eating ravenously. This was the first good meal she'd had in a while, shown by her almost anorexic looking form.

Her crimson eyes gazed around the immidiate area around her, still eating the dolphin until there were simply scraps of meat and skin left on the bones, she had a full stomach, the sun was shining and she felt too heavy to fly. She lay beneath the shade of a palm tree, being sure to keep her tail clear of the foilage, she rolled onto her back, her stomach bared, her legs in the air and she took on a relaxed posture. Sighing gently and smiling, failing to notice the resteraunt with a frost paragon and a pair of bandols. Not that she would actually be interested, anyway.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/27/2009 3:50 PM

"I can't believe you held us up in there like that," The Attobeast complained as they left the Tiki Hut.

"I can't believe you took up so much space!" William complained back. "You're just as bad as me!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am noooooooooooooo--"

"Are toooooooooooooooo--"

"Are not!"

"Am--not!"

"Are--" The larger of the two Bandols stopped suddenly. His cheerfully argumentative tone fell off into the sand. "Oh my gosh..."

"What?" Spottie asked. The smaller Bandol wiggled around to the larger's side. "Did you--eeek!"

"What are you looking at?" The Attobeast crooked his head. Upon seeing what the others saw, his entire body flinched in shock.

A ravaged dolphin corpse lay on the sand, the ground around it tinged pink. The bones themselves still clung feebly to scraps of pink flesh and tendons danging mourfully. The ribcage poke up out of the ground like a trap, and the skull grinned ominously.

Terrified, the hovering, airborne Spottie dove behind one of The Attobeast's large wings, hiding his eyes. "Monster!" he wailed, terrified.

"Do you think a shark did it?" Trembling, William tried to keep his eyes focused on the corpse, but he dove to hide his eyes in The Attobeast's neck all the same. Some strange compulsion forced him to look towards the the skeleton all the same, stealing quick glimpses of it, always feeling sorry that he did. He did not like particularly gruesome things. He generally thought that he had a strong stomach, but it was only strong when there was nothing in it.

"No," The Attobeast said, sniffing at the edge of the vast pale stain in the sand. "This happened on land."

"Who'd do something like that?" Spottie said. "They're a monster anyway!"

The Attobeast pumped his wings, pulling the three of them into the sky. "Come on," he said. "There aren't many creatures big enough to do this... and if they're that big, they won't be able to hide for long."

[14, 37]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/27/2009 4:02 PM

Redemption scratched her full stomach with one of her bloody claws, her maw still tinged red, her crimson eyes gazing lazily at the clouds that rolled past, her tail brushing against the sand as the flicked it back and forth, scattering embers into the sky, she belched slightly and chuckled gently. She still looked amaciated, but she now simply looked amaciated and as if she was about to lay a bunch of eggs. If she managed to eat enough, and if she did enough excercise, she should get some flesh back on her bones. Her tounge flicked about her teeth, pulling strands of flesh from between them, then rolling onto her stomach, standing and spreading her wings, shaking the sand from them. She still felt way too heavy to fly, not that it was actually a problem. There was a nice source of fish here, nice sun, nice shade, why should she fly away?

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/27/2009 5:11 PM

((Human Dictionary Spellchecker: It's "emaciated." XD This has been a PSA from Human Dictionary Spellchecker.))

"Look!" Spottie jabbed a fin at the ground below. In the shade of a collection of palms, a dark blot stood out against the pale sand. Its wing were made out of glimmring crystal, much like The Attobeast's own--another Para-Gon, as they said. He seemed to be running into a lot of those. He'd been told they were an unusual sight, but with his tendency to run into them, he was beginning to suspect trickery.

He moved in lower. His fine vision--a substitue for his Mistress' own poor eyesight--saw the trickles of blood spotting the sand, and the red flecks on her mouth and claws. There were no other corpses in the area. She'd just been eating, and there was no doubt what.

"It's gotta be him!" William cried. "He's the one who killed that dolphin!"

Snorting angrily, The Attobeast circled in lower. William and Spottie usually enjoyed the sensation of their friend's quick descent, but they were both still preoccupied with thinking about the gruesome dolphin corpse. They clung closely and in silence.

Cold air followed the Frost Paragon as he landed outside of the shade where the dark Paragon rested, and sand flew away from his landing site. He glared into the shade, advancing toward the reclining figure covered in gore.

[15, 38]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/27/2009 5:57 PM

Redemption stood, snorting and shaking sand from her form. "Is that all?" Her high voice mused, her lazy eyes gazing at the paragon, looking him up and down, sizing him up. There was probably no way in this world how she could take him, her flame tail flicked from side to side in annoyance, her dark scales glinting. She tossed her head to a side. "Well?" Her voice boomed. She just had a nice meal. the last thing she needed was a dumb paragon trying to flirt with her. Again. She tossed her head to a side and began to move past him with an ambling walk. She felt way too uncomfortable. She hoped the feeling would pass soon.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/28/2009 12:45 AM

"MURDERE--" Spottie began to lash out, but William clamped a fin over his ambiguously-related little friend's mouth. The Attobeast, his mouth a jagged, grim crevasse, sunk low to the ground. He glared down at the other Paragon. She looked disturbingly at ease. Combined with the blood around her mouth and claws, it was downright nauseating.

The Attobeast hissed a deep, rattling breath. A few small flurries of snowflakes, as red as the wings on the other's back, escaped from his throat before evaporating in the fiery sun of the coast.

"You have killed," The Attobeast intoned. It was his Cool Voice. He liked getting to use his Cool Voice.

[16, 38]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/28/2009 4:17 AM

Redemptions eyes narrowed, then she smirked. They must of meant the dophin. "Nay. I have Survived, not killed." She peeled her lips back from her teeth, a hiss building in her throat. If push came to shove, she would fight back, she knew she would lose, but she would fight. "Another day without food and I would be the corpse on the beach. I would much prefer to kill, as you say, than die myself. Tell me, What food do you eat? Is it meaty? Have you not killed, yourself then?" She loved using logic. "Or, at least, you aided in the killing." She began to move past them. "Do not pass judgement until you consider yourself, and there reasons." She paused for a moment, her tail flicking. "Especially not one whom is already seeking redemption for there sins." She closed her eyes slightly and sighed, beginning forward again.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/28/2009 3:46 PM

"Well--there's a big difference between a dolphin and a--a cow! Cows aren't smart!" Spottie lashed out.

"Cut it out," William hissed.

The Attobeast's spiked tail lashed dangerously. "There is a difference between, say, a cow or a chicken--overpopulated animals without much intelligence--and an endangered, intelligent dolphin.--Not to mention, leaving a bunch of bones and rotting meat out in the sun on a public beach is extremely rude! There are plenty of places around here to get something to eat; you don't have to go around hurting things!"

[17, 39]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/28/2009 4:07 PM

Redemption turned to them and snarled. "Maybe I do not have the liberty of having money to buy myself food! Maybe I had to hunt out of desperation!" She noticed that her tone was coming to a high and hysterical picth, she lowered her tone slightly taking in a calm breath. "Would you prefer I raided a snack bar, possibly killing more than what needed be killed, causing injuries, fatalities, or a single dolphin that can easily be replaced? Do you see dolphins mourning? I do not. If I went into that snack shack and raided it, I would see families mounring, people and pets alike in hospital. I would prefer the life of a single dolphin, to the lives of many. Think before you speak." She said simply, her red eyes gazing into the other paragons. It was obvious. She was too rational for her own good.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/28/2009 4:28 PM

"A theif does not have to kill," The Attobeast said. But at the same time, he felt queasy. Should he advocate stealing, too? Well... Stealing was a far lesser crime than killing, that was for sure. Steal a few snacks, the people who they stole from would still be able to make a living the next day, and no one would die from not having snacks to eat. But--ah! There was something to say. "And if you automatically think stealing necessitates killing, clearly you have the mind of a killer! Villain!"

Spottie turned to William and began to whisper. "Whatever happened to--"

"--Probably shouldn't say anything," William said.

[18, 40]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/28/2009 4:33 PM

Redemption smirked, bowing her head, chuckling slightly. "You're right there." Her eyes snapped up to him. "But I had to kill to keep myself alive, I had to kill to set myself free, I had to kill to go see the one whos soul and mind I killed in one fell swoop!" Her lips peeled back, and then she simply smirked. "But what do you know? What do you know about having to kill to survive? I bet you've had a cushy lifestyle, keystones whenever you requested them, never having to bloody your claws for someone else's wellfare. My freind, do not pass judgement on things you do not know." Her grimson eyes glanced up. "That, is why my name is Redemption. it is the only thing I seek in this life, is my redemption." She closed her eyes and sighed slightly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/28/2009 4:51 PM

"Don't be so quick to pass judgement yourself!" His wings flared. The end of his sentence hit a deep, thick roar in the pocket of his throat. "At least you were born here, weren't you? You didn't get stuck here! You know this world! You weren't--weren't chucked out of the only life you knew, just because the one person you loved, the only person you ever mattered to, didn't need you any more!" His head fell low to the ground; he moved it like a snake. "You're not stuck in some Godforsaken world you've never even heard of, nothing you know about it; every day you wander it lost, looking for her." He hung limply on his neck. "And all you want is to go back home. To know that it some part of her mind, you still matter to her, that you weren't abandoned, you were set free! That you do still exist... You're not just some... some cast-off piece of trash that..."

Snowflakes wheezed out of his mouth. His knees crumpled and he fell onto the sand. He tucked his face into the crook of his elbow, cold breath huffing pitifully.

William slid off The Attobeast's side, softly hitting the silky beach. "...You... kinda hit a nerve there," he said meekly.

Spottie was less tact. "You made The Attobeast cry!"

[19, 41]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/28/2009 5:09 PM

Redemption began to snarl. "I killed my friends only family, I let her drop on her head and forget her memories, I became a slave and killed so many I lost count. I let my best freind live a life, half of which she had forgotten. I did not even tell her her true name. And no, I was not born in this world. I do not know how I arrived here, I simply did. Now, if you are quite doen sobbing like a five year old that just dropped it icecream, I bid you farewell." And with that, she spread her wings and began to take to the skies, but taking a lower ascent, due to the amount of meat in her stomach.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/28/2009 6:19 PM

"I'M NOT SURPRISED, GIVEN YOUR ATTITUDE!" he called back. He stuck his neck out, scowling. "AND I HOPE YOU NEVER FIND IT, YOU JERK!"

William watched her wing away, a bit surprised. "W... Wow. You'd think given that sort of thing, she'd be a bit more sympathetic. I guess some people get so wrapped up in their own problems, they can't even think of others."

"At least she had a family," Spottie said angrily. "Don't worry, buddy. We're still here for you!"

[20, 42]

((Well, dang. o.o Unless we retcon this out of existence, they'll never be able to meet again well. The Attobeast generally holds grudges. As in fitting with the fact that he's breaking down here and showing himself to be the age he's closer to.))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next